tags: seminar series
title: Developing and distributing in-house R-packages
- **Video connection details:**
- Zoom ID: COMING SOON
- Zoom password: COMING SOON
- Zoom invite link: COMING SOON
- **Date and time**: 2022-01-20, 13-14 CET [convert to your timezone](https://arewemeetingyet.com/Stockholm/2022-01-20/13:00)
- **This page:** https://hackmd.io/6XrmG5mTSpK5AXsLUa0kPg
# Developing and distributing in-house R-packages
## Ice breaker question
## About the series
This is an event in the Nordic RSE seminar series.
* Reminder about starting recording
* Find out about future events:
* Check https://nordic-rse.org/events/seminar-series/.
* Previous seminar talks videos available at [Youtube channel](https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8OyVrmJEuT2lrH7zXoBrhQ)
* Follow [@nordic_rse](https://twitter.com/nordic_rse) on Twitter for announcements
* Join the [Nordic RSE stream](https://coderefinery.zulipchat.com/#narrow/stream/213720-nordic-rse) of the CodeRefinery chat
* Suggest speakers:
* on the [Nordic RSE stream](https://coderefinery.zulipchat.com/#narrow/stream/213720-nordic-rse)
* by creating an issue on the [Nordic RSE website repository](https://github.com/nordic-rse/nordic-rse.github.io/issues)
## About the Nordic RSE
* Represents Research Software Engineers in the Nordics.
* Check out [nordic-rse.org](https://nordic-rse.org/) for other activities.
* Registereed as an association in Fall 2021.
* To become a member, fill in the [membership form](https://forms.gle/qCVVRGXPi3Hq7inW6).
## Speaker: Athanasia Monika Mowinckel
Athanasia Monika Mowinckel is a cognitive neuroscientist based in Oslo, Norway, and works at the Center for Lifespan Changes in Brain and Cognition. She's passionate about cognitive neuroscience, using R and teaching the world the wonders of R. Doing all she can to improve gender diversity and equity in the R-community though R-Ladies Oslo and on the R-Ladies Global Team.
R is mainly a statistical programming language than has been around for more than 20 years. In recent years, it has seen a large resurge in popularity, especially amongst researchers, for its powerful statistical backbone and open source practice. But R can be unfamiliar and intimidating for researchers used to a purely GUI based statistical tool. This talk will center around how I have developed in-house R tools to clean and handle in-house data, and how I have distributed these to work on multiple platforms.
## Ask your questions here
- is this a question?
- yes, and this is an answer