tags: binder, meeting, notes
# JupyterHub and BinderHub Team Meeting - June
Date: 2020-06-18 at 8am UTC
* **Videoconference link:** https://meet.google.com/was-uqcr-qkm
* **Your timezone:** https://arewemeetingyet.com/UTC/2020-06-18/08:00/Hubs%20Team%20Meeting
## Welcome to the Team Meeting
If you are joining the team video meeting, sign in below so we know who was here. Roll call:
* name / institution / GitHub handle
* Min / Simula / @minrk
* Vilde / Simula / @Vildeeide
* Simon / OME, University of Dundee / @manics
* Georgiana / CIR / @GeorgianaElena
* Tim / Binder / @betatim
* Kenan / GESIS / @bitnik
* Arnim / GESIS / @arnim
* Erik / Sundell Open Source / @consideRatio
* CL Kao / InfuseAI / @clkao
* Dan Lester / Ideonate / @danlester
## Quick updates
60 second updates on things you have been up to, questions you have, or developments you think people should know about. Please add yourself, and if you do not have an update to share, you can pass.
* [name=Sarah] A few fun things I've been up to! (#ITalkTooMuch)
* My colleague Fede and I analysed the responses to the mybinder.org user survey with Natural Language Processing: https://github.com/sgibson91/mybinder.org-user-survey-nlp
* Slides for my CogX talk on the Federation: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3885704
* Slides for my e-Rum talk (running parallel with this meeting): https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3826152
* We now have the trifecta of Zero to Binder tutorials!
* Julia ➡ http://bit.ly/zero-to-binder-julia
* Python ➡ http://bit.ly/zero-to-binder-python
* R ➡ http://bit.ly/zero-to-binder-r
* short-term (<1yr) entry level research engineer job opening at Simula (can be remote) to work on JupyterHub: [apply here](https://www.simula.no/about/job/call-research-engineer-jupyterhub)
* [name=Erik] Z2JH CI / testing: https://github.com/jupyterhub/zero-to-jupyterhub-k8s/pull/1664
## Reports and celebrations
This is a place to make announcements (without a need for discussion). This is also a great place to give shout-outs to contributors! We’ll read through these at the beginning of the meeting.
* add item here
* Sarah is a talk giving profesional. Thanks for spreading the word and giving so many great talks to communities beyond Jupyter!! [name=Tim]
* https://guide.allennlp.org/ uses mybinder.org to run their examples
* https://github.blog/2020-06-17-using-github-actions-for-mlops-data-science/ mentions mybinder.org as well
* [name=Erik] I'm so excited to see the work done on the bots and now recently the welcome bot! Example can be found [here](https://github.com/jupyterhub/jupyterhub/issues/3095)! Thank you everyone involved and Georgiana especially who provide the amazing graphics!
* [name=Erik] Simon did a lot of work to triage in JupyterHub / Z2JH, thank you! :heart:
* [name=Erik] I'm happy to see new faces in the meeting! Welcome!!!
## Agenda items
This is what we’ll cover in the meeting (we have about 60m in total). We’ll copy the proposed agenda topics above here just before the meeting.
* add item here (include your name and estimated time for discussion).
* Removing insensitive language from our repos
* Originally posed by Chris here: https://github.com/jupyterhub/team-compass/issues/299
* start work on renaming things like blacklist/whitelist
* renaming git branches and associated tooling will be the second thing to do
* waiting a little bit to see what GitHub and other projects are doing so that we end up doing the same thing
* short blog post when we deprecate the old names with a timeline of how long they will continue to exist and when they will be removed
* need to be a bit careful with dropping names because that might allow logins/repos/etc to work which were blocked
* [name=Min] introducing Vilde and our summer project to survey / analyze repos with repo2docker.
* https://binderlytics.herokuapp.com/ ha a SQL version of our launch analytics if that is useful
* [name=Tim] "Binder button"
* Thoughts and wisdom on injecting JS into "all" webpages?
* How to do it?
* Sidecar proxy in all singleuser pods?
* modify CHP to inject things there
* What could go wrong?
* [name=Erik] 1-2 min summary of new Z2JH developer setup
* Open mic
* [name=Sarah] https://github.com/jupyterhub/mybinder.org-deploy/pull/1469
* [name=Dan] [ContainDS Dashboards](https://cdsdashboards.readthedocs.io/) - publish Voila/Streamlit/Plotly Dashboards using JupyterHub