How to Follow
Simply click on the "Follow" button.
You can follow from an individual user's or team's profile.
You can also follow from view mode, or from the author's profile card.
What Happens When You Follow?
- You will receive notifications when a user or team publishes a new post.
- You will also receive notifications when there are new comments on an post by a user or team you're following.
Where Will I Receive Notifications?
All notifications will appear in the "Notification Center," under the "Network" category.
When someone follows you, check out their profile and consider following them back! Let's make HackMD a great place to share knowledge together.
How to unfollow?
Click "Following" and then click "Unfollow".
How do I (or my team) manage my privacy settings about who can see my followers and who is following me?
1. Go to worksapce Settings → Network.
2. Manage these two visibilities in the Privacy section:
- **HackMD users**: other signed-in HackMD users will be able to see who you are following.
- **Anyone**: anyone can see who you are following, whether they are signed-in or not.
- **Only me**: only you can see who you follow.
Teams do not have "Who can see who I follow" setting because they cannot follow users.
How do I manage who I follow and who follows me?
From the workspace Settings → Network, click on "Open following list" or "Open followers list".
Teams do not have "Open following list" button because they cannot follow users.
How can the Follow feature do for me?
- **Stay connected with fans or members of your communities**: invite people who are interested in your work to follow you on HackMD. Your followers will receive notifications when you publish new posts.
- **Follow the teams you are responsible for**: Receive notifications when someone comments on notes published by your team, so you don't miss any comments.