People's Interest and Availability for 2019
| Name | Interest Level | 2019 Availability | November Availability for Planning |
| benhylau | Committed | Full-time | All of November |
| darkdrgn2k | Interested | Part-time/contrib | Most evenings |
| ansuz | Interested | P/T transition | Late November |
| elon | Interested | Part-time | Most November |
| patcon | Interested | Possible full-time | In Taiwan, unclear availability |
| udit | Interested | Part-time | Part-time, weekends |
| garry | Interested | Contribute | Most evenings/days |
| dawn | Interested | Part-time/?? | Probably most Nov, most evenings/days (would need to blockoff soonish) |
| rob | Interested | Part-time/?? | part-time, weekends |
## Hopes & Dreams
* **benhylau** wants to work on offline networks tech and curriculum development/facilitation. He can bring product management in open work models, technical skillsets (peer-to-peer applications, mesh networks, infrastructure provisioning, mobile applications, technical documentation) and connect with sources of funding. While he is down for being full-time involved, he'd only commit if there are other product mindset people having similar levels of commitment.
* **udit** Through the co-op, I’m interested in working on projects relating to education, distributed citizen science, and applications that are relevant to non-technical users. I'm also keen to start thinking about the long-term vision and project road-map of the cooperative. I have a generalist background and broadly my skills are research, design, and prototyping. My technical skills include electronics, designing digital systems, and firmware development. More recently, I have been consulting in strategic planning roles across industry verticals where I have been involved in research, writing, and briefing corporate clients on emerging opportunities and risks. Another related interest is science communication and I have some experience in writing and workshop facilitation on topics ranging from physics to robotics.
* **ansuz** is interested in developing sustainable, accessible, privacy-enhancing tech. He has a particular interest in offline and encrypted networking, and would like to contribute to the complete process of delivery: collecting requirements from potential users, development, documentation, triage, and marketing. He can offer experience with product management, technical writing, and cryptosystem design. His current work is funded by European research, and he would like to gain more experience with grant-writing and lead generation. Interested in full-time commitment after a part-time transition period from his current work, provided there are enough leads that continued involvement seems sustainable.
* **darkdrgn2k** I like working on interesting problems, learning new skills and furthering my existing ones. I would like to work with other talented individuals to learn how to better collaborate and how multi people projects are managed. My formal education is "Computer Programmer/Analysis", however I have been self taught in a variety of computer related disciplines including networking, network infrastructure, system administration and more. Brining this variety of knowledge to a problem allows me to be able to understand it and approach it sometimes form a unique way. I currently cannot commit to full time participation in this endeavor, however I am willing to contribute to it if the opportunity presents itself.
I am interested in forms of solidarity building through the design and development of networking/communications projects (and imagining more autonomous and respectful/consentful tech). Some of this would include thinking about how projects could support us in place (e.g. Mayfirst's model, local Toronto Neighbourhood/Community organizing). I want to learn about how to design with internationalization, translation, accessibility in mind!
I have experience developing workshops/curriculum, teaching, ethnographic research, participatory design & prototyping, "working open" project management and facilitation. I would be able to commit to part time involvement, however there are unknowns: I start field work sometime mid-2019 and so there would be periods when I would have less (or remote) availability and periods when I would have more. I would want to work with others who have a shared set of values and mission driving why we work together--I could lend my experience developing mission statements, governance processes, annual meeting planning, etc... to help with that process.
* **elon** I am interested on working with decentralized / offline networks, learning new technologies, and skills. I would like to work on various projects with people that have the same interest and mindset. I also would like working with hardware and getting them to talk to one another. I have experience in system administration, networking, and managing infrastructure. I am willing to contribute my time into this cooperative.
* **rob** My primary interest here is in the idea/experiment of setting up the worker co-op itself. Specifically I hope to contribute to shaping: organizational structure, governance models, the value proposition to members, business model. Designing a system that supports everyone’s professional preferences, in terms of the content of the work and the lifestyle afforded, is the intriguing part for me. I hope I can be useful in synthesizing input, helping the group to locate consensus, and articulating a collective vision. My background is in the arts and I spent several years advising large public and private sector organizations as an innovation, brand, and foresight strategist at a management consultancy with a heavy design bent.
* We could talk to the [oat.tao](http://tao.ca/) or [anarres.ca](http://anarres.ca/) (old tech worker co-op!) folks still in toronto
## Similar Organizations
* [Koumbit.org](https://www.koumbit.org/en/about) - Montreal
* [Enspiral](https://enspiral.com/) - NZ
* [May First/People Link](https://mayfirst.org/en/) - Binational, based in the US and Mexico