# Octant Community Meeting
_This doc is meant to serve as the "one doc to rule them all" for Octant community meetings._
[Join the Octant community meetings every Wednesday at 1PM ET / 10AM PT](https://vmware.zoom.us/j/97746360612?pwd=cUxwWHpYNTV3elVhS3dSd0dETks2Zz09)
_You can find recordings of these meetings [on YouTube](https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7bmigfV0EqQ55lLisHHy2n1MDuRZasrR)._
_If you have anything you'd like to put on the agenda, please do so below for the next meeting:_
__Past meeting notes have been migrated to [GitHub Discussions](https://github.com/vmware-tanzu/octant/discussions?discussions_q=category%3A%22Community+Meeting%22).__
## January 20th, 2021 - [YouTube Stream](https://youtu.be/ThfgW8BfGBk)
- Electron, electron, electron.
- Big thanks to @GuessWhoSamFoo
- [Electron Nightlies](https://console.cloud.google.com/storage/browser/octant-nightlies/electron)
- Outstanding issues: Monaco loading, zoom in/out additional bindings, build flag to optionally embed assets
- Kubeconfig and runner change proposal
- Donut chart improvements [#1465](https://github.com/vmware-tanzu/octant/pull/1465)
- Resource viewer designs update
## January 13th, 2021 - [YouTube Stream](https://youtu.be/ffYy9W21ScQ)
- We are still working on Electron stuff, slowly but surely.
- Moved to electron 11 to support M1 [#1822](https://github.com/vmware-tanzu/octant/pull/1822)
- "autoupdate" means download latest and restart. Partial updates are possible
- Interoperability between multiple release tools to a single tag
- [Project Board](https://github.com/vmware-tanzu/octant/projects/4)
- We will build a new RV prototype in story book for users to checkout.
- Target to share that design next week.
- Pia and Isha are working with plugin authors and doing interviews around what can improve the plugin authoring experience.
- It is OSS day (week) at VMware and Octant was highlighted as a healthy project :tada: (Sign up here: https://osday.vmware.com/)
### Open Q & A
- Reginald: Octant chews CPU when idle.
- Please open an issue with details and will investigate it.
- Listing resources from a cluster?
- Caching the client to local
- RBAC restricted should degrade
- Going to open a discussion
- Web Components? Custom Components?
- How? Register? Dynamic?
- Reginald: has anyone run Octant as a container and exposed it as a service?
- Yes, people have done it, but it isn't support and has some issues, like the global context.