EOSC-Life Job offer (EURAXESS)
## Offer description
The Culture and Socio-Ecological Dynamics Reserach Group ([CaSEs](upf.cases.edu)), based at the Department of Humanities of the Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona, is offering a 1-year part-time position (0.6 FTE) within the project *Increasing the FAIRness of Phytolith Data*, funded by [EOSC-LIFE](https://www.eosc-life.eu/).
The project, in collaboration with [Historic England](https://historicengland.org.uk/) and The Milá and Fonatanals Institute of the Spanish National Research Council ([IMF-CSIC](https://www.imf.csic.es/)), aims to establish the first steps towards more open and FAIR data practices within the phytolith reasearch community. The first step of this research involve:
1. The assessment of the level of FAIRness of existing phytolith datasets and practices.
2. The drafting of guidelines in how to improve data sharing for existing and future datasets.
3. The introduction of these recommendations to the phytolith community.
For more information about the overall project, please visit the FAIR phytolith [website](https://open-phytoliths.github.io/FAIR-phytoliths/).
The selected candidate will participate in all aspects of the research, and will be responsible for conducting an assessment of published phytolith datasets from South America to establish the breadth of existing phytolith data (including archaeological, paleoecological and modern botanical studies).
## Applicant profile
The ideal candiate will:
1. Hold a PhD in archaeology, paleoecology or botany with knowledge of phytolith research.
2. Be passionate about open science and FAIR data.
3. Have at least a working knowledge of Spanish as much of the literature to assess will be in this language.
4. Possess good teamworking skills but be comfortable to work independently.
5. Knowledge of collaborative tools, such as GitHub is preferable, but training will be offered if needed.
We are committed to offer equal opportunities and will consider all applications received with the same attention.
## Application procedure
Researchers willing to apply should send their CV and a motivation letter to email@example.com, by Friday June 11th. We expect to contact shortlisted candidates the following week (June 14th to 18th) to arrange for a short virtual interview, which will be held between June 21st and 25th. The successful candidate will be notified before the end of June.
## Job details
The expected start date is August 1st or as soon as possible thereafter. The offer is for one year, at 0.6 FTE (22.5 hours per week or three full days). The gross annual salary (before taxes) will be in the region of 22k €. The researcher will be based in the Department of Humanities, Univeristat Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona), in the Ciutadella Campus. However, we will also consider working virtually from a remote location.