owned this note
owned this note
Linked with GitHub
title: CPE Weekly status email
tags: CPE Weekly, email
# CPE Weekly: 2021-03-31
Sorry for the two week gap since my last report, we had a busy time in the CPE team with the new fedora accounts deployment, our quarterly planning cycle started for Q2 and Ireland had a bank holiday mid week which *seemed* like a great idea at the time. Until no-one knew what day it was for about a week!
So here I am, right at the end of Q1 with the CPE teams final weekly report for January, February and March... two days early :)
If you would like to see this report and toggle to the section you are most interested in, I would suggest visiting this link https://hackmd.io/8iV7PilARSG68Tqv8CzKOQ?view and use the header bar on your left to skip to where you want to go!
## Initiative FYI Links
CPE had our quarterly planning call last Thursday 26th March to prioritize our project work going into Q2 (quarter 2, which is April, May & June).
Our initiative repo quarterly boards have been updated https://pagure.io/cpe/initiatives-proposal/boards/2021Q2
and our repo can be accessed here: https://pagure.io/cpe/initiatives-proposal
Our 2021 Quarterly Planning timetable can also be viewed here if you are curious on when our next quarterly planning session is: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/cpe/time_tables/
And finally, details on initiative requesting/how to work with us on new projects here: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/cpe/initiatives/
Going into Q2, the CPE team will work on rpmautospec https://pagure.io/cpe/initiatives-proposal/issue/11 and aim to deliver this project within the months of April, May & June. We are starting this project on Monday 12th April and will keep you posted on where the team will track work and what IRC channel they will use for comms.
You can also expect a Q1 blog post from us in the next week or two highlighting the work that the team delivered over the last quarter too.
* CentOS Dojo for May 13th & 14th CFP closes on Monday 5th April so please submit your talks asap! https://wiki.centos.org/Events/Dojo/May2021
## Project Updates
*The below updates are pulled directly from our CPE team call we have every week.*
* F34 beta is out!
* Mass reboot is scheduled for tomorrow, April 1st so please expect some issues due to this required outage
* Final Freeze is due to start on Tuesday April 6th @ 1400 UTC - F34 schedule can be viewed here https://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-34/f-34-key-tasks.html
* Fedora Accounts is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* There are still some corner case issues being worked through but users should be able to access fedora services as normal. **NOTE** you will need to reset your password if you have not already done so if you recieve an Unable to call ID or some note like that. Please request a password reset and wait for the mail to land. Then follow the link and reset your password.
* For any issues, please open a ticket on https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issues
* The team can be found on #fedora-aaa for discussions on IRC
* And please report any issues you find relating to the Noggin application in the repo https://github.com/fedora-infra/noggin
**ANOTHER NOTE** Thank you so so so much to all of the members of the fedora community and wider open source communities who assisted our team last week when we were deploying the new system. Your help did not go unnoticed and unappreciated and we could not have done this work without any of you. You know who you are, and you have my and the wider teams sincerest thanks and gratitude :)
## CentOS Updates
* Account Migration is scheduled for next Tuesday 6th April
* Please read this important email from Fabian Arrotin on verifying/updating your CentOS and Fedora email address https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2021-March/076690.html
* CentOS CI is also updating ocp.stg to 4.7.3 & will roll out to production by the end of the week if all goes well
### CentOS Stream
* Centpkg is build and available in Fedora and EPEL!
* MBS is being deployed
* ODCS is deployed
* Scripts for mass rebuild are ready
* CVE Dashboard for CentOS 8 Stream is up
* In short, lots of good things coming!
## Team Info
The Community Platform Engineering group, or CPE for short, is the Red Hat team combining IT and release engineering from Fedora and CentOS. Our goal is to keep core servers and services running and maintained, build releases, and other strategic tasks that need more dedicated time than volunteers can give.
See our wiki page here for more information:https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/cpe/
As always, feedback is welcome, and we will continue to look at ways to improve the delivery and readability of this weekly report.
Have a great weekend!