# May-June / platform update
The primary objective is to build a Community Operated Wireless (COW) Mesh Network for Mirzapur communities. The network will eventually be operated and sustained by the communities in Mirzapur, and will aid livelihood generation, education and decentralized archiving. We formulated initial plans regarding the activities and educational initiatives and these will be developed further in keeping with our discussions with the communities and collaborators about their aspirations and requirements.
### 1. Calls and session with MMU and Mirzapur girls
> Summary of number, data gathered, plans, possibilities
### 2. Hardware
> Webinar Pi Photos
> More webinar pi images can be seen here
> Webinar Pi (Enclosures, packaging, screens, issues)
> Data connection issues (hotspots)
> Battery issues (testing 6-10 hours charge)
> Speaker and mic issues (spaciality)
### 3. Network (local, cloud, internet)
> n(i) are mesh-nodes - radio and routing
p(i) are the Pi-services and servers (p0 for example is typically not a Raspberry Pi but a desktop)
> Note there would be other mesh-clients like smart-phones who will also hook on. Lets call them c1,c2,..
>In a decentralised intention - each of the Pi can be symmetric in the sense that when they connect and then move out of a node range, they will still be available as an independent service provider that possibly stores the necessary data of the mesh for its needs. When it joins back, it replenishes the mesh - a typical case is a mobile van that covers an event as a media-van and comes back home.
> Syncthing and Yggdrasil help us coord, sync and maintain the nodes and services https://hackmd.io/7s3JVZ5ySIqj4G73Qe29Cw
> papad on pantoto, public.janastu.org and files nextcloud are Cloud node services.
### 4. Software
*Syncthing* is a free, open-source peer-to-peer file synchronization application available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, Solaris, Darwin, and BSD. It can sync files between devices on a local network, or between remote devices over the Internet.
**For Download:** Click the link https://syncthing.net/downloads/
*Papad* is an application designed to listen and tag audio files of a community channel. These tags (the meta information) can then be used to search, sort and share a large collection of audio files.
**Source code:** https://gitlab.com/servelots/papad-api
*public.janastu.org and files.janastu.org* are cloud services to uploading of file for public and private needs of community groups.
* **node on cloud**
*a *node on the cloud* can serve as an always on backup service for local mesh data while also hosting services that can by used by groups who are outside the hyperlocal mesh network.
*tox* is a private and group messaging service with clients on Linux, Windows, Andriod, Rasbian and other operating systems. The toxbot can be called by a user or a group and it will record the audio/video which generates a link/url that can be used and also the media will sync through the logical network.
* Suno suno https://bit.ly/JanastuW4Pmay2020
* post dweb cowplans j.mp/cowplans
* Team meeting MoMs
* LibreLabour: Open Source Coding Communities in India, Upasana Battacharya, Masters Thesis, Department Of Humanities And Social Sciences, Indian Institute Of Technology Madras, Chennai, June 2020.
* Why open source and open box approach is education and skill training by itself. Ref http://wiki.janastu.org/wiki/Open_Source_as_Infrastructure
* Pi is a replacement for a laptop more than for a smartphone https://www.hackster.io/news/escape-the-limitations-of-traditional-tablets-with-this-raspberry-pi-build-fc50da349d8c
* Pi: Community learning together and can be used as a standalone server with customised material for local educational needs.
* Listening test. Voice and Music. http://listening-test.coresv.net/results.htm