# RTIC meeting # Future meeting # Agenda Next meeting * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discussion # Agenda 2022-11-30 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Nothing new, none reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * Actor api on hold * Merged changes * None * Discussion * [Audit in examples repo](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/issues/45) * Action: Add cargo-audit and dependabot for a test-run # Agenda 2022-11-23 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Nothing new, reported * [cfg] support (as of last week) * Follow up on last meeting action points * [cfg] not forgotten, but not a high priority atm. * Actor API proposed as forked release. * Merged changes * Related, [rp2040 Monotinic update](https://crates.io/crates/rp2040-monotonic) * Presentation: Jonas/01joja # Agenda 2022-11-16 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * #[cfg] support * [Issue 662: Local resources](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/662) * [Issue 665: Tasks with interrupts](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/665) * [Issue 664: #[cfg] on #[monotonic]](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/664) Discussion suspended for now, hard to support but might be nice to have. Not happy with the current partial/hacky user experience, might be better to deprecate and remove support, if it simplifies the codegen * Follow up on last meeting action points * Actor, feedback [(1)](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/75#issuecomment-1315658412) [(2)](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/537) * Merged changes * https://github.com/rtic-rs/systick-monotonic/pull/10 * https://github.com/rtic-rs/systick-monotonic/pull/9 * `min-rtic-codegen` - a new start? # Agenda 2022-11-09 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * [Async branc](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/tree/async-2022) review ongoing * Merged changes * No merged changes # Agenda 2022-11-02 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * No new reported, smooth sailing * Follow up on last meeting action points * Not much progress yet, continue until next meeting * Merged changes * Action points * Continue reviewing the `async` branch # Agenda 2022-10-26 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * No action points * Merged changes * Action points * Start reviewing the `async` branch # Agenda 2022-10-19 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * Status on async * [cortex-m-interrupt poc](https://github.com/datdenkikniet/cortex-m-interrupt) Embedded WG has shown interest * Status on Actor * No news * Merged changes * None # Agenda 2022-10-12 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes # Agenda 2022-10-05 * TODO * New release for dwt-systick-monotonic * Merged [PR9](https://github.com/rtic-rs/dwt-systick-monotonic/pull/9) * Released [v1.1.0](https://crates.io/crates/dwt-systick-monotonic/1.1.0) * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None noted * Per's students will run RTIC (again) coming semester * Follow up on last meeting action points * Actor API * Proposal: Separate branch release for Actor * Merged changes # Agenda 2022-09-28 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * Actor syntax PR still awaiting input. * Merged changes * [PR 661](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/661) Fix new lint in the compiler (linc unsafe linting). * [PR 660](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/660) `cargo/config -> cargo/config.toml` * Action points * Should the Actor PR be a branch release of RTIC instead? # Agenda 2022-09-21 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * No new regarding RTIC master. Async branch has an issue that emil is investigating. * Follow up on last meeting action points * [Modular RTIC](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/issues/57), RFC discussion for design and experimentation. * Merged changes * None * Discussion * CFG support, unclear what we really support. Causes some confusion. Should be an issue of its own at some point. # Agenda 2022-09-14 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * No new * Follow up on last meeting action points * Per made some progress on Actor syntax * Merged changes * None * Discussion * Modular RTIC (status) # Agenda 2022-09-07 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * "No" bugs discovered * Follow up on last meeting action points * Continue with previous mentioned merging endeavour * Actors * Async * Currently RTIC is single-core, `interrupt::free` sufficient for now * Merged changes # Agenda 2022-08-31 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discussion * Is RTIC an RTOS? * Kind of, sort of, depends. What is an RTOS, what level of abstraction is expected etc. * Modular RTIC * Niko asking for embedded DSL [link](https://matrix.to/#/!BHcierreUuwCMxVqOf:matrix.org/$clSpQkDI5Eh9bVFZMFMhlA73LQp2iOqXK4QEdm5i3Hs?via=matrix.org&via=psion.agg.io&via=mozilla.org) # Agenda 2022-08-24 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Action points * Merge Actors * Separate example to rtic-examples * Merge and release 1.2.0 * Have a look at `critical-section`, it is going to replace `interrupt::free` # Agenda 2022-08-10 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * No bugs, async-await exempted * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Action points * Merge Actors * Separate example to rtic-examples * Merge and release 1.2.0 # Agenda 2022-08-03 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * rtic-examples: [regex dependency PR38](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/38) :heavy_check_mark: * Follow up on last meeting action points * Actors next up for merging * Async-Await next in turn * Master thesis on modular RTIC starting in September * Merged changes # Agenda 2022-07-27 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * rtic-examples: [regex dependency PR38](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/38) * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * [PR653](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/653) :heavy_check_mark: * [PR652](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/652) :heavy_check_mark: # Agenda 2022-07-19 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Discussion/PRs/Issues * [PR652: Remove use of basepri register on humbv8m.base](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/652) * [PR653: Allow custom `link_section` attributes](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/653) :heavy_check_mark: * [Issue655: Problem with passing `static` locals](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/655) * [Issue654: Cfg blocks in Shared Resource fields](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/654) * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Tentative new meeting time * Proposed new meeting time: Wednesdays at 20:00 # Agenda 2022-07-05 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Cortex-M23 [does not build](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/652) * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes ## Discussion * Brief discussion on the Cortex-M23 BASPRI or not BASEPRI support. Armv8M Architecture Reference indicates BASEPRI support as of [Armv8M Architecture Reference](https://developer.arm.com/documentation/ddi0553/latest) (D1.2.5). But seems to be lacking for some implementations. ## Action points * Better understanding of the M23 Arch and implementations. We can use the [does not build](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/652) for further discussions. # Agenda 2022-05-31 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * None * Merged changes * None ## Discussion * Actor API [PR#537](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/537). * Rebased and passes tests. Plan for release started. * Async in RTIC. * Discussion postponed till next week. ## Action points * Emil to make a initial async API doc * Japaric will start looking into the Actor docs # Agenda 2022-05-24 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * [RTIC introduces ambiguous assert!](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/642) * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * [cortex-m-rtic-macros fix assert clash](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/643) * cortex-m-rtic-macros 1.1.3 released # Agenda 2022-05-17 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * [PR#637: Released v1.1.2](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/637) * [PR#638: Fixed Rust Analyzer warning](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/638) # Agenda 2022-05-03 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * Release comping up, based on [PR#635](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/635) * Merged changes * Matrix bot, [PR#636](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/636) * Discussion * Timing issues with spawn from anywhere? # Agenda 2022-04-26 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * [PR#635](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/635) # Agenda 2022-04-19 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Caused by v1.1.x: [Issue 631](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/631) * Priority (out of bounds) error reporting: [Issue 634](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/634) * Follow up on last meeting action points * Release 1.1.x yanked, as causing problems due to MASK overflows in case of interrupt vector index > 32. * Merged changes # Agenda 2022-04-12 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Release 1.1.x but yanked to out of tree build problems not covered by current tests. # Agenda 2022-04-05 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Action Points * Make Bors not block on Embedded-CI @korken89 * Add performance regression checks on top of Embedded-CI @Per, (after completion of Embedded-CI.) Discussion/decision on test structure required (internal vs user-facing examples/tests). * Release currently merged changes as 1.1.0 * Prepare and merge Actor API for upcoming 1.2.0 release [#75](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/75) and [#537](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/537). * Prepare codegen for external init and idle tasks [#71](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/71). # Agenda 2022-03-29 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes # Agenda 2022-03-22 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * [PR626](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/626) * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discusson * Release 1.0.1 (or 1.1.0?) * Async/Await, what do we want? * Actor API * "Flagship" demonstrators? Showcasing larger applications including communication stacks for IoT? # Agenda 2022-03-15 No meeting # Agenda 2022-03-08 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * rtic-examples * [PR33](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/33) * [PR34](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/34) * rtic-syntax * [PR73](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/73) * [PR74](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/74) * cortex-m-rtic * [PR624](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/624) # Agenda 2022-03-01 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * rtic-syntax * [PR72](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/72) * rtic-core * [PR24](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-core/pull/24) * cortex-m-rtic * [PR617](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/617) * rtic-monotonic * [PR8](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-monotonic/pull/8) * Plans * Get thumbv6 locking improvements merged * Get a release out # Agenda 2022-02-22 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * cortex-m-rtic * [PR616](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/616) * Discussion * [Issue 619](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/619) * [Issue 611](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/611) # Agenda 2022-02-15 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * rtic-examples * [PR33](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/33) * cortex-m-rtic Rework CI to publish rtic.rs docs on merge to master Release branches moved to `release/v<num>` Bors branches moved to `bors/xxx` General update of CI, added cargo clippy * [PR603](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/603) * [PR604](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/604) * [PR605](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/605) * [PR606](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/606) * [PR607](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/607) * dwt-systick-monotonic * Add extended variant, u64 range * [PR6](https://github.com/rtic-rs/dwt-systick-monotonic/pull/6) # Agenda 2022-02-08 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * @Glaeqen: mdBook does not support exit codes, docs CI broken [PR602](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/602) * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * [PR593](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/593) * [PR595](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/595) * [PR598](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/598) * [PR599](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/599) * [PR601](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/601) * [PR602](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/602) * [PR30](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/30) # Agenda 2022-02-01 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discussion * [Actors API](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/pull/52) * [PR593](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/593) # Agenda 2022-01-25 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * No new bugs * Follow up on last meeting action points * Actor PoC updated :+1: * Merged changes * Documentation fixes * [PR588](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/588) * [PR591](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/591) * Discussion * `#[local]` resources are required to be `Send` whereas `#[task(local = [])]` ones are not - should the requirement be unified and if so in which direction? (@Glaeqen) -- `Send` requirement for a reason different * NVIC based SRP scheduling on armv6m. [PR589](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/589) * CI with RTIC as a dependency [ISSUE#592](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/592) * Action Points * @xmis9JvZT8Gvo9lOEKyZ4Q Actor API rebase prep for further discussion * @Per Potential problem with span reporting on mismatch in resource spec. [issue 582](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/582) * @Glaeqen Add docs about conclusion to `#[local]` resource discussion point # Agenda 2022-01-18 No meeting # Agenda 2022-01-11 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * @bradleyharden noticed >Has anyone run into a macro error "identifier appears more than once in list"? I can't seem to figure out what it's trying to tell me Ah, I was missing the initialization value for an early local resource which is the same error msg as in [Issue 459](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/459) * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Get here by rtic.rs/meeting - [PR379](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/579) * Drift free spawns [PR580](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/580) * Action points * @Per check and verify if rust-analyzer handles spans better [issue 582](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/582) * @all study [PoC Actor API](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/537) # Agenda 2022-01-04 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Changelog enforcer [PR577](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/577) * Teensy4 examples [PR29](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/29) # Agenda 2021-12-28 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * RTC Monotonic example: done * Merged changes * rtic-core * [Bump to edition 2021](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-core/pull/21) * [Release rtic-core V1.0.0](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-core/pull/22) * rtic-syntax * [Edition: Bump to 2021](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/67) * [Bump version numbers to v1.0.0](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/68) * cortex-m-rtic * [Docs touchup](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/563) * [Clippy lints](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/564) * [Edition: Bump to 2021](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/565) * [v1.0.0](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/566) * [Promote v1.0 in docs](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/567) * [Docfix: remove pre-release note](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/568) * [README: Remove rustc badge and Requirements](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/569) * [Added nRF52 RTC based monotonic to the book](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/571) * [cargo xtask is now ~40x faster](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/572) * [Improved docs on where the 12 MHz comes from in SysTick](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/573) * rtic-monotonic * [Bump to version 1.0.0](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-monotonic/pull/6) * systick-monotonic * [Fix comments](https://github.com/rtic-rs/systick-monotonic/pull/5) * [Bump to version 1.0.0](https://github.com/rtic-rs/systick-monotonic/pull/6) * [Improved documentation of ::new()](https://github.com/rtic-rs/systick-monotonic/pull/7) * dwt-systick-monotonic * [Bump to v1.0.0](https://github.com/rtic-rs/dwt-systick-monotonic/pull/4) # Agenda 2021-12-21 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * @AfoHT: Done, see merged changes below * @korken89, @Per: Inconclusive results for both unconfirmed potential bugs * Merged changes * [PR562 - SLEEPONEXIT](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/562) * Action Points * Add nrf RTC Monotonic example @korken89 # Agenda 2021-12-14 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Investigation continues * (Unconfirmed) Increased current draw @korken89 * (Unconfirmed) Binary size increase @Per * Follow up on last meeting action points * None * Merged changes * Action Points * Change `SLEEPONEXIT` default @AfoHT * Code change * Documentation change * Suggestion * RTIC cookbook/examples Note: > korken89: > >> dngrs (spookyvision@github) > maybe an RTIC cookbook would be cool, weren't there also some examples around the recent time(r) changes? > > That's a great idea! I'll keep it to the meeting on Tuesday, see if we have more things like this that would fit in s cookbook > # Agenda 2021-12-07 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Size increase? (If even related to RTIC) * Follow up on last meeting action points * Per combined related issues, now down to 13 unique issues * Merged changes # Agenda 2021-11-30 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * `rtic-*` Remove #[deny(warnings)], but deny warnings for CI * [cortex-m-rtic PR558](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/558) * [rtic-monotonic PR5](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-monotonic/pull/5) * [rtic-core PR20](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-core/pull/20) * [rtic-syntax PR64](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/64) * Add RTIC logo to docs * [rtic-syntax smaller syntax cleanup PR65](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/65) * Action points * Per will combine related issues # Agenda 2021-11-23 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * [rtic-core PR18](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-core/pull/18) * [rtic-syntax PR65](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/65) # Agenda 2021-11-16 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Double wakeup when monotonic in extended mode * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Action points * `if docs == good { release() }` # Agenda 2021-11-09 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * `rtic-syntax` * [PR#58](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/58) * [PR#59](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/59) * [PR#60](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/60) * [PR#61](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/61) * [PR#63](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/63) * Released 0.5.0-rc.2 * `cortex-m-rtic` * [PR#547](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/547) * [PR#548](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/548) * [PR#550](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/550) * Released 0.6.0-rc.3 * Released 0.6.0-rc.4 # Agenda 2021-11-02 * Triage, bugs in the wild? [PR548: Aliasing issue](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/548) * Follow up on last meeting action points * [Fugit](https://crates.io/crates/fugit) * Merged changes * Discussion * Fugit / Monotonic-stuff # Agenda 2021-10-19 * Triage, bugs in the wild? - No bugs reported * Follow up on last meeting action points= - Monotonic without external depenedecies. * Merged changes # Discussion - Monotonic without external dependencies. - [Lock-all API](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/issues/53), with [POC](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/tree/lockall). # Action points - @korken, will look into the new Monotonic - @Per, will look into `timeless`, a minimal effort timing abstraction compatible to the new Monotonic # Agenda 2021-10-12 * Triage, bugs in the wild? - [struct docs](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/543), with [syntax fix](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/58) - [instant example](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/542). Awaits embedded time update. * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes # Discussion point(s) - What abstraction of time is really needed? # Agenda 2021-10-05 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes - Docs updates ongoing. # Agenda 2021-09-28 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None * Follow up on last meeting action points * Postponed * Merged changes * Minor fixes in rtic-examples, rtic-syntax * Run-pass tests now done with [PR526: xtasks](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/526) # Agenda 2021-09-21 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes # Agenda 2021-09-14 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * [rtic-examples PR20](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/20) * [rtic-examples PR28](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/28) * Japaric submitted actor API RFC: https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/pull/52 # Agenda 2021-09-07 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Something isn't right with Bors and