NixOS 20.09 GO / NO-GO Meeting
Sounds so good you won't believe it.
###### tags: `Meeting`
- **Meeting Link:** https://meet.jit.si/GoNightingaleGo
- **Date:** [Oct 9, 2020 3:00 PM (EDT)](https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/?t=15:00&tz=ET%20(Eastern%20Time))
2. Roll Call (soundcheck)
3. Blocker Review `40min`
- Review Release Notes `10min`
5. GO / NO-GO Decision `5min`
6. Setting the goal date `5min`
- Aaron Anderse (@aanderse)
- Eelco Dolstra (@edolstra)
- Daiderd Jordan (@LnL7)
- Thomas Tuegel (@ttuegel)
- **Release Managers:**
- Jon Ringer (@jonringer)
- WORLDofPEACE (@worldofpeace)
- **Contact Information:**
- github: @jonringer
- freenode irc nick: jonringer
- email: <email@example.com>
- matrix handle: @worldofpeace:matrix.org
- freenode irc nick: worldofpeace
- github: @worldofpeace
- email: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- [Fri Oct 9 2020 Notes](https://hackmd.io/_0Ogxl-sSRW98k-d7ob3MA) (basically nothing because we forgot)
## :peace_symbol: Intentions
* A brief explanation of the intentions of the meeting
## :speaking_head_in_silhouette: Roll Call
* Participants will identify what subsystems and users they are representing.
## :mag: Blocker Review
* Review each listed bug and related issues and decide on priority. Make sure your bug is in this thread before the meeting.
## Issues Reviewed
QA for plasma should be done. Needs staging for 20.09 to be merged https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/99621.
GNOME still needs to be QA'd properly.
Needs new issue, not a blocker.
Fix to be committed @worldofpeace
Eelco made a fix so that the endpoint would be available.
Release notes still need work.
Also feedback from the marketing team and some extra proofreading. @worldofpeace mentioned that, along with Q.A of the ISO images, we need a formal Q.A team for the proofreading.
@worldofpeace decided outside the meeting to make an issue to verify the release notes in vein of https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/82777
"The marketing side of the release" basically.
@garbas wasn't present in the meeting so most things are yet to be determined where they are.
- Release announcement
- Release notes with channel-diff info?
## PRs Reviewed
No PRs were reviewed this meeting.
### Blocker Project
### Quick links
<!-- Any other important links when reviewing blockers -->
[**Bugs as "severity.blocker" in milestone**](https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues?q=is%3Aopen+label%3A%221.severity%3A+blocker%22+milestone%3A20.09)
[**PRs as "severity.blocker" in milestone**](https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+label%3A%221.severity%3A+blocker%22+milestone%3A20.09)
## :dart: GO / NO-GO Decision
There is still work that needs to be done.
Though we're very close to being ready for a release.
## :calendar: Setting the goal date
Because NixCon is starting next Friday @worldofpeace will be unavailable (they're mc), and we wouldn't want to conflict with a community event like this.
### The options we discussed
- make another when2meet to talk again after that Friday
This is going to delay the release even more :frowning:
- meet on Monday
The issue with that was we need to talk with @garbas in the meeting or we won't have anything useful to go over.
Getting in contact with @garbas some way or another.
<!-- Other important details discussed during the meeting can be entered here. -->
@ttuegel mentioned an issue with the download page:
An easy one.