# Veloren meeting minutes 2021-05-23
- Code of conduct
(seems to be still waiting on changes from AngelOnFira)
-- MacOS builds still a blocker
-- cross-compiling shaderc is the major subtask
-- native MacOS CI runner would likely help
-- cross-compiling may not be possible due to Apple SDK legal issues: https://discord.com/channels/449602562165833758/534844039007305729/846090822725271552
- Animations events and outcomes
-- Slipped and James are working on this
- Fix map indicators
-- Seems to be a useful refactoring, I'll ping the author and Pfau about it
- use reqwest in authc and enable trust_dns
-- pinged xmac
-- blocked on security review by Sharp?
- Resolve "Toggle cursor automatically when chat is active"
-- Is an improvement, some issue comments seem to refer to pre-existing bugs?
-- Imbris and Adam are debugging this further
- https://gitlab.com/veloren/veloren/-/issues/998. an be closed ?
-- imbris confirms that the specific behavior in the issue is resolved (and closed the issue)
-- might need followup issues for other aspects of threadpool handling
- https://gitlab.com/veloren/veloren/-/issues/1006 raspi aupport ?
-- issues compiling wasmer on raspi 4
-- imbris found an issue on wasmer's tracker about it
-- we could maybe conditionally disable plugin support on raspi architecture in `Cargo.toml`?
- https://gitlab.com/veloren/veloren/-/issues/1012 @ imvris maybe ? can you take over ?
-- toolchain updates
-- imbris agreed to take over working on this
- can we ask them again ? https://gitlab.com/veloren/veloren/-/issues/1066
-- Pinged James to handle followup (since it's an audio system issue)
## Additional agenda items
### Policy for reviews blocking MRs
For the next weekly meeting: https://discord.com/channels/449602562165833758/449650240350453760/843878973510647838
Start of discussion: https://discord.com/channels/449602562165833758/449650240350453760/843816118371483658
- Slipped proposes that the new policy should be that if an MR is blocked on review for too long, discussing it on a case-by-case basis in the Sunday meetings is the right approach
- I (aweinstock) agree.
- No additional alternative were proposed, no dissent was raised.
### Planning for the release
- What date does the feature freeze start at?
- Which pending MRs are likely to make it, and which are likely to be omitted?
-- https://www.notion.so/General-meeting-Sun-2021-05-09-754ae88b340b450b9362089d95f8301c says that:
"We agreed on June 5th release date. Feature freeze around May 30th."
-- Sam proposes that feature freeze starts the Saturday after the Meats MR merges
-- Farming and WGPU would also be nice-to-have big ticket features that would make 0.10 better
-- Since there should be a week lag between the Sunday meeting deciding we're ready for feature freeze and the start of feature freeze, and we're not yet ready for feature freeze, if we decide next Sunday (the 30th) that feature freeze should start, then feature freeze would start on Sunday the 6th, putting the release on Saturday the 12th
-- Do we want to make an improvement to glider physics a blocker for 0.10 to improve the player retention curve?
-- Possibly more boss reworks before 0.10?
## Leads for next week
Main meeting lead: AngelOnFira?