# 2019-05-29 NumPy Development Meeting
- [Zoom Meeting Link](https://zoom.us/j/3192956425)
- [Trello workboard](https://trello.com/b/Azg4fYZH/numpy-at-bids)
- [Previous meetings](https://github.com/BIDS-numpy/docs/tree/master/status_meetings)
**Present:** Matti, Tyler, Julian, Kriti, Sebastian, Ralf, Hameer
## Follow-up from last meeting / discussions
- Problem with NEP website - [repo](https://github.com/numpy/neps) is updating but [website](http://www.numpy.org/neps/) shows old content
- Stéfan updated; not sure about cause of problem, but could be [this GitHub incident](https://www.githubstatus.com/incidents/6vyp7d36str6)).
- Updated roadmap is accessible [here](https://www.numpy.org/neps/roadmap.html)
- Randomgen was merged! Now for all the cleanup. Still need to decide what the API for default `Generator()` is
- Discussion about which Bit Generators to include:
- do we want to include a cryptographic BitGenerator? Julian: problematic as that may require numpy security updates, if done we should use whatever the OS provides (e.g. linux getrandom() or/dev/random)
- Python Crytographic Authority maintains a "standard library": https://github.com/pyca/cryptography and https://pypi.org/project/cryptography/
- do we really need to add something beyond that?
- How we decide what to include?
- The direction is to keep the ones we have, and document why people would choose one or the other.
- Regression with pandas - there is a PR to fix:
- Keeps a "bug" open, but lets keep this fix for 1.18 (back to old behaviour)
- Quality candidates have been applying for both Scipy and NumPy. More ideas for projects are welcome.
- [PEP 590](https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0590/) may be of interest
## Additional Details
- Tyler -- [weekly working notes](https://workflowy.com/s/may-29-2019/Rq3nR6MKVgikw8GL)
- Randomgen, prparing talk for SciPy Israel on NumPy and workshop on wrapping c code with cffi, cython, and others
- Working on ufunc (setup/teardown) moving more things into ufunc-impl
- Will start writing a bit on value based issues/solution.
Please remember to archive this file and commit it to github.com:bids-numpy/docs