# PEEPanEIP video series
An educational video series talking about Ethereum Improvement Proposal (EIPs) and key features of upcoming upgrades.
Follow earlier recordings at **[PEEPanEIP playlist](https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4cwHXAawZxqu0PKKyMzG_3BJV_xZTi1F)** on [ECH YouTube](https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD9iiIwTRtLDYcEWONs2Q3A) and schedule for upcoming recording [here](https://github.com/ethereum-cat-herders/PM/projects/2).
### Popular videos
* [Block gas limit with Vitalik Buterin](https://youtu.be/vJNO_UqcH6A)
* [Verkle tries for Ethereum state with Dankrad Feist](https://youtu.be/RGJOQHzg3UQ)
* [EIP-4895: Beacon chain push withdrawals as operations with Alex stokes](https://youtu.be/CcL9RJBljUs)
* [EIP-4444: Bound Historical Data in Execution Clients with Alex Stokes](https://youtu.be/SfDC_qUZaos)
* [EIP-3675: Upgrade consensus to Proof-of-Stake with Mikhail Kalinin](https://youtu.be/zNIrIninMgg)
* [Altair Beacon chain upgrade with Vitalik and Danny](https://youtu.be/iaAEGs1DMgQ)
* [ EIP-2929 & EIP-2930 with Vitalik Buterin & Martin Swende](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQpvkxKso2E&list=PL4cwHXAawZxqu0PKKyMzG_3BJV_xZTi1F&index=49&t=5s)
* [MEV & Flashbots with Tomasz K. Stańczak](https://youtu.be/O_nlqXARuNE)
* [A Brief History of Ethereum's Future with Ben Edgington](https://youtu.be/FlFKZR_ofSo)
* [EIP-137: Ethereum Domain Name Service & EIP-2544: ENS Wildcard Resolution with Nick Johnson](https://youtu.be/r3IqenS0VQo)
* [EIP-721: Non-Fungible Token Standard with William Entriken](https://youtu.be/3ig5WhvRI9k)
* [EIP-3403: Partial removal of refunds with Vitalik Buterin & Martin Swende](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqmM3xL6Ny8&list=PL4cwHXAawZxqu0PKKyMzG_3BJV_xZTi1F&index=37)
Also, check out videos by playlist
* Ethereum Network Upgrades
* [The Merge](https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4cwHXAawZxqoLxXqZqT4hcYhoHoP6w12)
* [Arrow Glacier](https://youtu.be/qy81t7bZ-4Q)
* [Know Your Client](https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4cwHXAawZxoruie1hmYWJfiakpYivXft)
* [Beacon chain proposals](https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4cwHXAawZxoEw29YmqJtNoFaENUUAREn)
* [Non-EIP contents](https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4cwHXAawZxpby7LszzOnyuAyQl8WLLvh)
# General format and content of an episode
The main objective of the show is to provide an overview of a new EIP for the client teams before ACD meetings, invite community questions to understand a popular EIP making a significant difference to the Ethereum main network in ELI5 format. Hopefully, this will increase the visibility of `Last call` EIP and long pending EIPs in `Draft`.
The idea is to have maximum involvement of the Author/Champion and less of the host (Cat Herders) unless someone gathered a very good understanding of that particular EIP and is willing to heavily engage. The show should be run by the Author and client devs, Hardfork coordinator, EIP editor (given they’re available for this meeting/call).
### Each episode will cover
* An overview of the proposal or feature
* Test case explained with pseudocode (if no implementation available)
* GitHub links or liks to related resources
* Eth magicians discussion link
* Followed by AMA (10 mins.) Questions collected from Reddit or by meeting participants.
**Note**: The general format of an episode will be the same but there can be some variation depending on the EIP or topic of discussion.
The description section of the episode (video) will list the link of all relevant docs and medium posts shared until the date for reference.
The EIPIP group (or the Cat Herders) will select EIPs to be included in the series. Initially, we will focus on Core EIPs eventually that can be extended to other EIPs and ERCs.
**Duration**: 60 mins
**Frequency**: Once in two weeks
### Invitee of the call
* Author, client's implementer
* Any other explainer of the EIP
* Hardfork coordinator
* Eth Staker, Ethereum Magicians, other working group
* Client developers
* Community members
# Why PEEPanEIP?
Ethereum protocol is a technical subject but it has significant engagement with both technical and non-technical communities. Educating the community about a to-be-included protocol is important in order to build consensus to be able to actually deploy the protocol on the Ethereum main network.
Another reason to introduce this series is the huge number of “Draft” EIPs. Not only Core but there is a significant amount of other Standard Track EIPs that needs attention as they’re in “Draft” for several years.
Ethereum Cat Herders have been engaged with the network upgrade process. One of the identified issues for the delay in the upgrade is the time consumed in the selection of EIPs and creating consensus with the community. We hope that the Peep an EIP series may support EIPs which could use more visibility and help bridge the gap between devs and community.
* Create awareness and provide educational videos for a better and easier understanding of proposed proposals to the community.
* Expedite the change of status of EIP and acceptance in **C**onsider **F**or **I**nclusion (or not). Usually, it is delayed by at least 45 days after the EIP is introduced in the ACD meeting.
* Better utilization of ACD meeting time to discuss technical issues related to the protocol.
* Help consensus building on EIP for a network upgrade.
This initiative is going to provide an information-sharing platform and create a database for the understanding of EIPs.
* It will allow the author to explain the entire proposal in the detailed form as it would not be "time-boxed". (Generally, the time will be 30 mins but that can be reconsidered after recording a couple of episodes).
* If time permits, the author can explain it in both technical as well as useability of the proposal to a normal user point of view.
* An author may share it as a presentation to be in ELI5 form.
* In long run, these episodes will create a library for EIPs, which would be similar to the discussion available at Fellowship of Ethereum Magician but easy to grasp because of the video version.
# Frequently Asked Qusetion
* What do we need from the guest/author?
* Email for sending invite
* Title of the presentation
* A headshot to create a cover image for promotion
* Social media handle - Twitter, GitHub, Reddit (if any), LikedIn (if any)
* 20-25 mins presentation about the proposal and it’s implementations with real-world use cases.
* How will you ensure the reach?
* To-dos before the video/call
* Collect questions
* Create a Reddit post
* Collect it from discord and Gitter community channels
* Design a banner and use it with every post
* Share a YouTube link if we plan to live-stream it
* Share the next EIP # (in advance) in the ECH newsletter
* Promote via ECH twitter
* Send calendar invite with zoom link
* Collect presentation in advance
* Post recording/stream
* Share the link in the ACD Gitter or ACD meeting when that EIP will be discussed.
* Further sharing the link via social media like Twitter, Discord, Gitter, Reddit, and LinkedIn.
* Mention about it in the next ECH newsletter.
### Responsibilities of the host
The Cat Herders are the host and the main task is coordination.
* Identify the EIP, features, key topic
* Reach out to the author(s) or champion or the guest(s)
* Schedule the meeting, zoom+invite etc.
* Design promotion banner, reach out to interested panelists
* Collect EIP# relevant questions from the community
* Record, edit, share, and promote via different social media.
* Our target audience is beyond ACD participants and crypto twitter. We need to reach the community to create awareness.