# Computational Law - MIT Legal Forum Online Breakout Group
Notes for November 16th, 2017
* Session Description: http://sched.co/Czm8
* Session Hangout YouTube Broadcast Page: http://youtu.be/E-nWfw606ck
## MIT Computational Law Policy Pilot
* Jan. 15 or 16: CHARRETTE (Big Picture)
* Jan. 16-18: WORKSHOP (Hands-on, project-oriented)
* Spring Semester: COURSE (Project-oriented)
* Data standards
* Basic model
* Public information and engagement strategy
* Lessons Learned
* <strong>STARTING POINT:</strong>Let's stick with Christoph's plan to start with and note ideas to change
* <strong>JAN CHARRETTE:</strong>Have a design charrette among principals (us and Christoph and Sandy of MIT and Urs of Harvard Law and maybe Roland of Stanford if they are in too, etc) at/around time of Computational Law course second Jan at MIT Media Lab. (<a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nlitOYn-h6V4f5w2AOUriKsHLd_V0vAderqkNWy3OKQ/edit">PLANNING DOC</a>)
* <strong>PARTNERS/SPONSORS:</strong>Identify good partners and collaborators (see in-line notes from Marci's doc below for remainder of notes)
* <strong>DATA STANDARDS:</strong>We need to think through data standards that may have good applicability for our initial test and ALSO for a much larger cohort of cities to adopt/adapt (or invent as needed) down the road. Maybe common / widespread use among cities or stakeholders is a criteria for use in our test?
* <strong>GET PERSONAL DATA RIGHT:</strong>We need to get personal data sharing and ownership/control really really done right for this project. It is a challenge... an opportunity... and priviledge!!
## Next Steps:
* <strong>CITY SELCTION:</strong> Develop options for identifying and selecting cities (see chicken and egg insight below) to be determined as part of agenda making for design session. This could be a special insert for reading before participation in the session by the principals. (**Marci** to develop options as part of working with Kris and Dazza – <em>see <a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nlitOYn-h6V4f5w2AOUriKsHLd_V0vAderqkNWy3OKQ/edit"></a>NOTES</a> </em>)
* <strong>DIGITAL ID:</strong> Evaluate readiness/value and fit of blockchain based ID for individuals (Sovrin? other?) for a city test? (**Christian** to take a look and collaborate with Dazza and report back to group on Nov 30)
* <strong>JAN MTG PLAN:</strong> Dev a curated/design session approach for Jan with principals (**Kris** to work with Marci to come up with ideas and report back to group on Nov 30)
* <strong>OUTREACH:</strong> **Dazza** to invite a "Working Group" of all people involved in MIT Legal Forum and others who are good fits as part of next-steps email to the big list. We can seek feedback and help from this broader community.
* **Marci to invite** Offline working session to be scheduled by Marci and report-backs on Dev 7th more formal Steering Cmt. Invite all on call Nov 16 plus Tony L and Christoph or team designee.
* NEXT BIG GROUP Steering Mtg is Dev 7th at 5:30 / 2:30
## CHARRETTE PLANNING
## CITY SELECTION