# Flight Plan
## Old Etherpad https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Airship_FlightPlan
## Scope for Airship 2 Release
What are we doing between Beta and Product/Release
* Complete All Day 2 Provisioning Lifecycle management activities .
* Hostconfig activities/roles/tasks
* Declarative Image Management
* Integration with CI
* Integration with ImageBuilder
* complete security/secrets subcommands i.e. password / secrets rotation
* Complete Host Generator / Variable Catalogue using BIOS/FIRMWARE
* CAPI v1alphav4 integration?
* Migration from Flux Helm Operator > Flux helm-controller
* Finalize Airshipctl incomplete commands
* airshipctl document validate
* airshipctl clusterctl delete
* airshipctl cluster status
* ?? What does this mean for s in terms of capabilitites for Airshipctl
* Airshipctl & Telemetry of the Phase Run's
* Do we need to define what this means?
* Multicluster/ Workload cluster support
* Inject or extrapolate kubeconfig into manifests when appropriate
### Airship in a POD
* Integration with airship hostconfig for day 2 CI/CD
* HostConfig Function is part of the library.
* Integration with airshipctl secrets capabilitites?
* Continue to enhance their catalog of well curated software library to support industry use cases.
* Complete NC type - Should be able to deploy CNTT like deployments.
* This means full core baremetal deployments.
* Where do we integrate/gate/functionality such as RAID/BIOS config changes ? Is that a Treasuremap item
### GAPS - What else do we want to add for discussion , add below:
| Project | Issues |
| - | - |
| Host Config Operator | https://github.com/airshipit/hostconfig-operator/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Atriage |
| Treasuremap | https://github.com/airshipit/treasuremap/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Atriage |
| Images - Image Builder | https://github.com/airshipit/images/labels |
| Airshipctl | https://github.com/airshipit/airshipctl/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Atriage |
| Docs | https://github.com/airshipit/docs/issues |
### Nov 18, 2020
### Nov 11, 2020
* [Review stale issues](https://github.com/airshipit/airshipctl/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Astale) < click for filter
* [V2.0 issues Ready for Review](https://github.com/airshipit/airshipctl/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22ready+for+review%22+milestone%3A%22v2.0%22) < Any critical ones needing more immediate attention?
### Oct 21, 2020
* Host Config Operator issues (new project to triage coming out of 10/15 design call)
* Will #1 serve as a model for the rest?
* Integration with treasuremap, are we good with one general integration issue, or will we need 1:1 with each host-config-operator issue?
### Oct 14, 2020
How do we keep documentation up to date.
MAtt mentioned some model that openstack helm is using to gate the documentation. TBD ...
### Oct 7, 2020
#### New Issues
* Need to define a CRD/Schema for the Variable Catalogue's
* Do we need multiple Kind's?
* Should try to keep the number of catalogues to a minimum.
* i.e. Versions vs Network is very different?
* So that is the reason why we need multiple.
* This should be define in the airshipctl/tree/master/pkg/api/v1alpha1 like other objects.
* Let's start with the Versions catalogue (https://github.com/airshipit/airshipctl/blob/master/manifests/function/airshipctl-catalogues/versions-airshipctl.yaml) to determine the ability of driving this with a structured CRD.
* Need an issue to deal with "remote direct to use phases"
* That is associated with this patchset.
Related Change #752363
Subject: Refactor remote direct to use phases
Owner: Kostyantyn Kalynovskyi (email@example.com)
+1 Vladislav Kuzmin
+1 Vladimir Kozhukalov
+1 srinivasa muly
-1 Kostyantyn Kalynovskyi
Last Updated: 2020-10-06 11:00:07 CDT
### Sept 30, 2020
Is the time right to introduce schema / CRDs for catalogues?
* Today they're all un-schema'd VariableCatalogue objects
* Opportunities to fat finger all kinds of things
* Catalogues are going to have per-site content, so need a good UX
* If we implement this Now, need to delete VariableCatalogues in a few cases
* Related to the no-op "VariableCatalogue plugin script"
* If we implement this Later... I thought Kustomize Functions
bought us something, but I can't think of what that would be
* Proposal: implement it Now, and do JSON patch deletes on
catalogues when needed