# WE LEAD DA Janastu Workplan
(Updated March 13, 2022)
The idea of these workshopped engagements is to develop and nurture Alternative Agricultural Practices through an exploration of Enterprenurial Economics. Typically Market prices are 20 to 100 times the making costs of alternative farm care products. The locally made products can be significant for WE (Women Enterprenuers).
All of these can be attempted as 3 day workshops for a group of 10 (either women only or with equal gender ratio). A final day of a camp with all groups coming together and sharing of experiences and aspirations maybe a nice touch and allow them to carry the sharing of their learnings to others over the next few weeks - followup activities and colearning spaces will need to be designed. Longer term framing of reenergizing the participants and local community as potential resources for the next set of workshops over the year needs to be kept in mind as a possible way in which bootstrapping using local people as resources is itself is an entreprenuerial possibility.
Jamalpur and Badli districts of Haryana not too far from Gurgaon.
Start with 6 identified Villages (**Pelpa, Pahsour, Badli, Lagarpur, Ladpur, KhediJatt**).
Since the products preparation process involve larger periods of time, a second visit is essential. First phase of workshops (2.5weeks or 20 days), allow fermetation for 30-40 days followed by 2nd phase of workshops around at the same villages.
### Phase 1
(between mid March to mid April): Gauging the aspirations, entrepreneurial interests in the six villages, resources of the WE in these villages.
### Phase 2
(May): Coming back to package products, plan a continued engagement, adapting according to their interests and identifying the possilities.
> **Time needed for each activity/session**
3-4 hours per day
### Phase 1
Need and Aspiration Mapping, Understanding of Resources, Initial experimentation, Business Prototyping, Communications Testing
### Phase 2
Sustaining engagement, fine-tuning making and sourcing processes, Conversations to be started with elders and local stakeholders
## General Plan of Activities
2. Listening Sessions
3. Sourcing Activity
4. Making Workshops
1. Filering and care
2. Packaging and Labelling
3. Usage demo and field visit
4. Sustained engagement processes
* What are the popular enterprises on the ground, are there agri-product industries here
* Agriculture to agriculture products
* Activity of mapping of family wide resources and collective (SHG style) resources that can be used in making/prototyping process
* Sharing of videos/content that opens the group for alternatives (and survey of interest)
* What are the locally active groups and what are the activities
### Listening Sessions
* reflection, local “open mic” for sharing of aspirations (women of all ages)
* sharing of pre-made videos and discussions in groups
* towards mapping of family wide resources and collective (SHG style) resources
* Awareness of the process and enterprenurial potential of the products
### Sourcing Activity
Field activity of gathering/buying ingredients (jaggery, fish waste, veg waste, ripe fruits, citrus peels from juice bars, …) <approx Rs 1k per workshop>
### Making Activity
* Drums for making, mixing and fermenting (we need upto 5 30-50ltr “oil drums” per workshop as they could be left behind with the groups) <approx Rs 5k per workshop>
* Making of promotional media for different audiences (Delhi gardens, local agri needs and self promotion for expanding their networks)
## Products we are thinking of experimenting with
Panchagawya uses Panchagawya is an organic product having the potential to play the role of promoting growth and providing immunity in plant system.
Seed storage: 3% of Panchagavya solution can be used to dip the seeds before drying and storing them. Periodicity of spraying
- Rice 1:0,15,30 and 50th days after trans planting
- Seed/seedling treatment: 3% solution of Panchagavya can be used to soak the seeds or dip the seedlings before planting. Soaking for 20 minutes is sufficient.
- Rhizomes of Turmeric, Ginger and sets of Sugarcane can be soaked for 30 minutes before planting
**Panchagawya prepration cost 1 litre 60 rupees**
Panchagawya sells at a price of 200 rupees litre, which means a profit of 140 rupees per litre.
### Fish Amino Acid
FAA (Fish Amino Acid) is rich with nitrogen. It is good fertilizer for applying both to soil and foliage since it enhances the growth of crops during their vegetative growth period when used with other Natural Farming Materials.The post-usage discharge is completely natural and even beneficial to the soil and water. The same water can be used to water your plants. Make your own cleaner at home, save our environment. It is very effective.**Fish amino acid prepration cost 70 rupees litre**
Fish amino acid sale cost 300 rupees per 250 ml and therefore there is 1930 rupees profit per litre.
### Bio Enzyme
Diluted Bio Enzyme is also used as a liquid nutrient or liquid fertilizer for plants. **Bio enzyme prepration cost per litre 30 rupees**
Bio enzyme sells at 260 rupees per litre resulting in over 230 rupees profit.
### Amrut Jal
Amrut Jal is best used on the fourth day for watering the plants. However we also use it on 3rd and 5th days. We use it in almost all gardening activities. They are Watering the plants using Amrut Jal on a weekly basis keeps the soil alive and rich in nutrients.Spraying filtered Amrut jal once a week or once a fortnight helps in lowering the chance of pest infestation. **Amrut jal prepration cost 56 rupees litre**
Amrut jal sale cost 100 rupees litre
44 rupees per litre profit.
## Resources required from DA for listening and community engagement.
* annotated map of the area / districts
* Baseline narrative as available to help understand the context
* Community halls or spaces. Contact numbers of local panchayat members
* Travel arrangement (vehicle for team and options to stay - community homes, guest houses, partner offices, or local bed and breakfast)
* Local liasioning