# Data Dojo Würzburg 13
## DataDojo@Lunch - live
## June 2022
- **When:** Thursday, June 9<sup>th</sup>, 2022 **at 11:30pm** until 12:45pm (75 minutes)
- **Where:** [CCTB](https://www.google.de/maps/place/Center+for+Computational+and+Theoretical+Biology+(CCTB),+University+of+W%C3%BCrzburgemail@example.com,9.9723819,19z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x47a28fc802e5e8d9:0x6b62d2cbd2e6f094!8m2!3d49.7851122!4d9.9730135)
- **Info:** [DataDojo Website](https://ddojo.github.io/), [Repo](https://github.com/ddojo/ddojo.github.io)
> Please add your name to the list (click the pen icon at the top left to edit) if you plan to come. And please remove it if you can not make it. Feel free to add your preferred tool or programming language.
- Markus (R, julia)
Spotify listening history ([request yours here](https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/account/privacy/))
- What kind of information is stored in the table(s)?
- How much data is missing?
- Is the dataset clean or are there any clear outliers?
- How can the different datasets be combined?
- How to visualize the results in a suitable way?
- Which artists/songs were most popular during the day vs in the evening?
- What was the listening frequency for a specific band per year? e.g. Spice Girls
- What is the top song of each year?
- Which song was most frequently played in a single day/week/month?
- What was the longest time a song was not played before being played again?
- How many different songs and artists did we listen to (by year)?
- Which artists were most popular in summer/winter?
- **Add your own questions**
- Further Ideas
- What is the most skipped song all time?
- Is there a temporal correlation between songs/artists? (probably yes, because of playlists...)
- Can we predict the year based on a selection of five random songs?
- **Add your own ideas**
## Collaborative Tools and Workflow
For Notebooks (R, python, julia, js, ...) with real time collaboration [CoCalc](https://cocalc.com) seems to be the best option right now. It worked great the last couple of times so we'll stick to it for now. You need to register an account there (it is free).
## Future Suggestions
> Add your suggestions to the list and :+1: to the end of a line you are interested in
### Data Sets
- [All Birds](https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/ele.13898) :bird:
- Results of the [Bundestagswahl 2021](https://www.bundeswahlleiter.de/bundestagswahlen/2021/ergebnisse/opendata.html)
- Weather data throughout Germany over time (incl. temperature, precipitation, ...): https://www.dwd.de/DE/leistungen/cdc_portal/cdc_portal.html
- German [Mikrozensus](https://www.destatis.de/DE/Themen/Gesellschaft-Umwelt/Bevoelkerung/Haushalte-Familien/Methoden/mikrozensus.html)
- Kaggle [Titanic](https://www.kaggle.com/c/titanic) or [Tabular Playground](https://www.kaggle.com/competitions?hostSegmentIdFilter=8) or [Meta Kaggle](https://www.kaggle.com/kaggle/meta-kaggle)
- World Trade Data ([Open Trade Statistics](https://tradestatistics.io))
- [Open Citation Data](http://opencitations.net/download#coci)
- [Top 100 charts + Audio Features](https://github.com/rfordatascience/tidytuesday/blob/master/data/2021/2021-09-14/readme.md)
- [Emoji Usage :hugging_face::heart::laughing:](https://observablehq.com/@jenniferdaniel/unicode-emoji-mirror)
- [Observable Curated Datasets](https://observablehq.com/@observablehq/curated-datasets)
- [Power BI](https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=58494)
- interactive maps
### Data Sources
> all data types are welcome, including tables, images, videos, sounds, DNA, ...
- [Our World in Data](https://ourworldindata.org/) (R package: [owidR](https://github.com/piersyork/owidR)), [Sustainable Development Goals](https://sdg-tracker.org/)
- Open Data Initiatives ([Würzburg](https://opendata.wuerzburg.de/), [Germany](https://www.govdata.de/), [Statistisches Bundesamt](https://www.destatis.de/), [Europe](https://data.europa.eu/en), [APIs](https://bund.dev/))
- [Data is plural](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wZhPLMCHKJvwOkP4juclhjFgqIY8fQFMemwKL2c64vk/htmlview#)
- [Awesome Public Datasets](https://github.com/awesomedata/awesome-public-datasets)
- [Kaggle Datasets](https://www.kaggle.com/datasets) or [Competitions](https://kaggle.com/competitions), e.g. [SLICED](https://www.kaggle.com/search?q=Sliced+in%3Acompetitions)
- [tsibbledata](https://tsibbledata.tidyverts.org/reference/index.html): Time Series Datasets
- [R-text-data](https://github.com/EmilHvitfeldt/R-text-data): Text Datasets, ready to use in R
- [Statista](https://de.statista.com/) - the University of Würzburg has a campus license
- [Open Legal Data](https://de.openlegaldata.io/)
- [Bundestag Data](https://github.com/bundestag) (e.g. poll results, deputies, wahl-o-mat, [inspirational blog post](https://jollydata.blog/posts/2021-03-14-bundestag-part-iii/))
- [Deutsche Digitale Bibliothek](https://www.deutsche-digitale-bibliothek.de/newspaper) ([API](https://labs.deutsche-digitale-bibliothek.de/app/ddbapi/), old newspapers from Germany)
- [Earth Observation: Satellite Image Time Series](https://e-sensing.github.io/sitsbook)
- [Machine Learning Datasets](https://paperswithcode.com/datasets)
- Internation (Student) Assessment Data ([TIMSS, PIRLS, PISA, ...](https://pirls.bc.edu/databases-landing.html))
- [(Medical) Imaging Datasets](https://radiopaedia.org/articles/imaging-data-sets-artificial-intelligence), [MedMNIST](https://medmnist.com/)
- [Inspirational Notebooks on Observable](https://observablehq.com/@tomlarkworthy/notebooks2021)
- [Ski resort statistics](https://ski-resort-stats.com/) :skier:
## Cross Links
- [previous pad](https://hackmd.io/nTIemnbQQqKBrqUlZ0rb9w)
- [next pad](https://hackmd.io/pjdM_fbYTfS-adOlpww8hg)