# DasGeek Super Trippy Guide To The Dark Web!
- Dun dun duhhhhhhhhhhhhn
- No I do not list any sites that directly contain illegal activity.
## Guide To Getting On The Dark Web
- First, the dark web is not some nafarious place where only illegal things happen. It's a pretty awesome place if you know where to (like a big city)
- There is nothing illegal or wrong with surfing the dark web. Just make sure to hang around the well lit areas and don't go searching for the bad stuff. You know...just like the regular internet.
- Getting on the Dark Web is not hard at all. Simply download the Tor Browser. Make sure you download the browser actually from Tor and not any of the fake sites. The official site is https://www.torproject.org/
- It is recommended to use a VPN in conjunction with Tor if you're goal is to remain anonymous. However, Tor does a great job of that by itself if you're not going to shady sites you should be fine.
- Now that you have the Tor browser you can browse .onion sites. Those sites are on the DARK WEB (dun dun duhhhhhhhhhn!)
- Below are a list of sites to visit that I found working as of Dec 2020. Tor sites tend to come and go at times so don't be surprised if some of these are gone by the time you try them.
- Another note is that browsers such as Brave have Tor built in their privacy mode so you can just install Brave and click on these sites and it should convert you to a Tor tab.
## Websites To Visit:
#### News Sites
- [ProPublica](https://p53lf57qovyuvwsc6xnrppyply3vtqm7l6pcobkmyqsiofyeznfu5uqd.onion/) : why not get your news on the dark side of the moon! This site runs great and is an Pulitzer award winning investigative journalism.
- [BBC News](https://www.bbcnewsv2vjtpsuy.onion/): Proof the dark web isn't so dark after all when you have BBC news here. You also have companies like Facebook with their own onion page. However, if you're looking for privacy why would you go on Facebook? Seriously.
- [Soylent](http://7rmath4ro2of2a42.onion/) : Soylent is a new aggregator and does a good job finding news the mainstream news sites don't cover.
- [New York Times](https://www.nytimes3xbfgragh.onion/) : It's the New York times news feed. That's all.
Warning : Directories can contain links to illegal content or content not suitable for general audiences. Just like the internet if you're seeking it out...you'll find it.
- [Hidden Wiki](http://zqktlwiuavvvqqt4ybvgvi7tyo4hjl5xgfuvpdf6otjiycgwqbym2qad.onion/wiki/index.php/Main_Page): List of lots of sites you can visit on the DARK WEB!
- [Dark.Fail](http://darkfailllnkf4vf.onion/): List of sites online from various categories. Some of these links are not likely suitable for all users:
#### Search Engines
- [Ahmia ](http://msydqstlz2kzerdg.onion/): great search engine specific to the dark web.
- [DuckDuckGo](https://3g2upl4pq6kufc4m.onion/) : That's right your favorite web search engine has an onion site.
#### Social Media
- [Raddle](http://lfbg75wjgi4nzdio.onion/) : Raddle is liked the Reddit of the Dark Web.
- [Diaspora](http://diasporaaqmjixh5.onion/) : Decentralized social network
- [Galaxy 3](http://galaxy3bhpzxecbywoa2j4tg43muepnhfalars4cce3fcx46qlc6t3id.onion/) : This is a social media forum where people just chat and hang out. No illegal pictures of things allowed so it's relatively safe.
- [Blackhat Chat](http://blkh4ylofapg42tj6ht565klld5i42dhjtysvsnnswte4xt4uvnfj5qd.onion/) : Place to chat with other members of the dark web. No registration required but you will need to make up a username.
- [Chatterbox](http://cboxkuuxrtulkkxhod2pxo3la25tztcp4cdjmc75wc5airqqliq2srad.onion/): Place to hang out and chat with other Onion users. Nice interface but pretty dead.
- [ProtonMail](https://protonirockerxow.onion/login) : One of the most trusted secure email platforms is also on onion.
- [Check Your Anonymity](http://elfq2qefxx6dv3vy.onion/binfo_check_anonymity.php): want to know what kind of cookie crumbles you're leaving behind on the dark web then head to this site.
- [Tor Metrics](http://rougmnvswfsmd4dq.onion/): get metrics on Tor to see info on Users, Servers, Traffic, Performance and other statistics.