# WhalerTalk Agenda -- September 4, 2020
Time: 8am-9am on Fridays (Pacific Time)
Location: [WhalerDAO Discord](https://discord.gg/CHxxasF)
Add things to the agenda if you want 👇
1. Chat & Mingle (15 min)
2. Planning (45 min)
* Summoning the DAO in WhalerDAO
* Did [DAO canvas](https://hackmd.io/yU_iYtp4RnKTVswIE4xFdg) on Wednesday
* Our goal: Building systems that make it profitable for people and protocols to do good
* We have seen how existing systems that rely on altruism have failed to generate enough impact.
* DeFi offers the potential to create systems that are profitable to participate in and generates more money for charity as more people/capital enters the system
* Let's summon the DAO and onboard members!
* Is Moloch V2 ready on IDChain? If not, let's just use xDAI instead to get started.
* Quadratic voting: If you pledge $$X^2$ you get $X$ votes and $(X^2-X)$ non-voting shares
* What should the minimum pledge be?
* $100? $1000?
* What should the application process be like?
* MetaCartel-esque: Post on our forum with self-intro, why you want to join, etc.
* RaidGuild-esque: Have an online form on our website for applicants to fill out
* (x) MolochV2 style: Applicants submit a membership proposal on Pokemol, submit some kind of application to the forum, and any member can champion the proposal
* What do members get in return?
* Exclusive Discord channels?
* Right to participate in projects?
* Invite to planning calls (and make WhalerTalk more like a town hall rather than planning)
* Project token distributions
* Other ideas?
* First project: tree.finance
* Renamed from dam.money cause trees are more memeable (and fits our theme of helping the world better)
* Current progress
* Smart contracts written though not tested
* No frontend yet
* Looking for builders!
* What it is
* Elastic supply token (e.g. AMPL, YAM) pegged to yUSD
* Price above peg => Mint TREE
* 80% gets sold into yUSD and put in reserve
* 10% gets sent to charity wallet
* 10% is used for rewarding TREE-yUSD Uniswap pool LPs
* Weights can be modified by governance
* Quadratic burning to keep price up
* If you burn $x\%$ of TREE, you get $(x\%)^2$ of reserve
* Burning TREE makes other holders' TREEs worth more
* TREE holders are incentivized to wait for others to burn first
* Alice owns 50% of TREE, Bob owns 50%
* If Alice burns all of her TREE, she gets 25% of the reserve, and Bob gets the remaining 75%.
* Alice and Bob are both incentivized to wait for the other person to burn first, resulting in an equilibrium where both hold
* Initial supply (tentative)
* 10000 TREE
* Have justification for this number but it's mathy
* Yield farming for fair distribution
* 2k to Uniswap LP
* 1k each to yETH, yDAI, yaLINK, yYFI, SNX, LEND, SUSHI, ANT
* Lasts for 7 days
* Charity governance
* Use Aragon conviction voting DAO for distributing the TREE minted to the charity wallet
* TREE is used as the voting token