# RTIC meeting # Future meeting * Action points: * @Per: Writing up a design document for RTIC 2.0 (`min-codegen`). * [ ] Scope (supported features) * [ ] Overall design * [ ] Safety/soundness * RTIC v1 vs RTIC v2 vs Embassy vs Others(?) test > Something like "Compared to RTICv1, it introduces async while retaining... Compared to embassy, it allows you to use async tasks and drivers, while also offering ...". > > "framing"/"expectation management" are very important parts of marketing, and I want y'all to be successful :) # Agenda Next meeting * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discussion # Agenda 2024-04-10 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * AfoHT et.al.: Documentation fixes, CI uses cargo xtask doc * Merged changes * Add QEMU for esp32c3 * Monotonics rewrite * Discussion # Agenda 2024-04-03 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * We broke all the docs examples - PR contributed <3 * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discussion # Agenda 2024-03-13 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/issues/899 * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Release v2.1.1 of RTIC which includes source masking fix https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/902 * Discussion # Agenda 2024-03-06 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * [PR874](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/874) Ready for review and testing * [PR815](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/815) * Merged changes * Discussion * Monotonics in SRP context, WCET and hard(er) realtime properties # Agenda 2024-02-21 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * [Unexpected memory usage of timeout_after()](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/issues/890) * Follow up on last meeting action points * [PR888](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/888) * Suggestion by @dirbaio: ATPIT soon stable, can emulate TAIT * https://github.com/embassy-rs/embassy/pull/2574 * https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/120700 * Gameplan: Merge PR888, then ASAP switch to ATPIT * Merged changes * Discussion # Agenda 2024-01-31 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * [PR874](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/874) - All the :+1: !!! * Merged changes * Discussion - Merge https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/888 - ESP32C3 Testing needed * Action points * If 888 merged: Look into adding nightly CI # Agenda 2024-01-24 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discussion * Embedded-hal v1 for RTIC v1? [Issue 862](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/issues/862) * Action points * AfoHT: Look into rticv1 eh-v1 compatibility * AfoHT: Docs need reworking to match xtask usage (features etc.) # Agenda 2024-01-17 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * AfoHT: syn2 minimal changes added and merged * Merged changes * [PR884: stm32-metapac bump](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/884) * [PR881: update syn from v1 to v2](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/881) * Discussion # Agenda 2024-01-10 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * [PR815](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/815) RISC-V + multi-arch added to xtask * xtask unexpected diff locally vs CI * [CI run](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/blob/7876edbc3bddcfac6bfca504f6fd755413fd495e/ci/expected/hifive1/prio_inheritance.run#L16) * Follow up on last meeting action points * AfoHT: syn2 making progress, QEMU examples start passing but not all * Per & Pawel: * RTIC-MC started, focus on rp2040 * Tampere Uni course featuring RTIC now mandatory: More RTIC users :P * Merged changes * [PR877](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/877) make_channel! accept more types * [PR879](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/879) update to embedded-hal 1.0 * [PR880](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/880) Release with embedded-hal 1 * [PR878](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/878) Bump esp32c3 to 0.20.0 * Bump upload/download artifact to v4 * [PR867](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/867) * [PR868](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/868) * Discussion * ~~Embedded HAL v1!~~ * ~~[PR879](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/879)~~ Merged! * Monotonics rewrite * [Issue 873](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/issues/873) * [PR874](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/issues/874) * [Issue 875](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/issues/875) RTIC clean "shutdown" (for use with bl) # Agenda 2023-12-20 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * [Issue 865: Local variable corruption in SW tasks ??](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/issues/865) * Docs * Need to fix the docs for the features required for examples [Issue 840](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/issues/840) Or change full on to xtask * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * [RISC-V ESP32-C3 Import cleanup](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/866) * Discussion * [Embedded HAL v1 concerns, migration