# Anthillhacks 2020 - 2021
Anthillhacks is planned as a series of online sessions that bring juxtaposing thoughts on a topic of collective interest with an intent to foresee subsequent offline activities.
Grounded in community and technology, it explores the intersection of crafts, gender, forms of *developement*.
Our first session is on CRAFT
Dec 30th, Wed at 12:30PM IST.
**Atul Johri**, Design-Craft interfaces
**Annapurna Garimella**, Interlocutor
gathering (*pre/post meets*): http://j.mp/wonderant
channel (*during sessions*): http://j.mp/cordants
gitbook/github (*archives/details*): https://open.janastu.org/activity/anthill
(making a list of generally interesting topics for COWmoo [MOO - moo-sound-of-cow object oriented])
People, places, activities
people: yatharth, manoj, sanketh, upasana, shafali, mani, bhanu, shalini, arun, micah, geeta, murali, girish, ram of chiguru, ram of agnii, jairam, annapurna, leo-team, dipti (food), kavu (cookies), milli-team, sheshatree, aishwarya, ramya+ajay, bhanu+arish+sreekanth, harshita, probir, emery, gerben, dweb, shreyas+LLN, padmini, uma-belgaum, cynthia+apc, nico+LR, niranjan (games), neetu mars.college, shilpa (gender+local), millets+, babita (quicksand), ranjani (keystone), jon, mahua moodymo
places: online, kr road, ragigudda, devarayanadurga, iruway,
*Dec 30: crafts yatharth (maker craftfuture) and atul johri (traditional craftfuture)
*yatharth and his thesis - food+growing+printing
*shafali (mxpr) vs pradymna (gig platform)
*EV online session with offline workshops
*Solar energy online with offline workshops
*Antenna online with offline workshops
*Pi for rural online classes and "gig" empowerment
*ASPi, cowpi, issues,..
**A Weekend day workshop format?**
## COWdungs - dungens related to COWpi
* Webinar Pi. COWradio. COWcamera. Community ears, eyes, voices. Where are the listeners.
* Peripheral makings of the Pi for online classes.
* Pi4 USB3 & 2.4Ghz issue https://www.indilib.org/component/community/?Itemid=1
## COWmesh - antennas and pole clamps/mounts
## CNX sessions - a proposal
We hope to bring discussions related to these and more:
1. Frugal Technologies
2. Gender Equity and Indigenous Lives
3. Digital Storytelling Networks
*Frugal Technologies* will involve sessions and workshops on Antenna Design, LibreRouter, Inclusive and participatory processes, Human scale machines, Learning and sharing, Community Radio and Webinar devices. A significant component of the session will be about structured discussions on how we communicate on the long term effects of frugal technologies for our communities.
*Gender equity and Indigenous lives* will be discussions that critically reflect on the role of technology in transfusing a culture of change by recognition of unseen communities and cultures who oil our lamps and lighten our souls.
*Digital Storytelling* workshops are a primer for holistically including diversity of choatic spaces to help nuture learning and caring. Technology DIY training, theater and performance, documentation and archives are seen as enjoyable activities not only for storytelling skills but as life skills.
Each of these can be 3 hours sessions. We plan to do an open call for each of these to enhance our narratives by including others working on these themes.
notes on Anthillhacks 2020
Will be spread over 2 months instead of the typical 2 weeks at a location. We use the lockdown as an opportunity to welcome people to participate while this time opening the event to wander into new spaces and homes from around the world.
* Antenna design to accompany Librerouter and other mesh networking. eg., [antenna physics](http://amazon.com/gp/product/B01CQ07E46/)
* CNX is November 20 to Dec 4th
* CNX 2019 overlapped programs with anthillhacks.in 2019
* Frugal **Technologies**
* Frugal: low cost / local
* Frugal: low learning curve
* Frugal: Infrastructure wise
* Frugal: Optimization and commons
* Frugal: Ownership
* Frugal: Inclusive - not demanding skill training
* Frugal: Human scale machines
* Frugal: Natural resources wise
* Frugal: Indigineously different
* Frugal: Relatively lower in terms of order of magnitude
* Frugal: not simple. thoughtful
* Frugal: life cycle wise
* Frugal: critical reflection
* Frugal: physical
* Frugal: health and nutrition
* Frugal: learning and education
* Frugal: art and crafts
* Frugal: gentle. feminine.
* Frugal: for all ages. assistive.
* Frugal: playfully unchain, protect, free (protest with a C)
* r3c is December 27-30, 2020
* Dinesh attended CCCamp2019 on the way back from dwebcamp 2019
* CCC is online only for the first time and Anthillhacks hopes to offer the anthill.
* Digital Storytelling
* Ragigudda https://hackmd.io/@alemaree/H1KrNkrNv