# 2022–02-02 NumPy Community Meeting
Note: we now alternate between [triage meetings](https://hackmd.io/68i_JvOYQfy9ERiHgXMPvg) and community meetings.
- Time: 6:00 pm UTC
- Join via Zoom at https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/762261535 (or [dial-in](https://berkeley.zoom.us/u/aC3ENhycM))
- [Previous community meetings](https://github.com/numpy/archive/tree/master/status_meetings)
- [Previous triage meetings](https://github.com/numpy/archive/tree/master/triage_meetings)
- [Documentation team meetings](https://hackmd.io/oB_boakvRqKR-_2jRV-Qjg)
## Follow-up from last meeting / discussions
* Moving to cibuildwheel (anything left to discuss here?)
* statsmodel uses this now, so this can be stolen (only the deploy step is left to be done!)
* Perhaps the [skimage workflow](https://github.com/scikit-image/scikit-image/blob/main/.github/workflows/wheel_tests_and_release.yml) is another useful reference
* [Modify/Revert changes to unique NaN handling?](https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/20326)
- For now pushed off to 1.23, needs a PRs that could still be backported 1.22.x
* Saved replies on GitHub for all maintainers to refer to.
Link to the wiki:
* Better docs on filing issues: https://github.com/numpy/numpy.org/issues/72
Case study: https://github.com/OctoPrint/OctoPrint/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md
* Reducing the number of open issues and PRs
* Dipping the toes: What are the thoughts on attacking value-based casting "soon"?
* Dispute was submitted for the CVEs
* New loadtxt review discussion
* Skip all the error paths that current fail in PyPy to make CI pass (the next PyPy release will not have this problem.)
* Subscribe to the NumPy YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCguIL9NZ7ybWK5WQ53qbHng
- Ganesh's presentation for the Newcomers Hour has been posted: https://youtu.be/VXxa3G4BtEc
- There is also some new channel custsomization (open for comments)
- Add a link to numpy.org to the NumPy YouTube channel
* numpydoc could use a release
- Makes sense, hopefully Eric Larson will take this (and Jarrod may help).
* Weighted quantiles inclusion in NumPy and [PRs](https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/8935)
- Invite Aoun Abel to the triage meeting to see if we can push it forward (and what is necessary exactly)
* 1.22.2 there are some issues, but there is probably no big urge.
* There was some interest in a Unit DType but it petered out a bit because the prototype was not faster than astropy.Quantile. Sebastian still wants to look into a better/more realistic protoype.
* Data Umbrella LatAm/Africa sprint 2022
* Important dates:
June 18, 2022: Pre-sprint session (1 hour)
June 25, 2022: Day of Sprint (4 hours)
July 9, 2022: Post-sprint follow-up (1 hour)
* Call for contributions:
In preparation for the sprint, we will need help with mainly administrative tasks, e.g., answering questions on Discord before and after the sprint, surveys, social media, and more.
Spanish, Portuguese, and French speakers, we especially need you here!
The work begins in late April 2022. Contact Inessa (via email or Slack) if you would like to help.
Please remember to archive this file and commit it to github.com/numpy/archive