strategy, compatibility](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/issues/862) * rtic-sync * Did we discuss this? [Issue 62: DynSender, DynReceiver](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/issues/62) * RFC repo strikes again, we keep missing it :( * [Issue 859: monotonic resolution](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/issues/859) * [Issue 842: Generic type in Shared](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/issues/842) # Agenda 2023-12-06 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Merged changes * [ rtic-sync: add Arbiter for I2C #841 ](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/841) * [ Fix mono delay #843 ](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/843) * [# rtic-sync Arbiter: impl more I2C trait fns #845 ](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/845) * [ Update to heapless 0.8, disable pool test for now #846 ](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/846) * [ Refactor race condition free timer helper #850 ](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/850) * [ Fix nrf monotonics #852 ](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/852) * [ Add RTC interrupt example for stm32f411 #853 ](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/853) * [ Release rtic-monotonics, rtic-sync and rtic-time #854 ](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/854) * [ Fix rp2040 example #855 ](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/855) * [ Fix small error in readme #856 ](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/856) * [ Fix docs.rs features for rtic-sync #857 ](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/857) * [ Fix nrf::rtc errata workaround #858 ](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/858) * [ Fix race condition in calculate_now #860 ](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/860) * [ Prepare release of rtic-monotonics 1.4.1 and rtic-time 1.2.0 #861 ](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/861) * Discussion # Agenda 2023-11-22 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * rtic-monotonics example * Missing documentation * [Issue 839](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/issues/839) * Follow up on last meeting action points * monotonics nrf54 needs to be checked for the issue that was fixed in STM32 * [PR817](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/817) ready to go * Ideally I2C gets same features * Merged changes * Discussion * RTIC-Zero (minimal task/resource model). Perhaps usable as a library for RTIC (async). Exact architecture not clear. # Agenda 2023-11-15 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discussion * Puplic Relations? Do we want you-tube shorts, reels, etc. * Things are popping up, which is nice, but content might be (slightly) misleading. * https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFXX_A_-Lc4 # Agenda 2023-11-08 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported, yet * Follow up on last meeting action points * Monotonics * Merged: Thanks to [@Finomnis](https://github.com/Finomnis) * [PR829](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/829) * [PR828](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/828) * Merged changes * Discussion * Action Points * Go through and update other affected monotonic impls. * nrf52 # Agenda 2023-11-01 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * `rtic-monotonics` * Reported [issue 825](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/issues/825) * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discussion * Action points * @korken89 Double check overflow code in rtic-time and make sure overflows don't break monotonics. (dequeue check looks good, only monotonics need fixing) # Agenda 2023-10-25 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discussion # Agenda 2023-10-18 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Nothing new reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discussion * RTIC hits 1/2 million downloads * * ESP32C3 + wifi + RTIC happily married? * In the making, support for RISC-V 64 bit CV6, 32 Pulpissimo Ibex upcoming # Agenda 2023-10-11 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * [rtic-sync MPSC bug (race)](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/issues/780) reason known. (Reported earlier.) * Follow up on last meeting action points * rtic-monotonics work continues, fix upcoming. * Merged changes * Minor book updates * Discussion * Update all dependencies to `portable-atomics` (in favour of `atomic-polyfill`) # Agenda 2023-10-04 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * rtic-monotonics work continues * Merged changes * Fixed STM32-metapac [PR#813](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/813), [PR#812](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/812) * Discussion # Agenda 2023-09-27 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * rtic-monotonics "off-by-one", Korken et.al. at it * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discussion * Great progress on ESP32C3 PR, time to review! * Merge ESP32C3 support + IMC target through `portable_atomic`? [PR 733: Adding support for the ESP32C3](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/733) - this will push rtic-common to v1.0.1, and