# osquery office hours 2022-07-19
YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-EF4ipoHF8
## Announcements and Highlights since the last meeting
## Any Questions / Issues / PRs people want to discuss?
The intent of this section is to provide a clear time for community members to bring up _anything_.
Broad questions? Bugs? Deployment questions? Blocked PRs?
## Language and documentation on the specs
- PR#7650 - Language around M1 vs. Intel macs - Mo Zhu
- PR#7649 - Language around user context for screenlock table - Mo Zhu
^^ For both of these, I wanted to get to some resolution/alignment on short term vs. long term approach for these.
- osquery-site#189 - Next steps on reviving these icons/keys - Mo Zhu
We had a pretty sprawling discussion of what and how to represent table changes
* Mo is interested in having some accessible to people coming into the project
* seph is opposed to adding boilerplate everywhere that becomes noise
* Conclusion was that it would be really interesting if our table specs and website gained a bullet style list of implementation notes. This feels like a good place to hang real details.
General agreement to do something along these lines assuming Fleet can provide dev resources and community is in agreement with changes.
## Release 5.4.0 Stable
Consensus. Let's do it.
## How do we handle nulls in data
This came from the new `password_policy` table https://github.com/osquery/osquery/issues/7688
May or may not be related https://github.com/osquery/osquery/issues/7420 which is about not passing empty constraints
This came out of `password_policy` table:
`NULL` value for BIGINT type when the column is `index` -- I don't think osquery supports null values.
Filtering when is also weird in this case, especially when the constraint is present but empty, it doesn't seem to be passed to table generation
The larger issue remains -- osquery has inconsistent handling around NULLs and data typing in general. But we're not sure how to solve that yet.
This table should probably just get a `-1` sentinel value. No one's favorite, but it's about the best we can do.
## Look at old PRs
_(If there's time, we've been trying to re-visit old PRs)_
[Reverse Sorted List of PRs](https://github.com/osquery/osquery/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+sort%3Acreated-asc)