# WhalerTalk Agenda -- August 21, 2020
Yay to our first community call!
Time: 8am-9am on Fridays (Pacific Time)
Location: [WhalerDAO Discord](https://discord.gg/CHxxasF)
Add things to the agenda if you want 👇
1. Intro to WhalerDAO & Mingling (30 minutes)
1. What is the purpose of WhalerDAO?
* Save the world with DeFi and DAOs
2. What do we do?
* Turn existing DeFi into democratic patrons of charity
* Build our own DeFi protocols
* Build governance analysis tools
* Design better governance systems
* Design frameworks for analyzing governance systems
* Figure out how to effectively convert money into good
4. Where can you learn more?
* [The WhalerDAO Manifesto](https://whalerdao.org/manifesto)
* [The WhalerDAO Blog](https://whalerdao.org/post/)
* [Whaler 101](https://forum.whalerdao.org/t/whaler-101-welcome-to-whalerdao/19/2)
2. RealTalk -- Making PLANS (30 minutes)
1. DAO ops
1. Tentative plan for onchain DAO
* Moloch DAO on IDChain
* Individual applicants need to pledge 100 DAI minimum, organization applicants need to pledge 10k DAI minimum, 50k maximum for all pledges
* Token-permissioned Discord channels?
2. Wanna join us? [Post here!](https://forum.whalerdao.org/t/dao-membership-proposals-thread/18)
* [Windfall clause](https://www.fhi.ox.ac.uk/windfallclause/)
* Post on DeFi governance forums to ask what people think about the DeFi protocol signing the Windfall Clause
* Candidates: [Aave](https://governance.aave.com/), [Balancer](https://forum.balancer.finance/), [Curve](https://discord.gg/9uEHakc), [yEarn](https://gov.yearn.finance/), [Compound](https://www.comp.xyz/), ...
* What it is: Gasless voting platform for governance token holders to signal their opinions on things
* Gauging interest in the Windfall Clause could be its first use case
* Pretty useful for most governance communities IMO
* What it is: Yam, except better
* Rebases do not change everyone's account balances
* During positive rebase (price > $1), new DAM is minted to the reserve and sold on Uniswap for yCRV.
* 10% goes to grant DAO which gives out money for charity (as well as manage system parameters)
* 10% goes to a Synthetix-esque rewards pool for incentivizing DAM liquidity providers on Uniswap
* 80% stays as reserve
* During negative rebase (price < $1), the reserve buys up DAM on Uniswap and burns them
* If the reserve doesn't have enough funds to buy the needed amount of DAM, it would issue DAM bonds allowing people to pay DAM in exchange for a yCRV payment in 1 year, at a favorable rate of course.
* For the grant DAO we could try out Conviction Voting (?)
* 1Hive has [an implementation on Aragon](https://github.com/1Hive/conviction-voting-app/) but it's unaudited
* Can be used as our first experiment of using DeFi for funding charity
* Don't worry I got the domain name LOL
* GitHub repo (still under active development): [here](https://github.com/WhalerDAO/dam-contracts)
* What it is: Analyzer for DeFi governance token distrubutions
* Details: [Discord message](https://discordapp.com/channels/740450057136111667/740842113494941788/740855230551425055)
* Started a [simple subgraph](https://thegraph.com/explorer/subgraph/whalerdao/whalescan) for tracking YFI distribution, not much progress yet
* IDK, what do y'all have?