rtic-sync to v1.0.3 - add a new target (esp32c3) to the list of supported architectures # Agenda 2023-09-20 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * [Issue 804: stm32-metapac and stm32h7 device.x collision](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/issues/804) No fix should be needed. * [Issue 803: STM32 rtic-monotonics APB register names incompatible](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/issues/803) Related the monotonics crate, will be attended later. * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discussion, postponed * [Issue 800: Send shared resource container for thumbv6m-none-eabi](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/issues/800) # Agenda 2023-09-13 * No show # Agenda 2023-09-06 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * syn2 slow but going * Merged changes * Discussion * [PR796: stm32 monotonic impl](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/796) # Agenda 2023-08-30 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discussion # Agenda 2023-08-23 * Summer break # Agenda 2023-08-16 * Summer break # Agenda 2023-08-09 * Summer break # Agenda 2023-08-02 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * External but key ingredient for RISCV [@onsdagens esp-rs PR](https://github.com/esp-rs/esp-hal/pull/621) * Discussion * ESP32C3 support # Agenda 2023-07-26 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * [Issue 780](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/issues/780) * Needs to be reproduced, currently "hiding" * Might be missing `|| fq_empty` in [channel.rs](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/blob/master/rtic-sync/src/channel.rs#L280) * Follow up on last meeting action points * AfoHT * Working on syn2, argument parsing * Korken * TAIT Workaround * [x] Done and v2.0.1 released * Merged changes * Discussion * Release flow should be improved * Release tagging * CHANGELOG ergonomics? # Agenda 2023-07-19 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * Work ongoing * Discussion * [Issue 778](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/issues/778) # Agenda 2023-07-12 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Latest nightly changed TAIT that may result in [Issue 777](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/issues/777) * https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/112652 * https://rust-lang.zulipchat.com/#narrow/stream/213817-t-lang/topic/design.20meeting.202023-05-31.20TAITs/near/362518164 * Also affected https://github.com/embassy-rs/embassy/blob/main/examples/nrf52840-rtic/src/bin/blinky.rs * https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/107645 * Follow up on last meeting action points * AfoHT * [x] Migrate Bors to GHMQ for all repos * Action points * AfoHT * Continue with syn 2.0 * datdenkikniet * xtask for book work ongoing * Korken * TAIT workaround * perlindgren * Update docs, not only ARM anymore(soon)! * Merged changes * Discussion # Agenda 2023-07-05 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * Action points * AfoHT * Continue with syn 2.0 * Migrate Bors to GHMQ for all repos * datdenkikniet * xtask for book work ongoing * perlindgren * Update docs, not only ARM anymore(soon)! * Merged changes * Mainly CI related * Discussion * Any users of ARM M33 with RTIC v1/v2? # Agenda 2023-06-28 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * [PR753](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/753) work ongoing, not ready yet * Merged changes * Discussion * [RFC62](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/issues/62) # Agenda 2023-06-21 Meeting postponed # Agenda 2023-06-14 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * [#763](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/issues/763) * [PR#768](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/768) * PR review * [PR#767](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/767) * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discussion * [Issue 762 investigation](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/issues/762) * Action point * Fixup of build.rs, missing else-case # Agenda 2023-06-07 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported Meeting postponed # Agenda 2023-05-31 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discussion # Agenda 2023-05-24 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * [Docs 2 #741](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/741) * Discussion * Towards MPU based task isolation * Layout, GetLayout, GetLayoutType, layout-traits, layout-derive * Action points * Release 2.0.0 :tada: # Agenda 2023-05-17 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Fix for error in syntax defaults * Discussion # Agenda 2023-05-10 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Async tasks could get the wrong priority assigned (1 instead of 0): https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/748 * Follow up on last meeting action points * Docs coming along * Action point * Migrate from Bors * Merged changes * Discussion # Agenda 2023-05-03 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Done: update [`rtic-rs/defmt-app-template`](https://github.com/rtic-rs/defmt-app-template) to v2. * Done: Move v2 examples to main rtic-repo * Merged changes * Fix support for