# WhalerTalk Agenda -- August 28, 2020
Time: 8am-9am on Fridays (Pacific Time)
Location: [WhalerDAO Discord](https://discord.gg/CHxxasF)
Add things to the agenda if you want 👇
1. Intro & Mingling (15 min)
2. Real talk (45 min)
1. Influencing DeFi
* [Posted about WhalerDAO on yEarn forum](https://gov.yearn.finance/t/request-for-comments-use-defi-to-save-the-world/3830)
* Response is not good
* 1% to Gitcoin is good enough, no need for more donations
* Charities are corrupt
* Everyone's fucking over the world so why shouldn't we (wow)
* Slow down and wait till yEarn is big
* People should decide what to donate to by themselves
* Somewhat supportive
* Under 5% to charities is okay
* Charity campaigns centered around yVaults
* Donation is good, but where to donate to is a political issue. Need to solve this first.
* CryptoTwitter seems to like it though
* Need to offer clear incentives for donation. Need to be profitable to donate.
* Analogous to lotteries that donate to charity
* Should have a clear answer to "how is donation distributed". Try to build an apolitical system (like Gitcoin)
* Pivot to convincing MetaCartel Ventures & the LAO to ask DeFi protocols who get funding from them to sign a windfall clause
* Pivot to building our own charitable DeFi protocol (DAM)
* Faith in humanity = lost LOL
* Doesn't seem like Pokemol is deployed on IDChain
* Seems to require the Graph node to deploy DAOHaus & Pokemol for IDChain
* Not sure what the next steps are
* Try and deploy stuff on IDChain?
* xDAI has Pokemol & DAOHaus deployed
* Go crazy with Mainnet?
* LexDAO integrated EIP-1167 into Mystic (fork of Moloch) which makes deployment super cheap
* Gas price seems to be down so why not?
* What it is: Yam, except better
* Rebases do not change everyone's account balances
* During positive rebase (price > $1), new DAM is minted to the reserve and sold on Uniswap for yCRV.
* 10% goes to grant DAO which gives out money for charity
* 10% goes to a Synthetix rewards pool for incentivizing DAM liquidity providers on Uniswap
* 80% stays as reserve
* We can implement the Windfall clause here
* No negative rebase, can burn DAM to get yCRV from reserve
* Price is determined by a decreasing bonding curve
* Lower DAM supply <=> Higher burn reward
* Has a cooldown after 25% supply is burned
* Incentivizes speculation & waiting to be the last DAM holder to burn at high price, which drives the price up and gets more yCRV into the reserve. Spiral of life.
* For the grant DAO we could try out Conviction Voting (?)
* 1Hive has [an implementation on Aragon](https://github.com/1Hive/conviction-voting-app/) but it's unaudited
* Fork whatever Aragon is using for the CV trial? [link](https://aragon.org/blog/introducing-the-conviction-funding-pilot)
* Can be used as our first experiment of using DeFi for funding charity
* Don't worry I got the domain name LOL
* GitHub repo (still under active development): [here](https://github.com/WhalerDAO/dam-contracts)