# Project Group Error Handling Meeting 2021-08-30 ###### tags: `Error Handling` `Minutes` **Attendees**: Jane, Charles, Sean ## Agenda Items - [Open action items](https://hackmd.io/@rust-libs/Hyj7kRSld) - Sean - Steady progress being made on trial-and-error polishing, waiting for review from Jane - Charles - Finished setting up the diagram for the error handling book - The diagram itself is not fully complete but the skeleton is in place and it's integrated with our github actions so that changes to it will be checked automatically - Jane - Reviewed Nick Cameron's `provide_any` PR and Jakub's `core::Backtrace` PR - Want to focus on getting these two PRs merged and time the coherence PR to land not long after them - Triage - Individual Status Updates ## Triage ### Nominated None ### PG Error Handling - [5 `rust-lang/rust` `PG-error-handling` items](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues?q=label:PG-error-handling+is:open) - [[53487](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/53487)] *Tracking issue for RFC 2504, "Fix the Error trait"* - waiting for backtrace RFC to resolve API decisions - [[72981](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/72981)] *Stabilize the backtrace feature.* - [[58520](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/58520)] *Tracking issue for error source iterators* - unassigned - [[65280](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/65280)] *Formatting of std::backtrace::Backtrace* - unassigned: needs to be cleaned up and split into subissues - [[77474](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/77474)] *Add #\[track\_caller\] support to \`?\`* - unassigned ### Area Error Handling - [15 `rust-lang/rust` `A-error-handling` items](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues?q=label:A-error-handling+is:open) - [[54889](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/54889)] *Implement Try for ExitStatus* - ijackson is iterating on `ExitStatus` api changes, should probably wait for those to settle before adding the Try impl which will be immediately stable but we're fairly confident we want. - [[60784](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/60784)] *Tracking issue for stabilizing \`Error::type\_id\`* - [[66745](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/66745)] *Tracking issue for PanicInfo::message* - [[80190](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/80190)] *API: Add \`err\_or\` and \`err\_or\_else\` to \`Option\`* - [[84908](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/84908)] *Tracking Issue for ExitStatusError* - [[86826](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/86826)] *\[draft\] Store the path in io::Error without extra allocations.* - [[87869](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/87869)] *Make io::Error use 64 bits on targets with 64 bit pointers.* ### PG Error Handling None ## Actions - [ ] Reply to all issues/PRs discussed in this meeting, or add them to the [open action items](https://hackmd.io/UrERZvi5RwyxfGvo-RtC6g). _Generated by [fully-automatic-rust-libs-team-triage-meeting-agenda-generator](https://github.com/rust-lang/libs-team/tree/main/tools/agenda-generator)_