# Sushi 2.0 🍣
The early part of 2021 was fantastic for Sushi, the team, the holders, and the community. We were leading the way with a number of innovative product releases and pulling off what felt like the impossible. However, we were plagued with consistent issues for most of the remaining year which hurt the morale of the team, trust was lost with the community, and productivity was at an all-time low. 2022 will be better. We have composed an ambitious roadmap of some of the key product releases, improvements, and ideas from the team that we'd like to tackle.
Three core overriding goals:
## Hybrid Exchange
Permissionless AMM is a great model, it works, it scales, but has its own trade-offs and drawbacks. Moving to a hybrid model which combines the benefits of a permissionless AMM, and of decentralized order books, both on and off-chain is the way forward. It unlocks a huge volume potential by capturing the positive flow from aggregators, by offering the best execution prices which by default incentivizes volume. Even more, can be done though. Utilizing abstractions of layers & networks, liquidity could be utilized cross-chain via various solutions such as Layer Zero, for example, to provide the lowest execution price no matter what network you live on. The same idea can be replicated among various products in the Sushi ecosystem.
### Trident AMM
Trident is an agnostic AMM framework, built on top of the BentoBox. It has the ability to support all current AMM pool implementations, and future innovative pool implementations. It has been in active development for over 6 months and is nearing an initial v0 launch on a network TBD.
### Order Book Layer
- Optimised filler bot, supporting multi-hop router (no pair restrictions).
- Order book UI (orders fillable from the UI).
- Multi options for Broadcasting the Orders
- Margin limit orders using Kashi
- Support a wide range of order types
- Binary / All or None (AON) Orders
- Stop-Loss Orders
- Stop Limit Orders
- Immediate or Cancel (IOC) Orders
- Fill or Kill (FOK) Orders
- Good Till Cancelled (GTC) Orders
- Take Profit / Profit Target Orders
- Furthermore, the above orders can be interleaved with each other to execute more complex and chain/conditional orders
- Pro CEX-like trading terminal with adjustable UI, order book w/ depth, recent trades, trade history, positions, and PNL management
- Allow for OTC deals using the order book
- RFQ Style Order System
- Whitelist Option for certain markets - Private Market Makers (PMM)
- Tines usage for Order Routing across all networks
- Support receiving or spending funds with both your BentoBox and wallet
- Block trades, bundles of assets at specific prices.
BentoBox is a token vault, which is highly gas optimized, it utilizes virtualized balances to allow for idle funds to be utilized in strategies to achieve a high level of capital efficiency. In 2022, there will be a strong focus on building strategies for use with the BentoBox, and strategists to focus specifically on this.
Kashi is an innovation in the Defi lending space, but was neglected, never completed, or scaled. We haven't even begun to unlock its true potential. As a protocol it's feature-complete, it's permissionless, oracle agnostic, and has unique properties within the decentralized lending space with its isolated markets, margin leverage capabilities, and automatic unwinding.
- Oracle framework to allow for easy on-boarding of ANY oracle provider, unlocking a HUGE number of potential markets across networks.
- Complete rebuild of the UI to improve UX and continuity between Sushi products.
- Completion of key features, such as TWAP support, liquidation price, and more.
- Optimizer to provide optimized lending rates across all the isolated markets, it would issue a `koToken` e.g. `koUSDC` which can be used to leverage on any other protocols providing an option to multiply TVL at Kashi without any increased risk to the lender.
- Integration with limit orders to provide margin leveraged orders.
- Better tooling to monitor market performance, and allow A/B testing of different market configurations.
MISO is an innovative framework of protocol factories, it's most commonly understood as a token launch pad, which it is, but it can be so much more. This month it has been integrated into the Sushi app and legacy UI is ready to be depreciated. It has full multi-chain support and we have begun deploying and scaling this across networks. We have some more plans though...
- Recipes. We have some of the best chefs working on recipes for MISO which provide the most unique USPs of a platform like this on the market. Almost anything is possible! Auction creators can adapt the auction creation process to cater to their pre and post-launch plans.
