CDT Monthly Call May 12 2021
- **Location:** [:computer: Zoom Meeting](https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/545364607?pwd=L1d2eDQ4RWJmdkk3YXkvcW90RWJiQT09) ([full details below](#Connection-Details))
- **Date:** May 12, 2021 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada) ([Calendar/ICS](https://eclipse.zoom.us/meeting/uJAodO-sqDstovAF50NQR9k2f8kNjAOvEg/ics?icsToken=98tyKuysqzgsHtKVt1z9c6ktOcH-b9_yln5Yi4UIzDHUMXlYMAWuPcxIE51pNd-B))
1. Welcome and sign yourself in
3. Actions from last meeting
- Action (Jantje): does project creation turn off workspace autobuild. **DONE**
- Action (Torbjörn): Reproduce dark theme color issue in console. **DONE**
- Why is IOverwriteQuery being used in managedbuilder.core? Action (Torbjörn): file bug **DONE**
8. Any other business?
- **Contact:** <email@example.com>
- **Reference:** [Last month meeting](https://hackmd.io/@jonahgraham/cdt-call-apr-14-2021)
## Connection Details
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 545 364 607
Dial by your location find your local number: https://eclipse.zoom.us/u/acMY3kyoJW
## Actions from last meeting details
- Action (Jantje): does project creation turn off workspace autobuild.
- Done. See [email on cdt-dev](https://www.eclipse.org/lists/cdt-dev/msg34899.html)
- Action (Torbjörn): Reproduce dark theme color issue in console.
- Done. See [email on cdt-dev](https://www.eclipse.org/lists/cdt-dev/msg34897.html)
- **Action (Jonah or Torbjörn)** create a bug report for it
- Why is IOverwriteQuery being using in managedbuilder.core? (Action (Torbjörn): file bug)
- In the meeting today we decided to abandon this change
- The complication of the split was not worth the effort of maintaining optional dependencies and all that goes with it.
- See [Bug 572850](https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=572850) and its associated gerrits.
- Discussed/announced release schedule and changes such as to macOS and Windows signing.
- See [Simrel plan](https://wiki.eclipse.org/Category:SimRel-2021-06) for schedule.
- Last day to get anything in to CDT 10.3.0 (other than critical fixes) is 31 May for RC1 build.
- See [Bug 572875](https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=572875) and linked bugs for details on signing
- Regression caused bug enhancement in [Bug 572880](https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=572880) is a blocker for 10.3.0
- John has some hardware at the moment that he can test on to make sure regression is fixed.
- Hopefully Marc @ Intel (who provided the enhancement) can provide a fix.
- Sam would like to improve/fix macOS debugging support
- Sam outlined what issues he was seeing, this had lots of discussion of possible issues and way forward
- Sam is going to work on, in the first instance, getting native debugging to work with homebrew(?) provided GDB.
- The community offered him support and encouraged to ask questions on [cdt-dev](https://accounts.eclipse.org/mailing-list/cdt-dev)
- **Actions** from the meeting:
- Jonah: Send Torbjörn recent discussion about workspaces on macOS that he saw **DONE**
- See [this conversation](https://www.eclipse.org/lists/platform-dev/msg02600.html) - not sure how relevant it actually is, but Alex Blewitt on the list [suggests using -data](https://www.eclipse.org/lists/platform-dev/msg02601.html) and he is an active macOS user, so that implies it works at least sometimes.
- John: Add comment on [Bug 572880](https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=572880) that hardware is available to test
- William: Ask Renesas GDB experts to comment on GDB mailing list topic of restarted remote targets. Here are the links to the discussion so far:
- https://sourceware.org/pipermail/gdb/2021-March/049285.html - initial message
- https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=27439 - bugzilla entry
- https://sourceware.org/pipermail/gdb/2021-March/049331.html - reply
- https://sourceware.org/pipermail/gdb-patches/2021-March/177359.html - reply (on gdb-patches)
- Vinod: Create gerrits for [global variables](https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=219040) and [lockup issues](https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=339005) to solicit feedback. Please add Torbjörn to CC list.
- Torbjörn: ping Jonah on gerrit about clean
### Next Meeting
[June 9 at 11am (Ottawa, Canada time)](https://hackmd.io/@jonahgraham/cdt-call-june-9-2021)