# Equinox Unconf
# Planning Meeting (@e-10)
### Hashtags / Purpose
* Human connection / getting to know each others
* Update each other
**Length** : 1 day
**When**: 20th March, Spring Equinox (Breathing session
**Who**: anyone that wants to share
**What**: presentations, experiences, chats, demos, debates
The password was equinox (no longer need password)
### General / newcomer questions
What's an unconference?
What's an equinox?
Great questions all 'round...
### Tasks to do
Invitation to collectives
gather content (self sign-up)
* daily (random?) check-in meetings on convergence room
### Un-Programme *nice*
* Common opening (what time? Equinox happens at 10:37 CET)
* Feeling each other out
* Self-selected discussion rooms
* Renaming rooms as topic changes
* Cadence "markers" of organised interspersed with self-organising "buffer spaces" to find each other
* Enviromental/orchestration themed cues for stability
* Orbital intersectionality
* Word association game that creates word clouds
* Songlines for navigation to get from point a>b
* Chat storms, 5 word bios, wait, hit enter together
* Reflective moments between games
* 1:1 rooms
* Break-ins? Moments where everyone gets back together for a game / experience ?
* Organisational meta-space; place to talk about what feels good/doesn't feel good.
* Introvert/extravert space. serious room/fun rooms.
* Pat on the shoulder to noobies to just say hi and welcome them - Find a Buddy?
* Call out valued contributions (chat storms?)
* Self assigned Badges on name for intention (eg: hugs, speak, ear)
### Potential Rooms topics:
getting to know each other
non-for-profit professional cooperatives.
decentralized and federated infrastructures.
co-living and collective meaning-making and place-making.
noumenal power, art terrorism, schizoanalysis.
* Emergent cyclical theory workshop - Josh
* workshop: symbol interpretation and oracle readings for skeptics - Ome
* discussion: 'homesteading the noosphere', gift economies, open tribes, forks - Ome
* invitation to the INTERSECT assembly for the next Chaos Communication Congress - Ome
* a very short talk (with a followup discussion) about key takeaways from the "Awakening from the Meaning Crisis" video series - gekaklam
* F.U.T.I.L.E. Cooperatives - A transvestment framework for the networked commons - Roberto
- People seem to like to feel welcome and to know 'where they are'/'who they're with'
- Inviting other communities?
- Rules, Beacons, Guidelines, Rhythms, Landmarks, Cues (environmental) - Songlines, Infrastructures, peace of mind - what do people want / which helps people to find that essence which they're seeking
- 'Below the level of language'
- Moments of reflection
- In-between games
- 'Between conversations you're stuck in which you don't want to be having'
- Two words, meeting, word sex, word clouds. Definitely multicoloured
- Concerned about feeling stupid, looking awkward or nervous. Laugh!
- Getting un-stuck. There are many ways people can be stuck as individuals or groups. Falling into a 'relationship dynamic'
- 'LAst time' - "it's so amazing to be included in this sharing space, where everybody knows each other." Self-exclusion (reprojection and realising how excluded people have been feeling outside this environment, and grappling with that). Nobody really knows each other. But it feels like they do.
- 'Some sort of visual thing'
- A call for more context - do want to be organic
- "More magic can happen when things are connected in a certain way, when there's pathing or something..." - Konrad
- Loads of ideas, but the capacity to execute on them all was limited. Taking ownership of particular parts. Intrinsic motivation.
- A safe space - is the infrastructure... a visual metaphor for the safe space which gives a perception that there's a map of the territory even though there may not be
- Are goals a thing that are... had? Emergence is the only goal. Emergent sea, Emergency, Emergent see?, May you see the emergence, or maybe not. May the force be with you. Or, maybe not...
- Room for growth
- Microstructures - breakouts for example are microstructures
- Uncomfortable silence - is this a microstructure or a lack thereof?
- The 'flavour of the room'
- The ability to generate a space - to feel comfortable... introverts, extroverts... maybe it's rather the ability to generate a space-time. A map of the space-time.
- Open space technology, microsolidarity, being considerate about the people around you, listen to each other. Solves the problem instead of applying them as rules
- Themes instead of structures?
- RIP the best conversation that never happened - a grave-stone in a space
- Relation between content and people - morning with connection, afternoon with content where everybody feels a part of the group
Website suggestions - poochy
- change "if you fail to receive value, please seek a space where you are or better" to - "if you feel like it, please seek a space where you feel better, or... create one"
- "This is a participatory meeting of hands, heads, and hearts in an open space to build collective capacity, embrace diversity, and manifest common potential"
- Spelling error and text change - "We are practising emergent organisation where no-one and everyone is a facilitator, calling us into the joys and shared responsibilities of co-creating without hierarchy and with minimal structure. Please *co-facilitate* and join us this Equinox in a game of artful participation!