# Aurora Update [2021-06-04]
The recording is available at:
- Status & current goal
- Last week
- This week
- NEAR->Ethereum slow transfers
- Next week
## Status & current goal
We've launched [a faucet](https://faucet.testnet.aurora.dev/) and a front end for the [ETH bridging](https://testnet.aurora.dev/bridge), block explorer launching later this week, we've announced a partnership with Injective protocol
## Last week
## This week
### Ahmed Ali
- Troubleshooting with Arto the [invalid hash issue](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-relayer/commit/8cd353eab5bf54e23b454c115ed8aa325cc3022e)
- Metamask [aurora-relayer#15 issue](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-relayer/issues/15) WIP.
- Reviewing PRs:
- Creating PRs:
### Alex Shevchenko
- 30+ investor&partners calls
- Legal setup work
- [Unblocked podcast](https://www.eventbrite.com/e/unblocked-with-near-protocols-alex-shevchenko-tickets-157626790975#)
- [Ru Binance Aurora AMA](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fj_S9R0Cek), around 5k views
- Hiring (Aurora Senior engineer position)
### Arto Bendiken
- Stood up a TestNet faucet:
- Worked on deploying a block explorer (BlockScout).
- Supported partners and early adopters, troubleshooting and fixing a number of issues.
- Supported the team with numerous matters.
- Organized tickets and logistics for EthCC and submitted two talk proposals.
- Interviewed candidates for open positions.
### Evgeny Kapun
- Transisioning to NEAR Core Team.
- Continuing working on the host functions.
### Evgeny Ukhanov
- Eth-connector u128 json parsing bug-fix and additional tests [PR #125](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/125).
- SputnikDAOv2 research & investigation. CLI & UI testing.
- Aurora-engine code reviews.
### Frank Braun
- [document how to replay failing transactions](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/evm-bully/blob/master/doc/replay-tx.md)
- add `-contract` option to `evm-bully replay-tx` (to debug `release.wasm`)
- [add -autobreak option to `evm-bully replay`](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/evm-bully/commit/d8575ec5266d8d179d1093dee6580fba7df58969)
- [add `make evm-bully=yes` build to `aurora-engine` CI](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/121)
Issued filed for all three testnet errors (reproducable with `evm-bully replay-tx`):
- [`evm-bully` fails on Ropsten testnet, block 11, tx 3](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/issues/127)
- [`evm-bully` fails on Rinkeby testnet, block 55, tx 0](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/issues/122)
- [`evm-bully` fails on Görli testnet, block 12842, tx 0](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/issues/128), **non-deterministic**
### Joshua J. Bouw
- Finished up Math API PR and worked with Bowen to complete it.
- Started work on Berlin hard fork on Aurora Engine.
- Cost changes are done
- Reviewed upstream EVM what else needs to be done
- Updated to latest EVM Core
- Worked on unblocking Frank's issue, still pending.
- Interviewed potential hires.
- Various code reviews
### Kirill Abramov
- Created [eth-connector#21](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/eth-connector/pull/21)
- Created [rainbow-token-connector#62](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/rainbow-token-connector/pull/62)
- Created [aurora-engine#109](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/109)
- Created [aurora-engine#111](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/111)
- Created [aurora-engine#112](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/112)
- Created [aurora-engine#113](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/113)
- Created [aurora-engine#120](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/120)
- Created [aurora-engine#124](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/124)
- Reviewed [aurora-engine#51](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/51)
- Reviewed [aurora-engine#118](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/118)
- Reviewed [aurora-engine#121](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/121)
- Reviewed [aurora-engine#123](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/123)
- Reviewed [aurora-engine#125](https://github.com/aurora-is-near/aurora-engine/pull/125)
- `eth-to-near-event-relayer`, `rainbow-token-connector`, `aurora-engine`: add method to check whether the proof is used.
- Prepare `eth-to-near-event-relayer` for the release with Marcelo.
