# 2022-09-14 Conda Community Meeting
* [Meeting link](https://zoom.us/j/9138593505?pwd=SWh3dE1IK05LV01Qa0FJZ1ZpMzJLZz09)
* [What time is the meeting in my time zone](https://arewemeetingyet.com/UTC/2022-09-14/17:00/b/Conda%20community%20meeting)
| Name | Initials | Affiliation | GH Username |
| -------------------------| -------- | -------------- | ------------------ |
| Dave Clements | DPC | Anaconda | tnabtaf |
| Matthias Bussonnier | MB | Quansight | Carreau |
| Jannis Leidel | JL | Anaconda | jezdez |
| Filipe Fernandes | FF | conda-forge | ocefpaf |
| Matthew Becker | MRB | cf | beckermr |
| Cheng H. Lee | CHL | Anaconda/cf | chenghlee |
| Travis Hathaway | TH | Anaconda | travishathaway |
| Kartik Raj | KR | VSCode Python | karrtikr |
| Jaime Rodríguez-Guerra | JRG | Quansight/cf | jaimergp |
| Katherine Kinnaman | KK | Anaconda | kathatherine |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| Michael Sarahan | MCS | RStudio | msarahan |
15 people total
* Matthias Bussonnier!
* (JL) Plugins
* Need to scale updates and contribs
* Plugins are a means to do this.
* Also maintains stability in core.
## New Agenda Items
- [x] (CHL) [Yanking conda packages](https://github.com/conda/conda/issues/11715) from PyPI
- `conda <=4.3.16` installed in `~/.local` triggers `AttributeError: module 'platform' has no attribute 'linux_distribution'` errors when used with newer python & conda releases.
- Yanking, not deleting!
- MB: I would suggest also pushing a dummy new version with nothing in it. Potentially even that raise in setup.py with an informative error message.
- May bring actually funcational conda back to PyPI at TBD
- [ensureconda](https://pypi.org/project/ensureconda/) may be a reasonable alternative. [GH](https://github.com/conda-incubator/ensureconda)
- [x] (DPC) Discourse Forum Update
- We were granted a free site by Discourse
- Would love feedback on [site organization (see option 5)](https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVPZQh3iM=/)
- [x] (DPC) conda.org
- [Join us!](https://github.com/conda-incubator/conda-dot-org)
- MB: I would advise looking first to who is going to write the code. Don't fall into the trap of making it targetted to non-technical users, and alienating technical one. Also when doing design, make sure you already have someone who is going to do the implementation.
- [x] (MB) conda.sh.
- [x] `bash <(curl -L conda.sh)` detect platforms. Help with windows ?
- (can't ``|`` as installer needs stdin.)
- JRG: I _think_ stdin is disabled with the -b option enabled
- [x] conda-incubator project: https://github.com/conda-incubator/conda.sh
- [x] contributions welcome!
- [x] Someone set a reminder to renew domain before 2023-09-06!
- [x] Maybe also move ot off OVH ?
- [x] Don't mine crypto...
- [x] (JL) plugins kickoff phase 2
- [ ] Higher level epic: https://github.com/conda/conda/issues/11820
- [ ] Various work streams in flight
- [ ] plugins infrastructure (merged into feature branch)
- [ ] new sub-commands plugin API (merged into feature branch)
- [ ] virtual packages definitions as plugin hooks
- [ ] pluginification of the solver API (libmamba solver as first case)
- [ ] More use cases needed!
- [ ] conda community project team for plugins?
- [x] (JRG) Invite [conda-tree](https://github.com/rvalieris/conda-tree) over to conda-incubator?
- [x] (MCS) Conda-build project status?
- [x] skipping (part of) overlinking checks: https://github.com/conda/conda-build/pull/4576
- [x] (MRB) help with conda-package-handling builds
- [x] (KR) Discuss recommendations from conda regarding environment creation and environment watching
- [x] conda create -n or create -p ?
- [x] Can environments.txt file be used for watching?
- [ ] xxx
- [ ] xxx
## What is this meeting for?
Various parts of the conda community gather on a regular basis. This meeting brings together all of these sub-communities for a community wide call.