owned this note
owned this note
Linked with GitHub
# HubSpot and Salesforce Integration: Best Practices for Connection
**TABLE OF CONTENTS**
* [Key Features of Salesforce](##Key-Features-of-Salesforce)
* [Key Features of Hubspot](##Key-Features-of-Hubspot)
* [Useful Benefits of Salesforce to HubSpot Integration](##Useful-Benefits-of-Salesforce-to-HubSpot-Integration)
* [Migration or Synchronization Difficulties Between Salesforce and HubSpot](##Migration-or-Synchronization-Difficulties-Between-Salesforce-and-HubSpot)
* [How to Integrate Salesforce and HubSpot Using Native Connectors](##How-to-Integrate-Salesforce-and-HubSpot-Using-Native-Connectors)
* [How to Sync Salesforce and HubSpot Using Cloud Service](##How-to-Sync-Salesforce-and-HubSpot-Using-Cloud-Service)
It's the year 2022, the market is overwhelmed with tools that help companies to manage day-to-day business activities. Sometimes, a single solution such as Salesforce, BigCommerce, Hubspot, Zoho, or other big product on the market can satisfy all the customer needs. However, practice shows that each solution has its pros and cons and often businesses decide to utilize multiple systems to cover their needs and achieve greater results. There is also a case when a company decides to migrate from one solution to another and wants to keep all its data. This article is dedicated to Hubspot Salesforce integration. It highlights the key features and benefits of both, and describes the ways you can transfer data from one to another using built-in tools and third-party solutions.
## Key Features of Salesforce
Salesforce is one of the most know management tools out there. Support, sales, and marketing teams utilize it worldwide to better connect with partners, customers, and leads. Let's check some general features that stand behind its popularity.
### Insights and Reports
Salesforce analyzes and sorts the customer data to provide a single unified view of a customer to multiple teams. This data can be used to run reports and provide all the team members with valuable insights. The reports show which ads and marketing messaging are most successful at converting leads, person’s location in your sales funnel, post-purchase habits, and many more.
Salesforce provides great data visualization tools out of the box. You do not need to use any third-party solutions such as spreadsheets avoiding manual data import and export. You can select the set of visually provided statistics to be displayed on your dashboard. While marketing and sales persons follow the same global goal, they pay attention to different metrics. Dashboards let users quickly see the data that’s most important to them without having to dig, sift, sort, or run a report.
### Automated Messaging
As you have the information about your audience, market, and industry, you can utilize that data to improve your communication with the client and make it more personal. Select people with important similarities and put them into one drip campaign. Salesforce allows you to set up a series of automated emails that address the needs of the target audience.
### Proactive Sales and Support interactions
Consolidated data improve a sales team’s outreach efforts and customer service’s ability to help manage customer relationships. When both teams know the interests of particular customers they can meet customer needs and solve problems proactively. With relevant data available in dashboards and cases, there’s no need to dig for information, so a rep can get right down to what matters.
### Numerous Built-In Apps
Salesforce provides its users with useful built-in apps such as lead management, opportunity management, quote management, quote to cash, Einstein analytics, and much more to empower the user with tools to solve everyday tasks effectively.
## Key Features of Hubspot
HubSpot is also a big player in the market. It provides user-friendly tools for the marketing team to attract people, the sales team to engage those people, and the service team to delight clients so they will attract even more customers. Let's check what Hubspot brings for each of those categories.
### Sales-Dedicated Features
Sales team benefits from the deals dashboard that helps to analyze sales pipelines. Additionally, Hubspot provides email and lead activity tracking alongside automated logging and updating of customer activities.
### Marketing-Dedicated Features
Chatbots help the marketing team to establish a connection with visitors. User-friendly ad & landing management systems help marketers to save time and bring their ideas to the market faster. The email marketing tracking system provides real-time insights.
### Key Features For Customer Service Teams
Hubspot provides live chats to help clients in real-time and internal communication tools for better in-team collaboration. The ticket system helps to keep track of requests; support templates shorten the customer wait time and combined with a response time tracking system you receive a great mechanism to ensure client satisfaction.
## Useful Benefits of Salesforce to HubSpot Integration
Hubspot Salesforce integration benefits sales and marketing teams by extending their capabilities with automation and reporting tools from both sides. Hubspot brings in email subscription types and performance tracking, GDPR compliance, convenient drag and drop builders, lead and Company scoring, social media scheduling and monitoring, and many other useful tools. On the other hand, Salesforce helps to fix Hubspot's weak spots such as limited customization and a lack of reporting capabilities.
## Migration or Synchronization Difficulties Between Salesforce and HubSpot
### Data Is Not Synced Properly
Data not being synced properly during Hubspot Salesforce integration is one of the most common cases. To avoid it, pay attention to the naming convention. Some objects in Salesforce and Hubspot can be in charge of different data despite having the same names.
### Mapping Problems
During the Hubspot Salesforce integration use Mapping to make sure that object properties are the same across two systems.
### Multi-Currency Issues
Both systems support multi-currency. When Salesforce opportunity syncs with HubSpot deal it uses the default system currency. Make sure to set the identical default currency value in both systems before performing Salesforce Hubspot integration.
### Campaigns Misalignment
In this case, we return to the naming conventions. In HubSpot campaign stands for the collection of assets and in Salesforce campaign is a list of contacts that are connected to the assets. Thus, Salesforce campaigns should be manually added to Hubspot.
