owned this note
owned this note
Linked with GitHub
# papad related scrap
* re-narration is an attempt to bridge digital divide between grass root rural culture and urban culture, Where one can voice their views on their community related topics, preserve and revive the knowledge for next geneartion, be aware of social order and also share, learn and explore from other communities views on different subject like art, culture, education, technology, tradition for health and farming, or traditional way of being and cultural transmission or culture re-construction (adopt good tradition from other cultures) and evolve beyond limited world views. This will aso result in reduced conflicts between communities and tolerating other culure which will increase national unity. Recently it also has been identified as healing process as you hear other's true story and identify their pain, sorrow and live with it without hatred. Easy access of information will increase knoweledge of awareness and nurturing creative solutions to problems, encouraging promotion of culture economically and socially.
1. Bookmark Audio Fragments,
While chrome has released a new feature where users can highlight some text in the browser and bookmark, share with others. We wanted to see what something similar if done for audio would mean. so we made [this browser addon ](https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bookmark-audio-fragment/) that replaces the default audio player of firefox (can be built for chrome) browser with enhanced UI to select a part of audio and book mark or share the link with others. Everyone with the browser extension should see it like the below screenshot.
The Highlighted section is a bookmark that is currently playing and, The Yellow box under the player with arrows pointing is another bookmark. All of this is saved in the browser, and not on any central server.
2. outcome of evaluating existing applications, ui/ux.
below annotations made using the timeliner app, to test usability.
Overall features allows to add annotations to audio fragments, like seen below each bubble represents and annotation you see below,
Here you can see the annotation editor below, with the start time and end time values, which represents the fragment of the audio source. Also the bubbles can be configured to look like rectangles.
More examples to show all annotations.
## Important Links
* google sheet with the survey data and annotations. bit.ly/papad-annos
* Papad demo for w4p instance at papad.test.openrun.net
### Other links
* not sure if this is helpful
* devalt mediamaker slides https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1fqLEfK4hSEzDTFhpkA1SEmsQUo7G8PUWFCXKq8CWUeo/edit?usp=drivesdk
* updating memories slides https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1XAVLkGar0GCkzyUuiHOZCFIeksoTv5sbYBV7FiepzUg/edit?usp=drivesdk
* tools, experiments, deployments (over the years - a review attempt from 2019) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wS9JoWcTcaRIyvIM3WzV886ZPy7pgpPZ3RqxJON9hgc/
* On Archiving and Annotating Community Media (2018) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CeSLsonqNMcGtRuCyf4nvJp2Sr7u4jGfkljzXXiU98w/
* Found this https://www.digital-democracy.org/blog/renarration-and-accessibility-with-t-b-dinesh/