FOSDEM Devroom Submission
# Blockchain DevRoom Organizing
Next step: organize a call
# Ethereum Blockchain Background
** We got approved! And, merged with a broader blockchain themed room — see above**
This is what was submitted to the FOSDEM devroom. FOSDEM is February 2 & 3rd, 2019. If you want to get involved in organizing, please join the discussion thread: https://ethereum-magicians.org/t/ethereum-participation-at-fosdem-february-2-3-2019/1417
## I'd like to help organize the Ethereum bits!
* Bob Summerwill
* Boris Mann
* Aidan from Chainsafe
* Kirill Pimenov
## Submission Form
Ethereum, EVM, and Decentralized Web
## Elaborate description of proposed devroom (including possible topics):
We would bring together Ethereum and related decentralized web projects and protocols to share progress, do demos, and showcase research. As well as the Ethereum mainnet, there are many projects using the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM). This would be to bring together participants from many different ecosystems in the shared, open environment of FOSDEM.
* Ethereum: Community & Code
* Programming Language Theory applied to Ethereum - Type Systems, Formal Verification, Static Analysis, Compiler Design, Invariants
* Ethereum and Cool Languages - OCaml, Rust, Nim, Haskell, Elixir
* How does the Ethereum ecosystem support & maintain open source software?
* Ethereum Smart Contracts, EVM, and eWASM
* Blockchains and Hardware
* Ethereum 2.0 - Sharding, Proof of Stake
* IPFS and other companion decentralized web protocols that compliment blockchains well
## Why does it fit FOSDEM?
The Ethereum and broader blockchain community has many principles in sync with the open source, decentralized web, and p2p communities. The goal of bringing Ethereum, EVM and Decentralized Web to FOSDEM is to share these principles and look for opportunities to cooperate and interoperate. We see FOSDEM as a place where people from many different projects and programming languages come together, and we want to support that and use it as a rallying point for many different communities to come together.
## Relevant URLs
Discussion thread for FOSDEM organizing:
Principles of Fellowship of Ethereum Magicians:
###### tags: `ethmagicians` `fosdem` `fosdem19`