## How to Integrate Salesforce and HubSpot Using Native Connectors
You must have administrative permissions in your Hubspot and Salesforce accounts and have a subscription plan in both systems that allows you to use native connectors.
### Install Native HubSpot Salesforce Connector
* Login to your Hubspot account and click the Marketplace icon on the upper right of your screen.
* Choose **App Marketplace**.
* Start typing Salesforce in the search bar and select **Salesforce** from the dropdown list.
* On the Salesforce native connector page click **Install App** to start the installation.
* You will be prompted to login with your Salesforce account.
* In the pop-up window, enter your Salesforce credentials and click Log In.
* Next, install HubSpot in Salesforce. Click **Start the Salesforce package installation** to begin.
* You'll be redirected to Salesforce to install the HubSpot integration package. Select **Install for All Users**, then click **Install**.
* Choose **Yes, grant access to these third-party websites** checkbox and click Continue.
* Salesforce will install the HubSpot integration package. Click **Done** and wait for a Package HubSpot Integration Install Successful email from Salesforce.
* After the package has been installed in Salesforce, get back to HubSpot and click **Next**.
* You can optionally install the HubSpot Visualforce module to Salesforce. This module shows the contact's likelihood to close, and allows you to view and filter contact activity and enroll contacts in HubSpot workflows. Click Add HubSpot to Salesforce to install or skip this step to proceed to the next step.
* Choose the preferred sync setup method.
* If you select Recommended setup, click **Review settings**.
>Note: if you select Recommended setup, HubSpot will create mappings between HubSpot properties and Salesforce fields. If the Salesforce field does not have a matching HubSpot property, a new property will be created in HubSpot by an Unknown user.
* If you select Advanced setup, click **Next** and manually set up your contact, activity, task, object, and property sync settings.
* Lastly, review your selected data sync settings. To change the settings for a data sync type, click **Change**. When you're done, click **Finish setup and begin syncing**.
> After installing and setting up the Hubspot Salesforce integration, records will not automatically sync. You can import your records between systems manually or create triggers that will launch the import process.
### Import Data Between Salesforce and Hubspot
If you have the HubSpot Salesforce integration enabled, you can import Salesforce leads, contacts, accounts, opportunities, tasks, and campaigns into HubSpot.
* Open Hubspot and go to *Contacts > Contacts*.
* Click **Import**, on the upper right.
* Click **Start an import**.
* Select *Integrations > Salesforce records*, then click **Next**.
* Select the Salesforce object you want to import:
* Click **Begin import**.
* You'll be redirected back to the Imports screen. When your import is complete, it will appear in the import table.
* Click View import errors to view any errors for your Salesforce import.
## How to Sync Salesforce and HubSpot Using Cloud Service
When setting up Salesforce Hubspot integration and import you are not limited to native connectors. You can use third-party cloud solutions such as Skyvia to make the process less painful and time-consuming.
There are three steps to create a Salesforce Hubspot integration using Skyvia:
1. Create Skyvia Hubspot connection.
2. Create Skyvia Salesforce connection.
3. Create Import package.
To follow the steps listed below please login to your [Skyvia account](https://app.skyvia.com/) or create one for free.
### Create Skyvia Hubspot Connection
* Go to *New > Connection* and select **Hubspot**.
* Click **Sign in with Hubspot**.
* Click **Create Connection**.
* Your Salesforce connection will appear in the list of Skyvia objects.
### Create Skyvia Salesforce Connection
* Go to *New > Connection* and select **Salesforce**.
* Click **Sign in with Salesforce**.
* Click **Create Connection**.
* Your Salesforce connection will appear in the list of Skyvia objects.
### Create & Run Import Package
* Go to *New > Import*.
* Select **Data Source** as a source type.
* In the connection dropdown under Source choose where you want to import data from.
* In the connection dropdown under Target choose where you want to import data to.
* Click **Add New** on the upper right to add an import task.
* From the Source dropdown menu select what object you want to import and click **Next Step**.
* Select to which object you want to import data to from the Target dropdown and click **Next Step**.
* You can manually map fields on the Mapping Definitions step. Otherwise, click **Save**.
* Created task will appear under Tasks. You can add any number of tasks to the tasks list. They will be executed in the selected order.
* Click **Create** to finish import package creation. It will appear in the list of your Skyvia objects under packages.
* To run a package, open it and click **Run** on the upper right.
In this example we imported data from Salesforce to Hubspot. If you want to perform a Hubspot Salesforce import, select Hubspot as a Source and Salesforce as a Target while creating an import package.
Moreover, you can automate the import process by clicking Schedule, and setting the time and frequency options.
Hubspot and Salesforce are both great products that help companies worldwide to boost their business. When a company uses both services at the same time or decides to move from one to another it needs a way to import data between them. The integration process is not such a trivial thing and can become painful pretty quickly. To build a Salesforce Hubspot integration you can either use native tools or third-party cloud solutions such as Skyvia. Skyvia is built to manage integrations between cloud services, databases and data warehouses and is focused on making the process as smooth as possible. Its capabilities include [Hubspot Salesforce integration](https://skyvia.com/data-integration/integrate-salesforce-hubspot) but are not limited to it as it supports more than 100 different connections.