CDT Monthly Call March 10 2021
**Please note the new schedule - meetings are now the second Wednesday of the month at 11am Ottawa time**
- **Location:** [:computer: Zoom Meeting](https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/545364607?pwd=L1d2eDQ4RWJmdkk3YXkvcW90RWJiQT09) ([full details below](#Connection-Details))
- **Date:** March 10, 2021 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada) ([Calendar/ICS](https://eclipse.zoom.us/meeting/uJAodO-sqDstovAF50NQR9k2f8kNjAOvEg/ics?icsToken=98tyKuysqzgsHtKVt1z9c6ktOcH-b9_yln5Yi4UIzDHUMXlYMAWuPcxIE51pNd-B))
1. Welcome and sign yourself in
3. Actions from last meeting
4. CDT 10.2 release progress
9. Any other business?
- **Contact:** <email@example.com>
- **Reference:** [Last month meeting](https://hackmd.io/@jonahgraham/cdt-call-feb-3-2021)
## Connection Details
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 545 364 607
Dial by your location find your local number: https://eclipse.zoom.us/u/acMY3kyoJW
## Actions from last meeting details
- Fix meeting links on https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/calls **DONE**
- Change meeting time **DONE**
- Announce change of standalone release intentions **DONE**
- Welcome to the new attendees!
- 10.2 release is on track
- Jeff observed bad initial behaviour in RC1 with the indexer not firing. Jonah could not reproduce during the call. **Action (Jeff):** to try to reproduce, and if there is a problem report back so that we can respin CDT RC2 before it means having to respin all of SimRel/EPP. The deadline would be this afternoon.
- Look at build automatically in C/C++ EPP
- Not clear in the meeting if anyone really knew if it actually did anything
- Except that the build automatically on means that right-click on single C files does not have the "build selected file" / "clean selected file"
- The alternative approach was to identify if "build selected file" / "clean selected file" could be turned on all the time. But that led to a longer discussion that build selected file uses the internal builder, which does not always do the same thing as building an individual file with the external builder.
- e.g. Embed CPP has `org.eclipse.core.resources/description.autobuilding=false` in `packages/org.eclipse.epp.package.embedcpp/plugin_customization.ini` **Action (Jonah - DONE):** Raise a bug to make CPP EPP consistent [Bug 571849 Created](https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=571849)
- Lots of discussion on the impact of [Bug 571458](https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=571458)
- Overall this change means that some builders that used to run in "all" builds may no longer run
- The benefit of the fix of not missing build errors far outweighs not running non-CDT builders
- **Action (Jonah):** Add entry to N&N for [Bug 571458](https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=571458) to make it explicit that only C builders are now invoked.
- **Action (Anton):** Try out the new headless builder to see if there are any impacts on this change that need resolving
- Project Explorer discussion.
- Long discussion about how Navigator/Project Explorer/C/C++ Project Views works.
- Instigated by desire to turn off source folders as top level elements
- (After the meeting) This can be turned off today with simple check box (Preferences -> C/C++ -> Appearance -> Show source roots at top of project): !(https://i.imgur.com/3MXXn3Y.png)
- Is RCPTT still active?
- No answer available in this call. Encouraged to reach out to technology-pmc or emo @ eclipse.org if bugs/mails direct to RCPTT continue to not be responded to.
### Next Meeting
[Apr 14 at 11am (Ottawa, Canada time)](https://hackmd.io/@jonahgraham/cdt-call-apr-14-2021)