# 2024-02 CentOS board meeting Passcode will be sent to participants and guests the day the meeting takes place. # 2024-02 CentOS board meeting - Agenda # Attendees ## Board members * Amy * bex * Davide * Jefro * Johnny * Josh * Pat * Shaun * Thomas ## Directors Absent * Mike (sick) ## Guests * Benny V * Brian S * Jack A * Lance A * Neal G # Agenda * Previous minutes * Docs Day Update * Minutes : https://hackmd.io/a7FK6OUyQpygNXpWR5JNtw * Amy: Very productive day * Outreachy intern for CentOS * https://gitlab.com/CentOS/docs * CentOS Project and Infra SiG * Fedora is working on a policy to set priorities for their Infra team * https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/3157 * Sort out internal and external tickets * Not sure if needed, follow-up with the SIG Council and SIG Infra (Fabian) * Bex: Understand how much time they need, but not assigning tasks * Amy: interested in visibility and better communication * Johnny: Infra team pretty reactive * Neal: true for Core but may need some work for the SIG requests * [#124](https://git.centos.org/centos/board/issue/124): Re-distribution of RHEL kernel sources * Thank you bstinson and arrfab for working with Kmods SiG to get this resolved * Kudos ! * Blog post could be interesting ? Shaun will follow up with the team ### On going discussion * Nothing to report. ### Issues https://git.centos.org/centos/board/issues **Issues to be closed (ACTION close all of them if no objection)** * None **New issues** * [#125](https://git.centos.org/centos/board/issue/125): Board Activity clarity in governance * Formalize it in the governance * https://www.centos.org/about/governance/board/ * Work in progress * [#126](https://git.centos.org/centos/board/issue/126): Charter the SIG Council * Brian: Coordinating SIG and activities throug the SIG Council * Simpler proposal - key member + SIGs + RH engineering to get together on a regular basis * Report to the board on regular basis * Governance will be set by the SIG with the Board of Directors input * Synergy with EPEL ? EPEL could join when needed - Optional Group on the invite ? To be addressed in the ticket after discussion * Amy propose to have an async voting on the Pull Request for the website * Brian: It should sorted out by next meeting - accepted **Issues on hold** * None ### Community Architect updates * Connect videos up: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuRtbOXpVDjA30Q8EQzJBjfl0gCFo8vpK * Let's say something about Outreachy if Amy didn't already - see above * Also something about docs working day if Amy didn't already - see above * SCaLE upcoming with workshop and booth * Red Hat Summit planning, will be featured in Community Day * Do we want to talk about a board face-to-face? * Flock : no date/location yet (prefered option by Bex & Thomas) * Devconf : https://www.devconf.info/us/ * Discuss vote process for new board member * List of nominees sent to the Board * Proposal from Davide : https://www.rcv123.org/ * Accepted ! Open the vote for 10 days ### SIG Reports ### AOB * Davide: Inactive SIG process, Shaun will follow up for cfg mgt, altarch, etc... * Fabian will be chairing the Infra SIG ###### tags: `agenda`