# 2021-09 CentOS board meeting
Zoom link : https://cern.zoom.us/j/97944502954
Passcode will be sent to participants and guests the day the meeting takes place.
# 2021-09 CentOS board meeting - Agenda
## Board members
* Pat Riehecky
* Brian Exelbierd
* Davide Cavalca
* Jim Perrin
* Mike McLean
* Tru Huyhn
* Rich Bowen (Chair)
* Thomas Oulevey (Secretary)
## Directors Absent
* Josh Boyer
* Johnny Hughes
* Karanbir Singh
* Lance Albertson
* Alain Reguera Delgado
* Neal Gompa
* Amy Marrich
* Brian Stinson
* Karsten Wade
**Quorum at 22h05**
* Previous minutes
* Any Comments ?
* Artwork SIG - Status and discussion
* Related to [#04 Definitive answer requested regarding logo design] issue
* Rich: Consult with legal: Must we get it registered, or can we just start using it?
* To be investigated
* Pat: Comments for logo consistency with arrows, can be discussed on the issue to not miss the comment
* Extra branding is appreciated by the audience
* Move forward with the proposal, no objection.
* Thanks to Alain for all the work around the logo.
* Operate First introduction
* [Slides for discussion](https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1u9tcCrn-otu9x3pZA9x6hw07Z0xYiznebcKY9nIZ39Y/)
1. Summary and requests
1. Introduction of Operate First, concept and community
1. Look at the Operate First community cloud
1. Q&A, requests
* Jim: What involvement from the board is expected and why ?
* Karsten: Help SIG and Stream development
* Jim: It could be run by the Infra SIG but need to clarify if Stream will be put forward by this RH initiative.
* Jim: Request should come from elsewhere with clear commitement.
* Neal: SIG vs Product
* Pat: How / Who?
### On going discussion
* Nothing to report.
**Issues to be closed (ACTION close all of them if no objection)**
~~* #62 Take down CentOS81 image on WSL~~
~~* #61 Take down CentOS8 image on WSL~~
~~* #06 Red Hat majority seat contradiction in governance~~
* #63 CentOS Stream and Operate First
* See presentation above.
* #45 CentOS variant artifacts (ISOs, disk images, etc.) branding
* posted request for feedback: https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2021-September/077326.html
* #44 Remove former Directors from various accounts and permissions
* #27 Providing Official AMIs in Amazon CN regions.
* #22 Draft all recent governance changes or ideas for Board discussion
* Board governance doc approved and published - https://www.centos.org/about/governance/board/
* Working on SIG doc - https://hackmd.io/nvUbZqkVTXuNmSn-SSnBag
* #03 Getting official CentOS images into Azure
* #01 Shift Board to be more transparent in support of becoming a contributor-focused open source project
* #04 Definitive answer requested regarding logo design (Note: Agenda item about this above)
**Issues on hold**
### Community Architect updates
* Dojo schedule will have been announced by meeting time - https://wiki.centos.org/Events/Dojo/October2021
* We'll be at Open Source Summit in Seattle - https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-north-america/ - and All Things Open in Raleigh - https://www.allthingsopen.org/
**Adjourned at 22h55**
###### tags: `agenda`