embedded-hal-async in `rtic-monotonics` ([#743](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/743), [#745](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/745)) * Improvements to the defmt template. (CI, removal of `cargo-generate`) * Discussion * bors-ng * Proposal: wait a bit more * Amaranth RISC-V experiment # Agenda 2023-04-26 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discussion * Goal & scope of (chapters of) the book. (datdenkikniet, can't make it to the meeting) * Split up into chapters for users (basically by-example), chapters for contributors (theory behind RTIC, internal data structures, etc), chapters about internals that _could_ be relevant to both (implementing `Monotonic`, RTIC vs other frameworks)? * Stricter separation of goals, use links to link to relevant info in different chapters instead. * A little more beginner friendly at the start. (Try to avoid jargon or semi-complicated ways of explaining concepts). # Agenda 2023-04-19 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * [#730](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/730) Visibility for Shared/Local * [#732](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/732) [#734](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/734) [#736](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/736) [#737](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/737) Documentation & xtask updates * Discussion * Action points * Continue docs * Go through all crates in the repo, make user everything has documentation and is setup so that docs are correctly generated on docs.rs * Go through the book, fix hard codeed examples to link to example files * Add migration guide to the book * Add guide on using `embassy` HALs in RTIC * Add guide on implementing a monotonic and PRing it to `rtic-monotonics` (can also be crate README) * Remove now-redundant RTIC v2 examples from [`rtic-examples`](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples) repo [rtic-examples #144](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/144). # Agenda 2023-04-12 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Some found and fixed, no new reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * [#727](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/727) Timer queue bugfix * [#728](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/728) testing timer queue * [#729](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/729) homogeneous reexport in monotonics * [`alpha.1`](https://crates.io/crates/rtic/2.0.0-alpha.1) released * Discussion * Action points * Documentation (datdenkikniet is willing to contribute) * Go through all crates in the repo, make user everything has documentation and is setup so that docs are correctly generated on docs.rs * Go through the book, fix hard codeed examples to link to example files * Add migration guide to the book * Add guide on using `embassy` HALs in RTIC * Add guide on implementing a monotonic and PRing it to `rtic-monotonics` (can also be crate README) # Agenda 2023-04-05 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Monotonic race condition, PR incoming * Follow up on last meeting action points * https://crates.io/crates/rtic v2.0.0-alpha.0 released * Merged changes * Discussion * RISCV backend progress # Agenda 2023-03-29 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported, improvements in the works * Follow up on last meeting action points * PRs need merging: Done * Merged changes * Discussion * RISC-V SW interrupt handler discussion # Agenda 2023-03-22 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * Not done * Merged changes * Discussion * Pawel on esp32c3 support for RTIC v2 * Pin nightly version for less surprises in CI [PR#714](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/714) * Action points * See previous week # Agenda 2023-03-15 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Error in `rtic_sync::channel` macros, fixed in [PR #703](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/703) * Follow up on last meeting action points * [x] AfoHT: All CI through xtask * Merged changes * [PR #703](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic/pull/703) * Discussion * RTIC PRECISE * RTIC SCANIA [Rust on AURIX](https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/about-infineon/press/market-news/2023/INFATV202303-076.html) * Paper in the works on ARM/RISC-V (CLIC/ESP32C3), TriCore (AURIX) interrupt support and outsets for efficient SRP based scheduling. * Action points * Fix book to always link to code in examples * Release `alpha.0` of all crates # Agenda 2023-03-08 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Discussion * @01joja and @Per discussed the work on modular RTIC # Agenda 2023-03-01 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discussion # Agenda 2023-02-22 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Korken89 refactored to support ARM|RISC-V backends * Merged changes * Discussion * [GitHub sponsors? Issue #697](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/697) * How to handle the funds? * Hardware for Embedded CI * Paying others to work on RTIC students/trainees? * [Mold + Uber "deal"](https://twitter.com/rui314/status/1593464571586830336) mentioned, are there big players who wants to pitch in? * * RISC-V work intensifies, [@noahzarro