# Contributor Summit 2023.02 - planning doc
###### tags: `contributor summit`
## *Please BOOKMARK this hackmd note and refer to it for any last minute updates! (such as streaming links, room locations etc.)*
### Part of [CfgMgmtCamp 2023](https://cfgmgmtcamp.eu/ghent2023/)
**Date**: Wednesday February 8, 2023
**Location**: [HoGent - Campus SchoonMeersen, University College of Ghent](https://cfgmgmtcamp.eu/ghent2023/location/), Belgium
**Room**: B.1.017 (whole day), B.1.015 (additional room in the afternoon)
**Registration**: please include Workshop/Fringe day [when you register for CfgMgmtCamp](https://cfgmgmtcamp.eu/ghent2023/registration/)
*(add "Workshop/Fringe registration" to cart, and select "Ansible Contributor Summit" on the Checkout page)*
### To join online:
**Live stream**: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9mpfKP-wO8
**Online chat**: https://matrix.to/#/#summit:ansible.com (or #ansible-conf channel on Libera.Chat IRC which is bridged to the Matrix room)
## Schedule (time in CET)
09:00 - 09:30 Welcome and Intro
09:30 - 10:00 Community plans 2023 (gwmngilfen)
10:00 - 10:30 Project Wisdom (wbentley & ganeshrn)
10:30 - 11:00 Ansible Developer tools (ganeshrn)
11:00 - 11:15 * short break*
11:15 - 11:45 Persona led documentation experience journey (dnaro)
11:45 - 12:15 Ansible ecosystem operators (rcarrillocruz)
12:15 - 12:45 Galactory (briantist)
12:45 - 14:00 * lunch break*
14:00 - 15:00 Building Documentation (felixfontein & briantist) ([commands and links used](https://gist.github.com/felixfontein/4536b1a0f9178c7da6265b861c4bf8d0))
15:00 - 15:30 Steampunk Spotter (Nejc Slabe & Anže Luzar)
15:30 - 15:45 * short break*
15:45 - 16:15 Event-Driven Ansible
16:15 - 17:00 Additional discussions; wrap-up
## Ansible Social (Tuesday Feb 7)
We're planning a possible dinner/social event for Ansible community members. If you're interested in joining, please add your name here by Saturday Feb 4 so we can find a suitable location for the group. Thanks!
Tentative location: Du Progres, korenmarkt 10 - 9000 Gent https://www.duprogres.be/
Reservation for 2 tables under "Carol Chen" @ 19:00 CET
1. Carol Chen (cybette)
2. Felix Fontein (felixfontein)
3. Don Naro (orandon)
5. Walter Bentley
6. David Moreau-Simard (dmsimard)
7. Greg Sutcliffe (gwmngilfen)
8. Ricardo Carrillo Cruz (rcarrillocruz)
9. Anže Luzar
10. Nejc Slabe
11. @webknjaz (Sviatoslav Sydorenko)
12. Brian Scholer (briantist)
## Potential Topics
**Please include lots of detail so folks have context in advance. Should have links to existing proposals, GH Issues, etc.**
Refer to [previous contrib summit](https://hackmd.io/@ansible-community/cs202210-planning) for examples.
***Please propose topics by January 20, 2023 (Friday)***
* name, TOPIC, approx time needed
* felixfontein & briantist, Building Documentation, [~60m]
* [`antsibull-docs`](https://github.com/ansible-community/antsibull-docs), the `sphinx-init` sub-command, etc.
* [github-docs-build](https://github.com/ansible-community/github-docs-build/), the GitHub Actions and Workflows that collection maintainers can use to build docs for their collection and on pull requests to see rendered feedback.
* Live demo of setting up repo with docsite builds (for published docs and PR docs + PR docs diff)
* briantist, Galactory, [~30m]
* About the project: an ansible-galaxy server that uses Artifactory for collection storage
* A lighter alternative to `galaxy_ng` if you're already using Artifactory
* Can proxy to upstream Galaxy to provide a single source of local/private and remote/public collections
* ganeshrn, ssbarnea [~30m]
* Ansible Developer tools
* Upcoming changes to VSCode extension
* ansible-lint updates
* dnaro - Persona led documentation experience journey [~30m]
* Personas represent the various humans in our community who are all on different automation journeys with Ansible. The community engineering team has been identifying personas for the Ansible docsite to put users in context to identify their technical content needs at each stage of their respective journeys. The goal is to ensure that Ansible community users succeed with their goals and lower the barrier of entry for a more vibrant, stronger community.
* rcarrillocruz - Present and future of our k8s operators [~30m]
* Historically, our k8s operators were written in Ansible. Some operators in the Ansible ecosystem, like Pulp, are migrating to Golang [https://discourse.pulpproject.org/t/rewriting-pulp-operator-in-go/561](https://discourse.pulpproject.org/t/rewriting-pulp-operator-in-go/561).
* We are exploring Golang based operators in some projects, like EDA and resource operator
* This talk is to gauge feedback about current Ansible based operators (AWX and resource operator) and opportunities to contribute:
* Who is using [AWX operator](https://github.com/ansible/awx-operator/)/[Resource operator](https://github.com/ansible/awx-resource-operator/)? Feedback around performance, logging and debuggability?
* Have you developed any Ansible based operators? Feedback about operator-sdk Ansible?
* gwmngilfen - Community plans 2023 [~?]
* Follow-up discussion from the State of the Community talk on Monday. Come along and give us your thoughts on what needs attention!
* Nejc Slabe and Anže Luzar - Steampunk Spotter, Ansible Playbook Writing Tool (30 min)
* Introduction of a new tool that analyzes Ansible Playbooks for issues and fixes them automatically or gives hints for improvements. It helps understand what will happen when you run the playbook.
* Overview of how it works and how you can leverage it to write high-quality Ansible content.
* Presentation on how it can be used to simplify Ansible upgrades.
* Live demo
## Session Notes
### Welcome and Intro
### Community plans 2023 (gwmngilfen)
### Project Wisdom (wbentley & ganeshrn)
### Ansible Developer tools (ganeshrn)
### Persona led documentation experience journey (dnaro)
### Ansible ecosystem operators (rcarrillocruz)
### Galactory (briantist)
### Building Documentation (felixfontein & briantist)
### Steampunk Spotter (Nejc Slabe & Anže Luzar)
### Event-Driven Ansible
### Additional discussions; wrap-up