- Gnosis Safe or Minimal Multisig
- Liquidity Lockup
- The great unlock. MISO is permissionless, but we've acted as a gatekeeper. We'll soon be running the first experiment which will showcase a completely permissionless release of MISO on a network TBD.
- Curation program for projects who want to work directly with the Sushi team or via community signaled curation.
Permissionless rewards infrastructure, which by design will scale infinitely, act as a true Defi lego and provide certain USPs which will encourage external projects to place rewards on Sushi liquidity pools.
- Anyone can add incentives to any pool through a Sushi Shopify-like UI, or via Protocol <-> Protocol integration.
- Project owners control the management of their incentives.
- Curation program to bring dual, multiple, etc... rewards to the UI with the lowest amount of friction possible, encouraging incentives, and making the path to incentivizing liquidity pools on Sushi as clear and simple as possible.
Furo is a money lego protocol built on top of the BentoBox. It allows users to create different applications such as token streams and vesting for example. It was designed with an architecture that is composable, base contracts that contain the base logic of the base implementation, and you have application contracts that add different levels of abstractions over the base contracts. For example, FuroStream is the base contract for streaming token, and FuroStreamPosition is built on top of it which adds an NFT to represent the position of the stream, perpetual streams (never-ending streams), etc. The main aim is to have such financial instruments on top of bento-box, which can allow users to get yield while their tokens are locked away. Initially, Furo will come with token streaming and vesting contracts. It will have tasker modules, which can allow users to automate operations on Furo using the keeper, gelato, chainlink bots or other such solutions. E.g. Take out my salary every 10 days and invest it in Kashi Lending.
Inari is a useful tool for people to ape into known strategies, this can be made more generic. Adding a recipe maker and allowing people to create recipes of their own, that can be used by others. This would help drive more adoption to Sushi, as a lot of complex strategies can be executed by normal users as well.
Shōyu originally launched before it was ready, there's no arguing that. The other issue it faced was that it didn't align with the original proposal that passed. Since the launch, we collected feedback and went back to build what was originally promised. The team has been hard at work building a system that will scale, features that you've requested, and an experience that is unrivaled in the NFT space.
The team has been quietly working through the storm and has been producing quality updates in the planning and architecture stage to build a scalable platform. This is an extremely essential process to build a solid foundation for the future. The decision to pivot back to the original proposal means that the focus will be on the marketplace and the user experience.
The next time you see Shōyu launch, it will be open to all. There will no longer be a gated launch and we will be indexing all NFTs, not just Shōyu's. We are building one of the greats and we're excited to be able to share more about what we've been working on soon.
## Sushi Interface
The Sushi Interface is a complex beast. It's been pushed to its limits, supporting to date 15 networks, and a lot of different products. It's not perfect, by a long shot, but it's done a job and is improving every day. We have some ambitious plans for this though too.
### A Fresh Start
Given the age of the repository, there are big improvements we can make related to architecture and app performance. At the moment, we are being weighed down by patterns reliant upon React Hooks for nearly all business logic. We should consider a complete re-work of the UI taking advantage of optimized React patterns:
- Type safety everywhere (strict mode by default with null checks)
- Use of robust state manager with query handling embedded (e.g. RTK query)
- Usage of promise-based async calls (with proper loading/error handling) vs hook-based call states
- Higher testing coverage
Once we have a strong new base architecture, porting parts of the app should be relatively straightforward since it will merely have to connect to the new data layer. We will start on a new base in parallel to continued development on the legacy interface. Once we have a solid base we will begin porting various products into it.
It's time for official Sushi merch!
## Open Source
Sushi was born out of Open Source principles, and we will aim to give back wherever possible. We will build out a set of repositories to promote Ethereum development, encourage best practices, and so on.
## Final Thoughts
This roadmap is ambitious, and a collaboration of some of the most interesting ideas shared between the team and others over the past year. We aim to tackle every part. We believe with enough focus we can achieve these goals, and even more. We are ready. 🍣