bringing expertise](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/687) * Action points * Korken: Revive embedded-ci * Team: Review v1 and get a release out * AfoHT: All CI through xtask * Per: Finish funding application # Agenda 2023-02-15 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discussion # Agenda 2023-02-01 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discussion * RTIC v1 vs RTIC v2 vs Embassy vs Others(?) * Added as low prio todo for later # Agenda 2023-01-25 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * Per continues on previous week action points * Awesome work @Korken89! * Merged changes * Discussion * New repo structure * Placement of documentation # Agenda 2023-01-18 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Design doc initiated * Executor polished * Merged changes * Discussion * Action points: * @Per: Writing up a design document for RTIC 2.0 (`min-codegen`). * [ ] Scope (supported features) * [ ] Overall design * [ ] Safety/soundness * `min-codegen` libs * [x] Message passing (MPSC) * [x] Monotonic support (`delay`/`timeout`) * Merge `rtic-syntax` CI into `min-codegen` * Merge rest of RTIC repos into the new structure * Discussion * RTIC macro # Agenda 2023-01-11 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * `new-structure` and `min-codegen` branch is now working and passing tests, time to move old functionality into `async` libs * Merged changes * Discussion * Action points: * @Per: Writing up a design document for RTIC 2.0 (`min-codegen`). * [ ] Scope (supported features) * [ ] Overall design * [ ] Safety/soundness * `min-codegen` libs * [ ] Message passing (MPSC) * [ ] Monotonic support (`delay`/`timeout`) * Merge `rtic-syntax` CI into `min-codegen` # Agenda 2023-01-04 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * Reviewing async, should focus on the new-structure-layout * Merged changes * Discussion * RTIC 2.0 will need nightly, waiting for [TAIT](https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/63063) * Action Points * Update examples to work with latest semihosting * Korken need to bring over recent deps updates into new structure # Agenda 2022-12-21 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * See previous week for the list * Action Points * rtic-examples * [x] Remaining non-trivial dependabot PRs # Agenda 2022-12-14 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * RTIC/Rust presentation preempted CI work * Merged changes * Discussion * Action Points * [x] Review/merge [PR79](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/79) * [x] Go through rtic-examples dependabot PRs * [x] @AfoHT remove actions-rs, use native rustup * [x] cortex-m-rtic [PR#669](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/669) * [x] rtic-syntax [PR#80](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/80) * [x] rtic-core [PR#25](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-core/pull/25) * [x] systick-monotonic [PR#11](https://github.com/rtic-rs/systick-monotonic/pull/11) * [x] dwt-systick-monotonic [PR#10](https://github.com/rtic-rs/dwt-systick-monotonic/pull/10) * [x] rtic-examples [PR#85](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/85) * @Korken89 * [x] Add chapter/section about *To be or not to be RTOS* # Agenda 2022-12-07 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * Review and merge [rfcs PR58](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/pull/58) Archiving of minutes * Async branch review in progress * Discussing [async-nrf @korken89 study material](https://github.com/korken89/async-nrf52832-hal/), but `embassy-nrf` should do it already * Actors: Nothing new * Merged changes * rtic-examples * [PR46: Add clippy](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/46) * [PR47: Add flip-link](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/47) * [PR43: Add IWDG on STM32F4](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/43) * [PR48: Cargo update on example](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/48) * [PR49: Add dependabot](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/49) * Discussion * actions-rs issues in GHA CI * [GHA deprecating `set-output`](https://github.blog/changelog/2022-10-11-github-actions-deprecating-save-state-and-set-output-commands/) * [Issues reported](https://github.com/actions-rs/cargo/issues/216) but seems [maintainership is absent](https://github.com/actions-rs/toolchain/issues/216) * Action Points * [ ] @AfoHT remove actions-rs, use native rustup * [ ] cortex-m-rtic * [ ] rtic-syntax * [ ] rtic-core * [ ] systick-monotonic * [ ] dwt-systick-monotonic * [ ] defmt-app-template * [ ] rtic-examples # Agenda 2022-11-30 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Nothing new, none reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * Actor api on hold * Merged changes * None * Discussion * [Audit in examples repo](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/issues/45) * Action: Add cargo-audit and dependabot for a test-run # Agenda 2022-11-23 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Nothing new, reported * [cfg] support (as of last week) * Follow up on last meeting action points * [cfg] not forgotten, but not a high priority atm. * Actor API proposed as forked release. * Merged changes * Related, [rp2040 Monotonic