# Welcome to the NumPy sprint
### Some resources:
The NumPy github repo https://github.com/numpy/numpy/
Map names to the core contributor's nicknames, some even have pictures
Sprint video on Zoom: https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/94953318111?pwd=UEtFUGlWSy9DV0Q2TDdQdEhYN0Y1UT09 password: 372349
> Not used probably: Sprint video on Google Meet http://meet.google.com/wjx-wpos-ndd
### How will this work?
From 9:00 CDT Saturday July 11 until 18:00 Sunday July 12, some core contributors will be hanging out on the video link above. We will also be on in the SciPy 2020 Slack workspace https://join.slack.com/t/scipy2020/shared_invite/zt-ezk89wcm-cddZCqQw1BoxEBCDMFVojw on the sprints channel, and on this document (or if it gets too crowded on ones linked below).
So spend some of your weekend with us, drop by to say hi or to vent about some issue you want to work on. If there is no-one in the crowdcast room, come back in a bit, maybe we just stepped out.
Suggest here your favorite bug or dark corner of NumPy that you think deserves to have the cobwebs swept away.
- Doubts/Queries/Topics which you wish should be included in Explanations section of NumPy Documentation (Mrinal)
- submit your queries/Topics/Doubts here https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/16801
- Website: open PRs, translations (Ralf)
- Some functions that could use an "Examples" section in their docstring:
- [x] `corrcoef` lastephey will get started
- [x] `random.default_rng` (good way to check out new random number API) (lastephey)
- [ ] `fft.rfft2` and `fft.irfft2` (Rohit)
- [Issues labeled for the sprint](https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22NumPy+Sprint%22)
- https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22good+first+issue%22 (if it seems unclear, check with us. Sometimes easy issues turn out not easy)
- Help with getting started
- If you know about it Sebastian (seberg) would be interested in trying BigQuery, or similar to search for NumPy C-API usage.
### Getting started:
* Setting up git a fork to modify NumPy: https://numpy.org/devdocs/dev/gitwash/index.html#using-git
* General development guidelines: https://numpy.org/devdocs/dev/development_environment.html
### Issues for sprinting
A [new label](https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22NumPy+Sprint%22) has been added to the issue tracker to highlight issues that may be of interest during the sprint. Many (but not all) of the issues may be good candidates for trying to resolve them during the sprint.
If you know what hours you will be joining, please put them in
* mattip (actually located in Israel) Sat 14:00 CST - 17:00 CST, Sun 1:00am CST - 14:00 CST (with some breaks)
* seberg Most of Saturday from the start to early evening CST depending on activity. Probably large parts of Sunday as well, depending on activity.
* rossbar planning for 12:00 - 16:00 CST both Sat. & Sun., but can be flexible if other timeslots are preferable.
* rgommers: Sat noon-6pm CST, Sun 10am-4pm CEST
* anirudh2290: Sat 12:00 - 16:00 CST sat and likely sunday too.
* InessaPawson: Sat 15:00 - 21:00 CST, Sun 16:00 - 21:00 CST (there is some flexibility)
* lastephey: most of Saturday (brand new)