merging, noted a crash in Bors UI * Follow up on last meeting action points * update/japaric(2021-09-07): started working on xtask CI issue but it's not ready for review yet * Unused dispatchers fixed * Merged changes * [Validate unused dispatchers](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/522) # Discussion * Stack memory duplication on init return? (Related to initalization of resources.) # Agenda 2021-08-31 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Not really a bug, but build blocking [microamp extdocs #14](https://github.com/rtic-rs/microamp/pull/14) * [Unused dispatchers are not checked for validity #521](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/521) * Follow up on last meeting action points * None noted * Merged changes * None # Action points - XTasks CI will be looked into by @japaric. - Unused dispatchers will be looked into by @japaric (or @pln). # Agenda 2021-08-24 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes # Agenda 2021-08-17 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * rtic-syntax improvements by @japaric [#52](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/issues/52) [#53](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/issues/53) [#54](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/issues/54) * cortex-m-rtic improvements by @japaric [#512](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/512) * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * [Cleanup: Remove linked list impl - use heapless, linked list init now const fn PR511](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/511) * [Doc: Update russian book PR508](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/508) # Agenda 2021-08-10 * Triage, bugs in the wild? None, besides filed issues and PR:s * Follow up on last meeting action points None, * Merged changes * [GHA: Fix 1.54 formatting change](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/507) * TODO/Discuss * [Use cortex-m InterruptNumber instead of bare_metal Nr](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/509) * [Improve modularity by allowing the #[init] task to be externed](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/505) * [CI: consider using xtask](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/499) * Related: [Added sorted linked list implementation](https://github.com/japaric/heapless/pull/227) # Action points * Korken89 will track the PR: [Use cortex-m InterruptNumber instead of bare_metal Nr](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/509) * Regular meetings will start from 2021-08-17 (along with long awaited Thursday haxx-nights) # Agenda 2021-08-03 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * TODO: [PR507](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/507) # Agenda 2021-07-27 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * [PR496: update the 0.5.x -> 0.6.0 migration guide](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/496) * [PR497: Change misleading documentation left over by PR #464](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/497) * [PR498: book: update the resources chapter](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/498) * [PR500: migration/0.5: cover #[lock_free]](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/500) * [PR501: Propogate the task attributes to the spawn handles](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/501) * [PR502: book/resources: highlight that #[lock_free] includes a compile-time check](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/502) * Action points * Japaric checks if documentation-issues can be closed # Agenda 2021-07-20 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * No bugs, examples `init::Monotonics` syntax inconsistency discussed and `init::Monotonics()` won * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * [PR464: Const generics](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/464) # Agenda 2021-07-13 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * No bugs reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes # Agenda 2021-06-15 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * No bugs reported. * Follow up on last meeting action points * No action points to follow up. * Merged changes * No merged changes, new resource syntax upcoming. # Agenda 2021-06-07 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * No new bugs reported. * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * [#489](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/489) # Discussion * cargo klee on (some of) the RTIC code? # Agenda 2021-06-01 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * [#487](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/487) * [#488](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/488) * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * `cortex-m-rtic` [#485](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/485), [#486](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/486) * `rtic-syntax` [#49](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/49), [#50](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/50) * `rtic-monotonic` [#1](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-monotonic/pull/1) # Agenda 2021-05-25 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * No new issues reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * No action points * Merged changes * No merged changes * RTIC Merch? :thinking_face: * GCC based targets? * Docs to include links to papers/talks/tutorials ## Action points * Prepare for new alpha release at hacker night * Looks into merch designs and ideas at hacker night * Docs to include links to papers/talks/tutorials # Agenda 2021-05-18 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes # Agenda 2021-05-11 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes # Agenda 2021-05-04 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discussion: Modular RTIC (RTIC-light) # Agenda 2021-04-27 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Structs and enums are not properly propagated when inside the app module (0.6-alpha) * The `#[cfg(feature = "rt")]` detection scheme is not water tight [#482](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/482) * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Book fixes [#478](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/478), [#479](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/479), [#480](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/480) * Namespace issue in relation to monotonics [#481](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/481) * Discussion: Tracing RFC [rfcs/#49](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/issues/49) # Agenda 2021-04-20 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes # Agenda 2021-04-13 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Goodbye static mut PR: [#469](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/469) * Merged changes * [#456](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/456) cancel/reschedule support for tasks * [#465](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/465) updated Russian translation * [#466](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/466) fix for type aliases in `mod app`, UB in `spawn_at`, and `#[cfg]` in hardware tasks * [#467](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/467) `cortex-m-rtic` `v0.6.0-alpha.2` released :tada: * Discussion: Generics in tasks. fn task<T>(...) * Next steps towards alpha.3 ### Action points * @per to fix an example for `fn task<T>` issues * Remeber `#[rtic_external]` for `extern "Rust"` # Agenda 2021-04-06 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/463 - `#[cfg]` related * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes - none * Merge cancel/reschedule PR? * Help reviewing `heapless` const generics port: https://github.com/japaric/heapless/pull/198 * Simple pool experiment (const generics based) * Some scoping problems in task specifications. ## Action points * Merge cancel/reschedule PR * Prepare a PR for `RacyCell` move - @Per https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/53639 # Agenda 2021-03-30 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Prepared RFC for Git repository cleanup - [link](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/pull/48) * Merged changes - None # Agenda 2021-03-23 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * No merged changes * Open PR [#456](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/456) for cancel/reschedule support, any comments? * Next steps to `0.6.0-beta.0`? * Remove `static mut` and replace with `static` + `RacyCell` * New resource syntax * Fixing bugs for resources life-times and adhere to interfaces * Docs docs doocs ... and under this stone .. more docs * Move to `const generics` * More? * @korken89 is now helping maintain `embedded-time` ### Action points * Measure the bloat impact of `RacyCell` + `static` on all examples * Send the results to the Rust issue on removing `static mut` * Release another alpha with the reschedule/cancel @korken89 * Start the syntax update for resouces take2 @korken89 # Agenda 2021-03-16 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes ### Action points * Polish and PR for branch `goodby static mut` @Per * Further work on `Linked List` timer queue implementation and `cancel`/`re-schedule`. Thursday night hack session. # Agenda 2021-03-09 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * New monotonic merged across the board :tada: [PR #436](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/436) / [PR #40](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/40) / [Test repo](https://github.com/korken89/test_rtic_0.6/blob/master/src/main.rs) * `cancel`/`respawn` design https://hackmd.io/lhUCzrKBS-66aadO4KsSzw * Should we move away from `static mut`? Related issue: https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/53639 ### Action points * Give the `static` + `UnsafeCell` vs `static mut` a go @Per and @korken89 * Remember: add a chapter on "implementing a monotonic" to the book # Agenda 2021-03-02 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * What is left for `new_monotonic`? ### Discussion * Display for monotonic? ### Actions points * Try and release `alpha.1` at hacker night * Look into the new resource syntax and cancel/reschedule # Agenda 2021-02-23 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * `rtic-monotonic`: https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-monotonic * Update to the `Monotonic` trait's `set_compare`: https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-monotonic/blob/master/src/lib.rs#L61 * A lot of different bugs and issues fixed in the `new_monotonic` implementation ### Notes / Action points * @Per to make a test harness for the new `Monotonic` # Agenda 2021-02-16 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * A user bumped into https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/348 again. We should either give a more clear error, or fix the bug. * Follow up on last meeting action points * Updates on `new_monotonic` take 2 * New proposed trait: https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-core/blob/new_monotonic/src/monotonic.rs, which has the aim to be crazy simple to implement to not hinder adoption while still having some extra features for advanced users. ### Notes / Action points * @korken89 to update the trait to always have `now` return sane values and that `reset` is optional (and impacts the `now`) * @korken89 to move `Monotonic` trait into its own crate `rtic-monotonic` # Agenda 2021-02-09 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Updates on new `Monotonic` ### Notes / Action points * The new monotonic works as designed * A `&(mut) self` interface will be more ergonomic and can lean on embedded-hal and embedded-time * Redesign of new monotonic at hacker night # Agenda 2021-02-02 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * (Follow up on last meeting action points) * Hacker night starts on Thursday again! ## Notes * Aim for alpha.1 after monotonic is merged # Agenda 2021-01-26 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Better docs: https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/440 * Multilock issue (consumes proxy problem?) * Progress on 0.6 release ### Notes * Add docs section on useful patterns (e.g., resource management, (dma) buffers, shared SPI, etc.) * Add docs section on large apps, how to organize a large project https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/444 * Multilock issue is considered solved * Hacker nights commences again next week! :tada: * Better Cortex-M0 support with source masking, we need to find a way to get both exceptions and interrupts to work nicely # Agenda 2021-01-19 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Better docs: https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/440 * Multilock issue (consumes proxy problem?) # Agenda 2021-01-12 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Bors failing, while PRs pass * Multilock issue (consumes proxy problem?) # Agenda 2020-12-15 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Merged changes * Expose setting for [priority optimisations?][exposesettings] allowing manual priority assignment * New `Monotonic` impl update [tracking issue][ts] * Hardware priorities [https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/434] (maybe duplicate of "Expose settings") [exposesettings]: https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/434 [ts]: https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/431 * Discussion: Aliasing of interrupt handlers. (No issue/rfc as of yet) ## Action points * Implement a proposal for #434 (disable compression and a reserved list) # Agenda 2020-12-08 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * `task_local` in progress. https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/issues/46. Syntax will work, but needs backing impl. * To discuss: Queue probing (max fill) https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/428. # Agenda 2020-12-01 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * New monotonic impl under way, [Tracking issue](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/431) * `task_local` in `init` as `&'static mut` - needs impl * Exceeding max len of message queues, error or dynamically sized queues? [Old related issue](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/348) ## Action points * look into `#[... resources = [x: u64 = 0] ...]