update](https://crates.io/crates/rp2040-monotonic) * Presentation: Jonas/01joja # Agenda 2022-11-16 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * #[cfg] support * [Issue 662: Local resources](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/662) * [Issue 665: Tasks with interrupts](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/665) * [Issue 664: #[cfg] on #[monotonic]](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/664) Discussion suspended for now, hard to support but might be nice to have. Not happy with the current partial/hacky user experience, might be better to deprecate and remove support, if it simplifies the codegen * Follow up on last meeting action points * Actor, feedback [(1)](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/75#issuecomment-1315658412) [(2)](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/537) * Merged changes * https://github.com/rtic-rs/systick-monotonic/pull/10 * https://github.com/rtic-rs/systick-monotonic/pull/9 * `min-rtic-codegen` - a new start? # Agenda 2022-11-09 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * [Async branc](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/tree/async-2022) review ongoing * Merged changes * No merged changes # Agenda 2022-11-02 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * No new reported, smooth sailing * Follow up on last meeting action points * Not much progress yet, continue until next meeting * Merged changes * Action points * Continue reviewing the `async` branch # Agenda 2022-10-26 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * No action points * Merged changes * Action points * Start reviewing the `async` branch # Agenda 2022-10-19 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * Status on async * [cortex-m-interrupt poc](https://github.com/datdenkikniet/cortex-m-interrupt) Embedded WG has shown interest * Status on Actor * No news * Merged changes * None # Agenda 2022-10-12 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes # Agenda 2022-10-05 * TODO * New release for dwt-systick-monotonic * Merged [PR9](https://github.com/rtic-rs/dwt-systick-monotonic/pull/9) * Released [v1.1.0](https://crates.io/crates/dwt-systick-monotonic/1.1.0) * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None noted * Per's students will run RTIC (again) coming semester * Follow up on last meeting action points * Actor API * Proposal: Separate branch release for Actor * Merged changes # Agenda 2022-09-28 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * Actor syntax PR still awaiting input. * Merged changes * [PR 661](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/661) Fix new lint in the compiler (linc unsafe linting). * [PR 660](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/660) `cargo/config -> cargo/config.toml` * Action points * Should the Actor PR be a branch release of RTIC instead? # Agenda 2022-09-21 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * No new regarding RTIC master. Async branch has an issue that emil is investigating. * Follow up on last meeting action points * [Modular RTIC](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/issues/57), RFC discussion for design and experimentation. * Merged changes * None * Discussion * CFG support, unclear what we really support. Causes some confusion. Should be an issue of its own at some point. # Agenda 2022-09-14 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * No new * Follow up on last meeting action points * Per made some progress on Actor syntax * Merged changes * None * Discussion * Modular RTIC (status) # Agenda 2022-09-07 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * "No" bugs discovered * Follow up on last meeting action points * Continue with previous mentioned merging endeavour * Actors * Async * Currently RTIC is single-core, `interrupt::free` sufficient for now * Merged changes # Agenda 2022-08-31 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discussion * Is RTIC an RTOS? * Kind of, sort of, depends. What is an RTOS, what level of abstraction is expected etc. * Modular RTIC * Niko asking for embedded DSL [link](https://matrix.to/#/!BHcierreUuwCMxVqOf:matrix.org/$clSpQkDI5Eh9bVFZMFMhlA73LQp2iOqXK4QEdm5i3Hs?via=matrix.org&via=psion.agg.io&via=mozilla.org) # Agenda 2022-08-24 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Action points * Merge Actors * Separate example to rtic-examples * Merge and release 1.2.0 * Have a look at `critical-section`, it is going to replace `interrupt::free` # Agenda 2022-08-10 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * No bugs, async-await exempted * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Action points * Merge Actors * Separate example to rtic-examples * Merge and release 1.2.0 # Agenda 2022-08-03 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * rtic-examples: [regex dependency PR38](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/38) :heavy_check_mark: * Follow up on last meeting action points * Actors next up for merging * Async-Await next in turn * Master thesis on modular RTIC starting in September * Merged changes # Agenda 2022-07-27 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * rtic-examples: [regex dependency PR38](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/38) * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * [PR653](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/653) :heavy_check_mark: * [PR652](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/652) :heavy_check_mark: # Agenda 2022-07-19 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Discussion/PRs/Issues * [PR652: Remove use of basepri register on humbv8m.base](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/652) * [PR653: Allow custom `link_section` attributes](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/653) :heavy_check_mark: * [Issue655: Problem with passing `static` locals](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/655) * [Issue654: Cfg blocks in Shared Resource fields](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/654) * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Tentative new meeting time * Proposed new meeting time: Wednesdays at 20:00 # Agenda 2022-07-05 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Cortex-M23 [does not build](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/652) * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes ## Discussion * Brief discussion on the Cortex-M23 BASPRI or not BASEPRI support. Armv8M Architecture Reference indicates BASEPRI support as of [Armv8M Architecture Reference](https://developer.arm.com/documentation/ddi0553/latest) (D1.2.5). But seems to be lacking for some implementations. ## Action points * Better understanding of the M23 Arch and implementations. We can use the [does not build](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/652) for further discussions. # Agenda 2022-05-31 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * None * Merged changes * None ## Discussion * Actor API [PR#537](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/537). * Rebased and passes tests. Plan for release started. * Async in RTIC. * Discussion postponed till next week. ## Action points * Emil to make a initial async API doc * Japaric will start looking into the Actor docs # Agenda 2022-05-24 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * [RTIC introduces ambiguous assert!](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/642) * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * [cortex-m-rtic-macros fix assert clash](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/643) * cortex-m-rtic-macros 1.1.3 released # Agenda 2022-05-17 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * [PR#637: Released v1.1.2](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/637) * [PR#638: Fixed Rust Analyzer warning](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/638) # Agenda 2022-05-03 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None reported * Follow up on last meeting action points * Release comping up, based on [PR#635](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/635) * Merged changes * Matrix bot, [PR#636](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/636) * Discussion * Timing issues with spawn from anywhere? # Agenda 2022-04-26 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * [PR#635](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/635) # Agenda 2022-04-19 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Caused by v1.1.x: [Issue 631](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/631) * Priority (out of bounds) error reporting: [Issue 634](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/634) * Follow up on last meeting action points * Release 1.1.x yanked, as causing problems due to MASK overflows in case of interrupt vector index > 32. * Merged changes # Agenda 2022-04-12 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Release 1.1.x but yanked to out of tree build problems not covered by current tests. # Agenda 2022-04-05 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * None * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Action Points * Make Bors not block on Embedded-CI @korken89 * Add performance regression checks on top of Embedded-CI @Per, (after completion of Embedded-CI.) Discussion/decision on test structure required (internal vs user-facing examples/tests). * Release currently merged changes as 1.1.0 * Prepare and merge Actor API for upcoming 1.2.0 release [#75](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/75) and [#537](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/537). * Prepare codegen for external init and idle tasks [#71](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/71). # Agenda 2022-03-29 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes # Agenda 2022-03-22 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * [PR626](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/626) * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discusson * Release 1.0.1 (or 1.1.0?) * Async/Await, what do we want? * Actor API * "Flagship" demonstrators? Showcasing larger applications including communication stacks for IoT? # Agenda 2022-03-15 No meeting # Agenda 2022-03-08 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * rtic-examples * [PR33](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/33) * [PR34](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/34) * rtic-syntax * [PR73](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/73) * [PR74](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/74) * cortex-m-rtic * [PR624](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/624) # Agenda 2022-03-01 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * rtic-syntax * [PR72](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-syntax/pull/72) * rtic-core * [PR24](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-core/pull/24) * cortex-m-rtic * [PR617](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/617) * rtic-monotonic * [PR8](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-monotonic/pull/8) * Plans * Get thumbv6 locking improvements merged * Get a release out # Agenda 2022-02-22 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * cortex-m-rtic * [PR616](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/616) * Discussion * [Issue 619](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/619) * [Issue 611](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/611) # Agenda 2022-02-15 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * rtic-examples * [PR33](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/33) * cortex-m-rtic Rework CI to publish rtic.rs docs on merge to master Release branches moved to `release/v<num>` Bors branches moved to `bors/xxx` General update of CI, added cargo clippy * [PR603](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/603) * [PR604](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/604) * [PR605](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/605) * [PR606](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/606) * [PR607](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/607) * dwt-systick-monotonic * Add extended variant, u64 range * [PR6](https://github.com/rtic-rs/dwt-systick-monotonic/pull/6) # Agenda 2022-02-08 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * @Glaeqen: mdBook does not support exit codes, docs CI broken [PR602](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/602) * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * [PR593](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/593) * [PR595](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/595) * [PR598](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/598) * [PR599](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/599) * [PR601](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/601) * [PR602](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/602) * [PR30](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/30) # Agenda 2022-02-01 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Discussion * [Actors API](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/pull/52) * [PR593](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/593) # Agenda 2022-01-25 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * No new bugs * Follow up on last meeting action points * Actor PoC updated :+1: * Merged changes * Documentation fixes * [PR588](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/588) * [PR591](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/591) * Discussion * `#[local]` resources are required to be `Send` whereas `#[task(local = [])]` ones are not - should the requirement be unified and if so in which direction? (@Glaeqen) -- `Send` requirement for a reason different * NVIC based SRP scheduling on armv6m. [PR589](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/589) * CI with RTIC as a dependency [ISSUE#592](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/592) * Action Points * @xmis9JvZT8Gvo9lOEKyZ4Q Actor API rebase prep for further discussion * @Per Potential problem with span reporting on mismatch in resource spec. [issue 582](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/582) * @Glaeqen Add docs about conclusion to `#[local]` resource discussion point # Agenda 2022-01-18 No meeting # Agenda 2022-01-11 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * @bradleyharden noticed >Has anyone run into a macro error "identifier appears more than once in list"? I can't seem to figure out what it's trying to tell me Ah, I was missing the initialization value for an early local resource which is the same error msg as in [Issue 459](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/459) * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Get here by rtic.rs/meeting - [PR379](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/579) * Drift free spawns [PR580](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/580) * Action points * @Per check and verify if rust-analyzer handles spans better [issue 582](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/issues/582) * @all study [PoC Actor API](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/537) # Agenda 2022-01-04 * Triage, bugs in the wild? * Follow up on last meeting action points * Merged changes * Changelog enforcer [PR577](https://github.com/rtic-rs/cortex-m-rtic/pull/577) * Teensy4 examples [PR29](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rtic-examples/pull/29) # First meeting of 2022 For older archived minutes see [rtic-rs/rfcs](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/tree/master/minutes) repo [2021 Minutes](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/tree/master/minutes/2021.md) [2020 Minutes](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/tree/master/minutes/2020.md) [2019 Minutes](https://github.com/rtic-rs/rfcs/tree/master/minutes/2019.md)