# Episode 063 : Local Development with Tilt
- Hosted by @jbeda
- Recording date: 20190201
<!--- Thumbnailed embed of the video, n8Xo_ghCIOSY is the video id from the youtube url --->
" target="_blank"><img src="http://img.youtube.com/vi/A_YV98HhLrk/hqdefault.jpg" width="480" height="360" border="10" /></a>
## Week in Review
Things from around the kubernetes community:
- New [CNCF TOC elected](https://www.cncf.io/blog/2019/01/29/new-year-new-toc/)
- Friend-of-the-show Alex Ellis has a talk about [Serverless Beyond the Hype](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOpYYYRuDQ0)
- Speaking of friends, Kubernetes Cofounder Brendan Burns has a talk about [Democratizing Distributed Systems](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20BIsu1qiS0)
- [A Kubernetes Developer Workflow for MacOS](https://medium.com/@mo_keefe/a-kubernetes-development-workflow-for-macos-8c41669a4518) <-- good resources here, especially if you're getting started
- [k8s 1.14](https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/kubernetes-dev/kGylIFDZ33Y) is now in enhancements freeze.
- Check out the details on the KEP Process [here](https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/)
- 1.13 Point releases [still coming too](https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/kubernetes-dev/Mj1KjnVuatY)
- [Can Kubernetes Keep a Secret](https://blog.solutotlv.com/can-kubernetes-keep-a-secret/)
- Update from a discussion from last week, Henning Jacobs is on Google's Kubernetes podcast talking more about [Kubernetes Failure stories](https://kubernetespodcast.com/episode/038-kubernetes-failure-stories/)
- The [Kubernetes Documentation](https://kubernetes.io/docs/home/) has a new look. Just updated last week.
## Show Notes
Timestamp ## (actual time, not timestamp)
[00:00] Intro and news!
[16:11] Kubernetes Cluster is running, let's have a look.
[16:16] When to deploy to cluster or to minikube
[16:23] Inside baseball on borgconfig language (BCL)
[16:37] CPU is doing stuff, things are building, checking out the UI
[16:38] While that's building let's dig into docs, concepts, and similarities to other tools
[16:42] We have a heartbeat on doggos!
[16:44] On Tiller and HelmTemplate
## Reference Links
- [Tilt repo](https://github.com/windmilleng/tilt)
- [Serventes](https://github.com/windmilleng/servantes) sample app
- [Windmill blog](https://medium.com/windmill-engineering)