# August 31st 2021
# Cloud Custodian (C7n) Community Meeting Minutes
###### tags: `Meeting`
- **Meeting URL:** [meet.google.com/mii-evqh-esh](meet.google.com/mii-evqh-esh)
- **Date:** August 31st, 2021 (2:00 PM (ET) / 11:00 PM (PT) / 6PM (UTC))
- **[Timezone Converter (Click me)](https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20210629T180000&p1=tz_et&p2=tz_pt&p3=22&p4=240&p5=136&p6=176&p7=37&p8=248)**
- **Host:** Jorge Castro
- - **Meeting Contact:** Jorge: <email@example.com>
- **Video Link:**
- **Board**: [Community Board](https://github.com/cloud-custodian/community/projects/1)
## Agenda Items
- Introductions and Announcements [@castrojo]`5m`
- Cool c7n talk, AWS reinforce keynote, how [HBO Max uses Cloud Custodian](https://youtu.be/H3LTjVWSQ6g?t=2657)
- Agenda Items `15m`
- Regular weekly doc sprints sessions [@liz-acosta]
- GitHub forms are coming, pr inflight:
- [Check out the forms here!](https://github.com/ajkerrigan/cloud-custodian/issues/new/choose)
- Proposal for `@cloud-custodian/docs` for PR/issue review for docs
- Jorge to file an issue, me, liz, AJ.
- Kapil: Server side filters without having to spelunk to find them.
- Resource and source specific
- If anyone has an idea on how to approach this it'd be useful. How do we generate reference material for it? Still an open question.
- Pull Request Party `15m`
- Spare/Extra time will be dedicated to PR reviews. (See below)
- Governance as Code Day is coming!
- [Register now](https://hopin.com/events/governance-as-code-day-with-cloud-custodian-hosted-by-stacklet) to attend
- [SUBMIT A CFP](https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd1BFr6HJZ2eT8V3pKLL0o6d4NPFrl9tBJ2Lbnipp87K058Cw/viewform)
- :new: Deadline for talk submissions is now September 8th
- :new: Schedule to be posted September 10th! (We're starting at 9am Pacific Time!)
- **Reminder: You do not need to be registered to KubeCon to attend!**
- We'll go virtual if there are changes to KubeCon's schedule
- Upcoming Cloud Custodian Days (Resuming in Novermber!)
- [Workshop (for beginners)](https://app.livestorm.co/stacklet-io/cloud-custodian-101-workshop?type=detailed)
- Contributor Guide [@liz-acosta]
- Should we make a video for local dev environment?
- Priority backlog for the cloud providers. [@kapilt]
- Enhancements/Feature Process [@kapilt]
- Rename master->main in github [@kapilt]
- GitHub how supports this, we can try this now.
- afaict it's low risk, I'll keep investigating.
- No progress this week, kapil will sanity check it this week if he can.
- Make-gitter-easier [@castrojo]
- More to report in the future.
- Todd: drone.io just recently switched from gitter to slack and introduced a proposal github repo for this same problem set: https://github.com/drone/proposal
- Recommend [pipx](https://pypa.github.io/pipx/) for non-contributor installs? [@ajkerrigan]
- Do we [support brew](https://formulae.brew.sh/formula/c7n)?
- Version is old, should we consider updating that?
- Jorge to file an issue, see if there's a volunteer person who's into this.
- Policy Testing ([spec](https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/issues/6407)) [@marcoceppi]
- Soliciting feedback, please check it out and comment on the issue!
:mag: PR/Issue Review
- :new: [Improper paging when invoking EC2:DescribeSnapshots](https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/issues/6873) [AJ]
- :new: [Document support for server-side filters via the query block](https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/issues/6874) [AJ]
:closed_book: Action Items
## Chat Logs
AJ Kerrigan: https://github.com/ajkerrigan/cloud-custodian/issues/new/choose
Kapil Thangavelu: Andy Sonny, doh
Umair Khan: my email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Todd Stansell: back on the enhancement/feature process topic ... drone.io just recently switched from gitter to slack and introduced a proposal github repo for this same problem set... might be worth seeing if we should mimic them ;) https://github.com/drone/proposal
Jorge Castro: https://formulae.brew.sh/formula/c7n
AJ Kerrigan: I think the issue with Slack was some users/contributors had work policies preventing slack use :(
Todd Stansell: yeah, not saying we should move to slack ... they just had the same discussions as us around that and a formal proposal process... :)
AJ Kerrigan: Ah good call
Jorge Castro: https://github.com/cloud-custodian/cloud-custodian/issues/6873
Kapil Thangavelu: Or 6875
Kapil Thangavelu: Pr
Jorge Castro: Thanks todd wrt the slack link, I will go check out that link and see what I can learn!
Liz Acosta: +1 to that