1. <span class="text-nowrap"><i class="fa fa-lock fa-fw"></i>
# Spring 2022 Tech Fellow Training
## I. Overview
The Tech Fellow training is designed to help all Tech Fellows, new and returning, grow their skills to successfully lead students on their campus. Every Tech Fellow brings different unique skills and talents to the role, and it's our honor to get to learn from each and every member of our community. Our goal over the course of training is to support the growth of all Tech Fellows at all levels of experience with the leadership skills required to run a great course.
### Training Goals
The goals of Tech Fellow training are numerous, and will be integrated throughout training. The training in each of these areas will be differentiated for returning and new Tech Fellows.
* **Mission & Values:** Collectively explore CodePath's Mission & Values, and learn best-practices for creating the inclusive environments that are the cornerstones of keeping our promises to students.
* **Facilitation:** Model and explain facilitation best-practices, and give Tech Fellows hands-on opportunities to practice. For returning Tech Fellows, facilitate reflection & growth to deepen facilitation skills.
* **Technical Skills & Curriculum Familiarity:** Ensure all Tech Fellows have the hands-on experience with curricular materials to feel confident coaching students through the assignments and debugging with them. For returning Tech Fellows, build debugging skills and advanced topics knowledge.
* **Course Administration & Operations:** Ensure all Tech Fellows have access to and familiarity with all of the tools, course policies, and systems needed to run the course.
* **Student Enrollment & Community Building:** Equip Tech Fellows with strategies and tools to facilitate strong student enrollment and community-building with their campus community.
## II. Training Schedule
The below schedule applies to all Tech Fellows. Please note, however, that Tech Fellows who have never been students in our courses may have additional required check-ins with the CodePath staff to ensure they are supported in learning the technical content.
| | Date | Time (PST) | Time (EST) | Session Title| New TFs | Returning TFs |
|- |---- | ---- |---- |---- |---- |---- |
|0|Saturday, November 6 |12:30 - 3:00pm|3:30 - 6:00pm|Week 0: Kickoff: Intro, Tech Fellow Role Overview, Student Recruitment|✅|✅|
|1|Saturday, November 13 |12:30 - 3:00pm|3:30 - 6:00pm|Week 1: CodePath Educational Core Values & Tech Review|✅|optional|
|2|Saturday, November 20 |12:30 - 3:00pm|3:30 - 6:00pm|Week 2: Engaging Students & Tech Review|✅|optional|
|3|Saturday, December 4 |12:30 - 3:00pm|3:30 - 6:00pm|Week 3: Building Community & Creating Inclusive Spaces & Tech Review|✅|optional|
|4|Saturday, December 11 |12:30 - 3:00pm|3:30 - 6:00pm|Week 4: Dashboard, logistic and tools overview & Tech Review|✅|optional|
|5|Saturday, December 18 |12:30 - 3:00pm|3:30 - 6:00pm|Week 5: The CodePath Career Center & Tech Review|✅|optional|
|6|Saturday, January 8, 2022 |12:30 - 3:00pm|3:30 - 6:00pm|Week 6: Technical Review|✅|✅|
## III. Training Policies
1. In order to ensure preparedness to volunteer with the program, Tech Fellows are **required to attend** all sessions marked with a ✅ above. If you have an unavoidable conflict with any of the dates, reach out to email@example.com directly to request an excused absence. Tech Fellows are permitted **no more than 2 excused absences** during training, and must make up any missed sessions by watching the session video and writing a short reflection. Missing training sessions unexcused, or missing more than two excused training sessions may affect a Tech Fellow's eligibility to volunteer.
2. New Tech Fellows are **required to submit all assignments** associated with the training course according to the deadlines outlined in the training plan (details will be shared when Tech Fellows are admitted to the program). New Tech Fellows who were students in the course may submit the assignments they completed as a student to fulfill these requirements.
<span class="text-nowrap"><i class="fa fa-lock fa-fw"></i>