# Instructions for note-takers
We're glad that you decided to support the event and take the role of a note-taker. Below you will find a short instruction, how to take the notes.
If anything is unclear write to [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
We invite two note-takers to collaborate during each session. A primary one starts transcription and should lead throughout the whole session. A supportive one should correct the spellings, enter parts that other note-taker missed, might jump-in to lead if the speaker got way ahead of the other note-taker.
## Stating your interest
Just find the notes for the session you like and leave your name under the "note-takers" list.
## Using HackMD
We decided to use HackMD, because it handles simultanous editing better than GDocs. It is a simple editor using Markdown format, with a menu on top to apply formatting in case you don't know Markdown.
**How to start editing notes**
1. Head to the main [Notes catalog](https://hackmd.io/c/ByI8ATqr4/%2FHuP2rMEgTzirAXGNBxgK9Q)
2. Choose the session you want to edit in the menu
3. By default you will see the rendered document. Click on the "split-screen" icon in the top-left corner of the screen
![Split-screen icon is the button inn the middle](https://screenshotscdn.firefoxusercontent.com/images/cd98b844-99e3-4b9e-8f57-929c442c6fed.png)
5. Here you go! You type on the left and see the result on the right.
7. Common keys, such as `Ctrl+B` to add bold won't work. You have to use the top menu or use Markdown instead: `nonbolded **bolded** nonbolded`
6. If you want to learn Markdown see [this cheatsheet](https://github.com/adam-p/markdown-here/wiki/Markdown-Cheatsheet), but it's not obligatory
**Want to test it out?**
Try this [playground](https://hackmd.io/j4aVFwkrQXKsdJCi5mxDDA#) or create your own note using plus sign in top-left menu.
## Frequently Asked Questions