# Fund EIP-3074 Research & Development
[EIP-3074](https://eips.ethereum.org/EIPS/eip-3074) adds a powerful new primitive to Ethereum that allows EOAs to act as smart contract wallets. This will allow many new use cases, including transaction batching and account recovery. If you are unfamiliar with this EIP, please review [this thread](https://twitter.com/lightclients/status/1371911245561917441?s=20).
## Statement of Work (Part 1)
The first portion of work is focused on learning how EIP-3074 can be used. The learnings+research from this stage will feed directly into the next stage where the production contracts and integrations are completed.
Total grant ask = **$18,000**
* proof-of-concept Uniswap integration = $12,000
* simple invoker
* web3/ethers fork w/ EIP-3074 support
* meta-mask fork w/ EIP-3074 support
* uniswap integration
* writeup on learnings
* ux research = $6,000
* fund hackathon prizes to explore interesting uses of EIP-3074
* host EIP-3074 workshop (maybe around ethcc?)
We propose the funds be granted to the Quilt team to find and fund a team/individual to complete the PoC and catalyze early EIP-3074 research and development.
## Statement of Work (Part 2)
As of writing this proposal, EIP-3074 has an MVP implementation in go-ethereum authored by the Quilt team. The following items are what we believe is necessary to prepare the ecosystem to fully utilize the EIP, and therefore the expected scope of work the fund will tackle:
Total grant ask = **$1,566,000**
* acceptance in a hard fork (**$20,000**)
* client implementations
* cross-client testing = $20,000
* audit (in progress, Uniswap sponsored)
* invokers (**$1,461,000**)
* simple approve + transfer (**$320,000**)
* 2 developers, 2 months full-time, 2 months 10 hours per week @ $150/hr = $120,000
* 2 security audits = $200,000
* basic full-featured transaction batching (**$398,000**)
* 2 developers, 3 months full-time, 2 months 10 hours per week @ $150/hr = $168,000
* 2 security audits = $230,000
* advanced invoker (**$743,000**)
* 3 developers, 6 months full-time, 2 months 10 hours per week @ $150/hr = $468,000
* 2 security audits = $275,000
* transaction sponsors (**$50,000**)
* trustless sponsor network (e.g. [GSN](https://opengsn.org/)) = $25,000
* trusted sponsor (e.g. [Infura](https://infura.io/docs/transactions)) = $25,000
* developer tooling (**$25,000**)
* web3 support = $5,000
* ethers support = $5,000
* ledger support = $5,000
* trezor support = $5,000
* misc = $5,000
* community fund (**$10,000**)
* hackathons = $5,000
* docs/misc = $5,000
* Research & Development (**$TBD**)
* value in EIP-3074 subcalls currently originate from invokers. This is done only to stay within the bounds of existing protocol invariants. Ideally it should be possible to transfer value from the EOA. EIP-3074 is written to allow this in the future once it has been thoroughly researched and tested.
* Account Abstraction (EIP-2938) is a complementary EIP to EIP-3074 that allows all intermediaries in gasless transactions to be removed. This means users can send transactions to a contract and that contract will decide if it will pay gas for those transactions. Continued research on this EIP is required before it can be scheduled for a hard fork.
We are seeking to develop a fund to ensure the progression of EIP-3074. To expedite this process, we propose a $1.56M fund be granted to an EIP-3074 development committee.
This committee would consist of:
That committee will review funding proposals to build out the necessary EIP-3074 infrastructure.