` syntax for `static mut` transform removal. # Agenda 2020-11-24 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * 2 bugs in 0.6.0-alpha.0 for the monotonic * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Continue the [new monotonic proposal](https://hackmd.io/vWa9GvssR8qBfUYgMZm0CQ?both) * Proposal https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/428 * RFC timer emulation https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/issues/45 * RFC synchronous tasks https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/issues/44 * Thesis presentation * [Should #[task_local] resources use 'static lifetimes, not the priority lifetime?](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/417) # Agenda 2020-11-17 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * RTIC version [`v0.6.0-alpha.0`][v6] released! :tada: [migration guide/docs][v6m] * Merged changes (since `alpha.0`) * [Multilock support][multilock] * Fixed [name conflict with `main`][mainnameclash] * Things to do before stable `v0.6`, see [tracking issue][trackingissue] * Reschedule/cancel API * New monotonic * Document and implement new MSRV * Internal documentation * Maybe more? * Milestone reached: >20,000 downloads on crates.io * Proposal for [new Monotonic][nm] [v6]: https://crates.io/crates/cortex-m-rtic/0.6.0-alpha.0 [v6m]: https://rtic.rs/dev/book/en/migration/migration_v5.html [multilock]: https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/415 [mainnameclash]: https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/416 [trackingissue]: https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/issues/35 [nm]: https://hackmd.io/vWa9GvssR8qBfUYgMZm0CQ?both * Init arguments (`init(resources = [ ])`) # TODO: * [Per]: Zero-cost multi-lock # Agenda 2020-11-10 No meeting # Agenda 2020-11-03 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * What's left for 0.6-alpha * Symmetric locks - **Done** * Namespace/name mangling fixing - **Done** * The new proposed context layout * Move dispatchers from `extern` to `#[app(dispatchers = [...])]` - **Done** * More tests on changed/new features * Update docs to be inline with all the changes * In alpha.1 add the reschedule/cancel API * xpack, qemu fork with additional targets, https://xpack.github.io/qemu-arm/ * renode, .NET emulator for cortex-m with lots of boards supported, https://renode.io/ # Agenda 2020-10-27 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes # Agenda 2020-10-20 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes? * The road to 0.6 alpha, what is missing? * Symmetric locks * Namespace/name mangling fixing - Done * The new proposed context layout * Move dispatchers from `extern` to `#[app(dispatchers = [...])]` * More tests on changed/new features * Update docs to be inline with all the changes * In alpha.1 add the reschedule/cancel API * Ideas/discussion on async/await. # Agenda 2020-10-13 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * dcarosone - PR: [Doclints](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/385) and PR: [device path must be absolute; clarify](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/392) * Korken89 - PR: [Now core contains the same `Peripherals` type based on monotonic](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/388) * AfoHT - PR: [Fix MD-lints, add Matrix and meeting notes badges](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/384) * Clippy lints PRs: [rtic-syntax](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/33), [rtic](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/393) * Spawn/schedule from anyhere PRs: [rtic-syntax](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/34), [rtic](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/390) * Task local/lock free PRs: [rtic-syntax](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/31), [rtic](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/371) * extern fn task(...); // no RFC yet ## Action points * Fix PR merges during hacker night * Look at namespace pollution with the new PRs # 2020-10-06 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Maybe look into https://github.com/TedDriggs/darling for simplifying attribute parsing * Task_local and lock_free [rtic-syntax PR](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/31), [rtic PR](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/371) * Spawn from anywhere. https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/issues/39, with POC https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/tree/spawn_experiment ## Action points * Come up with an improved API to go with task_local and lock_free * Start preparing for an alpha release, what need to be in? And when? # 2020-09-29 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Always return `LateResources` in `init` to have a fully symmetric API? [Done](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/372) * Have a crticial section token passed in `init::Context` for use with HALs that request it [Done](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/373) * [USB HID Example](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/issues/10) merged, thanks @brainstorm * Mod over const [RFC](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/pull/34) [rtic-syntax PR (merged)](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/30) [rtic PR (merged)](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/368) ## Notes / Action Points - Always return `LateResource`, positive @korken89 will have a look on hacker night: PR https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/32 and https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/372 - Have a crticial section token passed in `init::Context`, @korken89 will have a look on hacker night: PR https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/compare/cs_token?expand=1 - Look into the "new" Monotonic trait(s), talk on hacker night - Look into warnings in `proc-macro-error` - Review mod-over-const PRs # 2020-09-22 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Look into updating monotonic to allow any free-running timer with compare interrupt for scheduling? // Emil * Update docs, readability and structure improvements // Emil * Monotonic is difficult to understand for users, need doc/examples improvement // Emil * Follow up on `embedded::time` // Emil ## Notes Try to get the core features for 0.6 out and have point releases for each part after that. Async for RTIC would be nice, but seems like a lot of work. # 2020-09-15 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * GHA toolchain chache issue merged (https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/356) * Audio DSP example? ## Action points - [ ] Impl. evening on Thursday. - [ ] Audio/DSP examples. # 2020-09-08 * Triage: Bug: GHA toolchain cache issue [pr: Rust toolchain cache breaking on version change](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/356) - Merged * Follow up last meeting action points * To Discuss: Closing old stale issues [#244](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/244) [#227](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/227) [#233](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/233) - CLOSED * To Discuss: rtic-syntax multi-core removal [pr](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/27) - MERGED * To Discuss: cortex-m-rtic multi-core removal [pr](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/355) - MERGED * To Discuss: Steps towards 0.6? See https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/issues/35 * To Discuss: task_local_experiment [original branch](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/tree/task_local_experiment), [rebased on master branch](https://github.com/AfoHT/cortex-m-rtic/tree/task_local_experiment) * To Discuss: [[RFC] "out-pointer" optimisation in #[init] #38](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/pull/38) ## Action points - [ ] RFC for new spawn with global lock and without the spawn attribute - [ ] RFC for the shared reference resource (runtime panic version) - [ ] Add `task_local` to 0.6 goals - [ ] Discuss [[RFC] "out-pointer" optimisation in #[init] #38](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/pull/38) on hacker-night - [ ] Move timer queue to an index based linked list impl instead? Discuss more. # 2020-09-01 School-start-madness break # 2020-08-25 * Triage: * PSA: Release new RTIC with `take` fix * To Discuss: GHA for rtic-syntax [pr](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/26) * To Discuss: GHA with ubuntu-version QEMU [pr](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/341) * To Dsicuss: A working min-const generics is on the way. https://github.com/perlindgren/heapless.git (min_const_generics branch) * Follow up last meeting action points * To Discuss: Yanking statues ## Action points - [x] @korken89 release the new version after the meeting # 2020-08-18 * Triage: * Noticed Bug https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/348 (dispatch queue exceeding 127 causes code generation failure). * To Discuss: New meeting time 19.00 Tuesdays * To Discuss: Advisory board * Master Thesis: glaequen * Backlog: embedded time ## Action points - [ ] @Per to implement fix for #348 - Meeting time move to 19:00 # 2020-08-11 Summer break # 2020-08-04 * Triage: * To Discuss: Compiler issue? (https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/75074) * To Discuss: Mutex Trait (discussion on embedded WG) * To Discuss: LLVM-preview based CI test https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/341 ## Action points - [ ] @AfoHT, Init::Spawn miscompilation # Lazy Summer ... # 2020-07-21 * Triage: None reported * To Discuss: Take aways from Oxidize 2020. * To Discuss: Follow up on Embedded Time. * To Discuss: Can we allow more flexible callbacks, by allowing spawning of RTIC tasks from "anywhere". (How would we avoid race conditions on free/ready queues.) * To Discuss: Caching for CI - [x] @AfoHT, investigate llvm-preview instead of arm-gcc for CI - [ ] @Per, have a look at potential callback structure (allowing callbacks to be installed in external code) # 2020-07-14 Presentation of Embedded Time by Peter Taylor on Zoom. # 2020-07-07 * Triage: None to report * To Discuss: ## Action points - [x] Iron Fist: Hack session Thursday evening 17-21 *one week late* - [x] Per: Prepare Zoom meeting for Emebbed Time presentation by Peter Taylor. # 2020-06-30 * Triage: * To Discuss: * Follow up last meeting action points * Remove Multi-core related code. Future plans for multi-core? * Embedded time PR * * Implementing MSRV=stable - N? For 0.6 ## Action points - [x] Per: pre_init code gen use `impl From<cortex_m::Peripherals> for Peripherals` instead of transmute? (#[inline(always)]?) # 2020-06-16 * Triage: No bugs * Move to RTIC, anything broken: Nothing reported broken * To Discuss: Mutex: immutable resuorce proxies https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/issues/36 (https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/tree/immutable_resource_proxies): Revisit later * To Discuss: SeqCst: compiler fence https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/issues/37 (https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/tree/ordering). An extra layer of security around critical sections, in case ordering of inline asm/FFI gets broken: Accepted, prepare a PR * embedded-time PR (https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/312) * - [ ] Per: Proper RFC/PR for the SeqCst. - [ ] Per: Newtype API for degrading Resources to immutable Mutex proxies. - [ ] Korken, Per: Review the embedded time PR. # 2020-06-09 * Triage: No bugs * Showcase shared bus exambles to have idiomatic examples * MSRV: Aim for a floating with `stable - N` where `N = [0..]`. Have a look at common floating MSRV strategies. * Add "allow fail" on nightly tests * Finalize the move to GHA, move bors to GHA # 2020-06-02 * Triage: * Follow up last meeting action points * Discuss MSRV, remove? object 0.19 dependency broke our MSRV Current CI setup compiling mdBook requiring object 0.19 breaks, RTIC is not affected. See [PR #317](https://github.com/rtfm-rs/cortex-m-rtfm/pull/317) * https://github.com/rtfm-rs/cortex-m-rtfm/pull/312 * Coverage testing, candidate [rust-grcov?](https://github.com/marketplace/actions/rust-grcov) ## Action points - [ ] Triage: Analyze if clobbers are needed - [ ] Improve testing: coverage - [ ] Check so proc-macro crates are not compiled in release * PR [do not optimize build deps #314](https://github.com/rtfm-rs/cortex-m-rtfm/pull/316) - [ ] Try out GHA, any speed-ups? * PR [Testing GHA v0.1 #316](https://github.com/rtfm-rs/cortex-m-rtfm/pull/316) - [ ] Fix [allow handlers to be named 'main' #315](https://github.com/rtfm-rs/cortex-m-rtfm/issues/311) * PR https://github.com/rtfm-rs/cortex-m-rtfm/pull/315 - [ ] Write RFC on the removal of multi-core to have as a future plugin - [ ] Perform the rename 1. we release RTFM 0.5.2 with the bug-fix 2. we prepare a RTFM 0.5.3 release which only adds a deprecation warning and where to find all the new name stuff 3. we make a RTIC 0.5.3 release (new crate) 4. we release the RTFM 0.5.3 with the deprecation - [ ] Relink rtfm.rs to rtic.rs - [ ] Release Embedded WG newsletter anouncing the rename # 2020-05-26 * Triage: * Add fences to locks * Follow up last meeting action points * Should we have more tests/test programs? * Should we move to GitHub Actions? * Mod over const RFC prototype: In progress, look into RTIC attributes so the mod works like a normal mod * rtic.rs reserved ## Action points - [ ] Triage: Analyze if clobbers are needed - [ ] Improve testing: coverage - [ ] Check so proc-macro crates are not compiled in release - [ ] Try out GHA, any speed-ups? - [ ] Fix https://github.com/rtfm-rs/cortex-m-rtfm/issues/311 - [ ] Write RFC on the removal of multi-core to have as a future plugin - [ ] Perform the rename 1. we release RTFM 0.5.2 with the bug-fix 2. we prepare a RTFM 0.5.3 release which only adds a deprecation warning and where to find all the new name stuff 3. we make a RTIC 0.5.3 release (new crate) 4. we release the RTFM 0.5.3 with the deprecation - [ ] Relink rtfm.rs to rtic.rs - [ ] Release Embedded WG newsletter anouncing the rename # 2020-05-19 * Triage: None to report * Follow up last meeting action points * Discuss renaming * Should the mutli-core part of the proc macro be removed? For next meeting: * Should we have more tests/test programs? * Should we move to GitHub Actions? ## Action points - [x] Write RFC on the removal of multi-core to have as a future plugin - [x] Update renaming RFC with the acceptance of the new name - [x] Perform the rename 1. we release RTFM 0.5.2 with the bug-fix 2. we prepare a RTFM 0.5.3 release which only adds a deprecation warning and where to find all the new name stuff 3. we make a RTIC 0.5.3 release (new crate) 4. we release the RTFM 0.5.3 with the deprecation - [x] Relink rtfm.rs to rtic.rs - [x] Release Embedded WG newsletter anouncing the rename # 2020-05-12 * Triage: No bugs * Look into monotonic implementations, should we split out into new crate + stubs? * Follow up last meeting action points * Have release names? More discussion needed. ## Action points - [x] @korken89 to update rename RFC - [ ] @korken89 to update reschedule/cancel RFC ##### Renaming - **RTIC** ~~vs. Fearless~~ RTIC has been chosen as the main candidate. # 2020-05-05 * Triage: No bugs reported. ## Action points - [x] @korken89 to create tracking issue for 0.6 push - [ ] @korken89 to update reschedule/cancel RFC - [x] @korken89 to ping the renaming RFC for the meeting ## Discussed for the 0.6 push * Add API to re-schedule & cancel tasks * move/unique resources * Rename RTFM * Mod instead of const * Move back to symmetric lock API #### 1. "Move back to symmetric lock API" together with "move/unique resources" - Accepted/rejected for 0.6? **Accepted** #### 2. "Mod instead of const" - Accepted/rejected for 0.6? **Accepted** #### 3. "Add API to re-schedule & cancel tasks" - Accepted/rejected for 0.6? **Rejected** - Revamp RFC to make it work for a 0.6.x - If it will incur overhead, include in 0.6.0 #### 4. "Rename RTFM" - Accepted/rejected for 0.6? **Accepted** - Allocate meeting 2020-05-12 for finalizing this and coming to a decision - Bikeshed name *yay* # 2020-04-28 * triage, bugs in the wild? * follow up on actions (Rfc #30, [306](https://github.com/rtfm-rs/cortex-m-rtfm/pull/306)) * Rfc #34 (mod/const) * 0.6 cont release discussion - [306] Merged. Possible 