# Director Byun Seong-hwan emphasized ‘growth’ rather than ‘grades’… “Our soccer in the World Cup” # Convocation training begins in Paju ahead of the Indonesian FIFA U-17 World Cup I take responsibility for the results... It is more important how many people will be promoted to the national team A later. “I take responsibility for the results. **[카지노사이트탑](https://www.casinositetop.com)** I will maintain the current level of soccer for the growth of the players." Byun Seong-hwan, coach of the Korean U-17 men's national soccer team, declared that he would stick to the aggressive 'build-up soccer' he has played so far even on the World Cup stage. On the 30th, 21 people cheered for Byun Seong-hwan at the Paju national soccer team training center (NFC) in Gyeonggi Province. The ‘Little Taegeuk Warriors’ have been summoned to prepare for the final warm-up ahead of the 2023 FIFA U-17 World Cup, which will be held in Indonesia from the 10th of next month to the 2nd of December. In Korean soccer, where the stake in the national team is very high, the performance of national teams by age group is usually judged based on the criteria of 'victory supremacy'. This is why the Korean national team generally focuses on ‘practical soccer’ even in international age-group competitions, which are also a ‘place of learning.’ However, it seems that director [Byun Seong-hwan](https://casinositetop.notion.site/casinositetop/KT-Park-Young-hyun-Who-is-About-to-Become-a-PO-7803455e2afb4d7cace5bcb706912e2d) is trying something a little different. Coach Byun Seong-hwan prefers a soccer style in which attacks are developed step by step from the back, just as former A team coach Paulo Bento did. He plans to compete with world-class players on the World Cup stage by playing aggressive, non-squandering soccer. Coach Byun, who met with reporters prior to the first training that day, said, “Of course I will play my soccer,” and added, “I think the direction our team wants to go and the style of play have been fully recognized through the Asian Cup. “Even in the World Cup, no matter what opponent we face, we will play according to our style,” he said. He then emphasized, “We will play to the best of our abilities, both against the United States and against France, while maintaining our own style. ” Cheers continued to play aggressive soccer in the U-17 Four Nations Friendly Tournament held in Marbella, Spain from the 11th to the 17th, but ended up with only 1 draw and 2 losses against strong teams such as England, Morocco, and Belgium. He scored and even scored multiple goals against Morocco (2-3 loss) and Belgium (3-3 draw), but was unable to win. The ball was often taken away during build-up. Still, Coach Byun Seong-hwan's football philosophy did not change. Director Byun Seong-hwan said, “Children clearly grow through the process of making mistakes. I hope our players will grow up and have the ability to compete with their 19-year-old brothers. They should be selected as representatives for the Olympics and [Asian Games](https://www.pinterest.co.kr/pin/1015772890940754476). Furthermore, he emphasized, “What is more important is how many people can be selected for national team A.” Of course, grades are also a value that should not be overlooked. Korea has never advanced beyond the quarterfinals in this tournament. The best performance was reaching the quarterfinals in the 1987, 2009, and 2019 competitions. When first asked about the 'target score', coach Byun Seong-hwan answered with the intention of 'we will face the strong players in our own style'. When asked the same question again, he said, "I understand that the best score is the quarterfinals. I will try to go beyond that." Director Byun Seong-hwan, who said he had created a team that was 90% of the desired level, expressed confidence, saying, "We will fill in the remaining 10% of details. You can think of it as the stage of rehearsing the plan we are planning." If they pass the group stage, there is a possibility that they will face Japan in the round of 16. Byun Seong-Hwan has painful memories of losing 0-3 to Japan in the [U-17 Asian Cup](https://blog.libero.it/wp/casinositewiki/2024/01/07/hong-myeong-protection-ulsan-the-first-k-league-1-team/) final last July, with one player being sent off in the first half. Coach Byun Seong-hwan said, "I thought if things went well (in the group stage), we could get revenge in the round of 16," and "We are making up for what we lacked well. With good performance, we will be smiling when the final whistle blows." “I want to direct,” he said. Korea is in Group E of the group stage and will face the United States (12th), France (15th), and Burkina Faso (18th) in turn. In the group stage, 24 teams will be divided into 6 groups of 4 teams each. The top two countries in each group and the four best-performing countries in the third place in each group will play a round of 16 tournament to determine the winner.