- Discovered and fixed the storage failure issue after upgrading the `develop.aurora` instance.
- Supporting and updating eth-connector scripts and guide.
- Debugging, testing and fixing exit-precompiles for eth-connector.
- Some testing for precompiles deferring.
- Started implementing storage regression tests.
- Many discussions with members of the team.
### Marcelo Fornet
- Automatic Relayer
- Deployed new rainbow-token-connector with the new view functions. (https://github.com/aurora-is-near/rainbow-token-connector/pull/62)
- Track progress of missing functions in (https://github.com/aurora-is-near/rainbow-bridge-client/issues/43)
- ERC20-Connector + precompile to exit from Aurora
- Feature complete
- Contract calls to exit are only called if evm call finishes properly
- Covered with tests to check each funcionality individually
- Missing: End to end test.
- Several interviews both for Aurora and for Chain team.
### Matt Henderson
- Testnet Bridge UI coordination, testing, and launch.
- Began blog article about how the bridge works.
- Began DAO app specification.
- Internal and partner meetings around eNEAR liquidity.
- Added the Ropsten & Aurora faucets to the Testnet Resources tab.
### Michael Birch
- Proper handling of gas limits
- lunarity -> logos
- PR reviews:
### Pierre-Alain Ouvrard
- Work on client libraries and releasing ETH -> Aurora transfers
- Improvements to find-replacement-tx and error handling.
- Work on Aurora webapp
- Replace web3js with ethersjs: ongoing
- General info on the DAO:
- Member management
- DAO can update itself
- Control groups: RB contracts and Aurora contract
- Token creation / attaching the existing token to a DAO
- Token contract update
- What additional functions are there in SputnikDAO
- NEP-141 bridging to Aurora:
- Update the vanilla implementation of bridged ERC-20 inside the Aurora
- Aurora token to be bridged to NEAR or natively created on NEAR?
- Custom Aurora token connector
- Finalise ERC-20 connector for NEP-141 transfers
- Two tokens with additional contracts to swap the tokens
### [Bridge stats](https://duneanalytics.com/zavodil/rainbow-bridge)
### Relayers update
- Idea: make relayers spend fixed budget instead of periodic transactions
## Next week
- Ahmed Ali:
- Finalizing the Hardhat example.
- Iterating with Arto on the metamask notification issue.
- Troubleshooting other `invalid argument` issues.
- More docs.
- Shadowing Marcelo and Joshua in the interview.
- Alex Shevchenko:
- Legal setup
- Invest round
- Arto Bendiken:
- Faucet funding.
- Document all the things.
- Roll out edge infrastructure.
- CLI for the ETH & ERC-20 connectors.
- Evgeny Kapun:
- Review of the host functions PR
- Evgeny Ukhanov:
- Continue research of SputnikDAOv2
- Frank Braun:
- support Joshua with `evm-bully` errors
- if fixed, rerun
- if idle, `near-api-go` improvements
- Joshua J. Bouw:
- Berlin HF (upstream contributions)
- `evm-bully` errors fixing
- Kirill Abramov:
- support the release of the event-relayer on mainnet.
- finish eth-connector precompiles and tests for it.
- continue on storage regression tests.
- aurora-engine reviews.
- Marcelo Fornet:
- Finalising the event-relayer and deploying it
- Adding the monitoring for event-relayer
- Finalising ERC-20 exit precompiles and releasing it
- Clean ups in the repos
- Matt Henderson:
- Integrate faucet into the bridge UI
- Continue with DAO specification
- Try to get the UI going on Iteration 1
- Finish bridge blog article
- Support eNEAR liquidity next steps
- Michael Birch:
- Testnet automated deploy (at least some work towards this -- probably won't finish)
- sdk refactor (if there is time)
- Pierre-Alain Ouvrard:
- Transfer finalization checks to NEAR
- Finish web3js -> ethersjs
- Aurora exits ?