0.5.x release with remark that full functionality is only obtianed with rustc 1.43. - RFC #30, updated, challenges with `cfg` resource declaretaions and conditional resource usage remains to be solved. # 2020-04-21 * triage, bugs in the wild? * follow up on action points * 0.6 release discussion # 2020-04-14 * triage, bugs in the wild? * follow up on "actions" * #cfg on RTFM resources pull request [306](https://github.com/rtfm-rs/cortex-m-rtfm/pull/306) * proc_macro_diagnostic needs follow-up. Would allow us to generate warnings during compilation. [RFC 1566](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/54140) # 2020-04-07 * triage, bugs in the wild? * follow up on "actions" * #cfg on RTFM resources Action points - [/] #cfg seems fixed in latest nightly (@AfoHT), may fix https://github.com/rtfm-rs/cortex-m-rtfm/issues/301 - [x] C-M mutex trait instead of cortex-m, (@Korken, PR) - [x] RTFM-core traits updated (@Korken, PR) # 2020-03-31 * triage, any bugs in the wild? * follow up on "actions" * RTFM 0.6 - [ ] Per, Mutex trait (move to cortex-m) # 2020-03-24 * triage, anything that needs fixing? * follow up on "actions" * `rtfm-log` https://github.com/rtfm-rs/rfcs/issues/31 * EDF scheduler # 2020-03-17 * triage, anything that needs fixing? * async/await on-top of RTFM Action points - [ ] Per, multi lock - [ ] Per, compile_error (just not to forget...) # 2020-03-10 * cfg errors on app, https://github.com/rtfm-rs/cortex-m-rtfm/issues/301 * cfg -> late resources * compile_error! * experimental branch for https://github.com/rtfm-rs/rfcs/issues/30, is found in https://github.com/rtfm-rs/cortex-m-rtfm/tree/task_local_experiment Action points. - [ ] AfoHT, error reporting on APP, cfg on late resources - [?] Per, compile_error! - [-] Per, async-await/generators on top of RTFM # 2020-03-03 * https://github.com/rtfm-rs/rfcs/issues/30 Action points. - [x] Per. Will make an initial implementation/experimental branch. # 2020-02-25 * soft reset, is currently marked safe. * https://github.com/rtfm-rs/rfcs/issues/29 # 2020-02-18 * soft reset * proper website - [x] Per. Will collect some information on the generic soft reset for cortex-m. - [ ] Per. Check if there is any LTU student interested in helping out with website. # 2020-02-11 * task return type(s) * follow up on the embedded wg soundness issue (Mutex), but in general Sync/Send semantics # 2020-02-04 * API reference broken. (Relates the frontpage issue discusse 2020-01-28) * Release of soundness patch for cortex-m-rtfm 0.4.3 to 0.4.4, and check that API Reference gets properly linked. * Release of API Reference patch to cortex-m-rtfm 0.5.2. This release is very minor, containing a few updates to docs/book, but no change of code behavior. ## Action Items - [x] Per. The README.md has the right link content. The problem is likely due to bug in the realese mechanism (not reporting failure of doc creation, hence link is broken). Alternatively due to race between update of README.md and the release mechanism (same date on README.md and crates.io release but different link content which is superweird/bug). # 2020-01-28 * No alarming issues * Merging of some examples * Discussion on RTFM quickstart template, following up on https://github.com/rtfm-rs/rfcs/issues/26 * Frontpage with example? - [ ] Per will make an RFC regarding frontpage # 2020-01-21 * No alarming issues # 2020-01-07 * Goals for 2020 * Examples for Mutex trait (in external code) # 2019-12-17 * New time (CET 21.00 on Tuesdays) * Next meeting 3 weeks from now # 2019-12-11 - cancel / reschedule - we'll start with the simpler single-instance task API; korken will update the RFC (see action item) - roadmap issue / withlist - japaric to add a request template and publicize the list on twitter - we'll publicize the list on the next newsletter (2019-12-26) and then check the list again on the meeting of the 2020-01-08 ## Action items - [x] korken will update the cancel / reschedule RFCs to clarify behavior around freeing up slots, whether `cancel = [..]` is needed and until when it's possible to cancel a task (e.g. after the message has been moved from the timer queue into the ready queue) - [x] korken to write logging RFC - [ ] (roadmap) japaric to add a request template and publicize the list on twitter # 2019-12-04 ## Agenda - cancel / reschedule -- https://github.com/rtfm-rs/rfcs/issues/7 ## Action items - [ ] to revisit cancel / schedule API next week when korken's around - [x] @all to add things to https://github.com/rtfm-rs/rfcs/issues/16 ; we'll check the list next week # 2019-11-27 - release done, bugs reported and fixed in 0.5.1 - rtfm workshop at Grepit was successful, > 40 attendees for the tech talk. - funnel logger, alpha pre-release, https://crates.io/crates/cortex-m-funnel - should we have funnel support directly in RTFM? `#[app(logger = 256)]` ## Action items - [ ] @korken89, will make a proposal for the `funnel` RTFM API. - [ ] @all, comment to https://github.com/rtfm-rs/rfcs/issues/7 # 2019-11-13 - 0.5.0.beta1 any blocking issues - monotonic trait follow up - 0.4.x CI issue (to get 0.4.4 out) ## Action items - [x] @per: examples repos in rtfm-rs (with some assistance/coaching by korken89) - [ ] @per: add debugging in vscode example # 2019-11-06 ## Agenda - 0.5 beta. experiences - 0.4.4 release - reports on dead links in `rtfm.rs`, Jorge submitted some PRs to fix it but sporadic compiler failures on nightly has been blocking. - `Monotonic` on enforcement of peripherals. (misuse resistance) - next meeting, 2019-11-13, 20.00 CET ## Action items - [x] @japaric: pinning nightly for `compiletest.rs` (to make sure that CI is not failing due to nightly compiler build). - [ ] @korken89, make an issue for `Monotonic` binding - [x] @korken89, document generated types and de-constructor pattern - [x] @japaric, look into `trybuild` as an alternative to compiletest - [x] @japaric, reply https://github.com/rtfm-rs/cortex-m-rtfm/issues/258 (re: variable `Monotonic::ratio`) - [x] @per, make an rfc issue for mode changes/ratio. Done #23. # 2019-10-23 ## Agenda - 0.5 beta.1 experiences - Minor typo in book detected, PR submitted. - Error messages for soundness issue in 0.4.x - Agreed to go for option a) Minimum Requiered Compiler Version bumb. (@korken89, will be "support scape-goat") - Agreed to yank version 0.4.0 .. 0.4.3 in favour of 0.4.4. - next meeting the 2019-11-6, 20.00 CET ## Action items - [ ] @per: debugging of RTFM 0.5.x (possibly a chapter in the RTFM book) - [x] @per: create new issue for collecting statistical info (e.g., max used buffers) - [ ] @korken89: release of 0.4.4 - [ ] @japaric: work on generators #18 # 2019-10-17 - v0.5.0-beta.1 has been released # 2019-10-16 ## Agenda - v0.5 beta release today? - see above action items - v0.4.x release - next meeting the 2019-10-23, 20.00 CET? ## Action items - [ ] @per: POC implementation of &resources (complementary to #19) # 2019-10-09 ## Agenda - v0.5 release - see action items - RFC: lock optimization - https://github.com/rtfm-rs/rfcs/issues/19 - to be evaluated as an opt-in Cargo feature - RFC: goodbye Exclusive - https://github.com/rtfm-rs/rfcs/issues/17 - to be evaluated as 2 competing 0.6 RFCs: 'lock required everywhere' vs 'auto-wrap in Exclusive' - v0.4.x release - next meeting the 2019-10-16, 20.00 CET? ## Action items - [x] @japaric: will update copyright notices and Cargo metadata of all crates under the rtfm-rs org - [x] @japaric: postpone the rename RFC - [x] @japaric: pre-release v0.5.0-beta after the two previous items are completed - [ ] @per: make a PR for opt-in lock optimization - [x] postpone issue 17 for 0.6, prepare proper RFC(s) - [x] @korken89: Look into better warning/error messages for the soundness issue in 0.4.x or probe the compiler version and emit code based on version