NixOS 20.09 GO / NO-GO Meeting
Sounds so good you won't believe it.
###### tags: `Meeting`
- **Meeting Link:** https://meet.jit.si/GoNightingaleGo
- **Date:** [Oct 2, 2020 3:00 PM (EDT)](https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/?t=15:00&tz=ET%20(Eastern%20Time))
- **When2Meet:** https://meet.jit.si/GoNightingaleGo
2. Roll Call (soundcheck)
3. Blocker Review `40min`
- Review Release Notes `10min`
5. GO / NO-GO Decision `5min`
6. Setting the goal date `5min`
- **(expected) Participants:**
- Aaron Anderse (@aanderse)
- Eelco Dolstra (@edolstra)
- Daiderd Jordan (@LnL7)
- Florian Klink (@flokli)
- Maximilian Bosch (@ma27)
- Rok Garbas (@garbas)
- Thomas Tuegel (@ttuegel)
- Samuel Dionne-Riel (@samueldr)
- Silvan Mosberger (@infinisil)
- **Release Managers:**
- Jon Ringer (@jonringer)
- WORLDofPEACE (@worldofpeace)
- **Contact Information:**
- github: @jonringer
- freenode irc nick: jonringer
- email: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- matrix handle: @worldofpeace:matrix.org
- freenode irc nick: worldofpeace
- github: @worldofpeace
- email: <email@example.com>
## :peace_symbol: Intentions
* A brief explanation of the intentions of the meeting
## :speaking_head_in_silhouette: Roll Call
* Participants will identify what subsystems and users they are representing.
## :mag: Blocker Review
* Review each listed bug and related issues and decide on priority. Make sure your bug is in this thread before the meeting.
### Blocker Project
### Quick links
<!-- Any other important links when reviewing blockers -->
[**Bugs as "severity.blocker" in milestone**](https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues?q=is%3Aopen+label%3A%221.severity%3A+blocker%22+milestone%3A20.09)
[**PRs as "severity.blocker" in milestone**](https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+label%3A%221.severity%3A+blocker%22+milestone%3A20.09)
## :dart: GO / NO-GO Decision
* We will likely release even with known issues. The goal here is to decide which ones are blocking and what's not.
## :calendar: Setting the goal date
* What day should we have these completed by, or is the release is going on without them?
* Who's going to handle completing them?
<!-- Other important details discussed during the meeting can be entered here. -->
- [ ] Add an issue to QA ISO's
It needs to be verified that all ISO's that are using a release blocking desktop boot cleanly in their supported configurations.
They must boot live when written to a USB stick with **any** of our supported methods documented in the NixOS manual.