tags: NumPy, triage
# 2022-06-29 NumPy development meeting -- triage
- Time: 16:00 (4 pm) UTC
- Join via Zoom at https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/762261535 (or [dial-in](https://berkeley.zoom.us/u/aC3ENhycM))
- [Numpy community events calendar](https://scientific-python.org/calendars)
- [Triage meetings notes archive](https://github.com/numpy/archive/tree/master/triage_meetings)
- [Community meetings notes archive](https://github.com/numpy/archive/tree/master/status_meetings)
- [Documentation team meetings notes archive](https://github.com/numpy/archive/tree/main/docs_team_meetings)
**Code of Conduct**
The NumPy Steering Council has made a strong commitment to creating an open, inclusive, and positive community.
All attendees of NumPy community events must adhere to the NumPy Code of Conduct (https://numpy.org/code-of-conduct/).
If you see violations, take a screenshot, intervene in a respectful manner, and report it to the CoC Committee via email. For more information, refer to the Reporting Guidelines section on https://numpy.org/code-of-conduct/.
**Present** *(please add your name and GitHub handle, it's completely optional)*: Charles Harris, Tyler Reddy, Sebastian Berg, Inessa Pawson, Daniel Wesloh
* [PRs and issues labelled with "Triage-Review"](https://github.com/numpy/numpy/labels/Triage-review) (please add)
* [PRs and issues labeled with "needs decision"](https://github.com/numpy/numpy/labels/54%20-%20Needs%20decision) (46 open)
* [Open PRs - 198](https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pulls) Let's maintain below 200
## Follow up from previous meetings
* Scripted responses: https://github.com/numpy/numpy/wiki/Scripted-responses
(more examples are added)
- More will be added
- Maybe not use wiki (since we may want to retire most or all of it)
* [name=inessa pawson]: ENH: decoupled the codes to use all cache buckets and optimized *zeros* for small chunks of memory: https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/8777
## New topics
* A Project/dashboard to keep track of old(er) open PRs: https://github.com/numpy/numpy/projects/16
- Currently for inactive PRs (PRs older than 1 year).
- Lets clean those up a bit, then consider adding new PRs as well.
* [name=seberg] NumPy 1.23 release: `max_row` change to loadtxt? https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/21852
- Sebastian will send out a mail to the list
- workaround: https://numpy.org/doc/1.23/release/1.23.0-notes.html#np-loadtxt-has-recieved-several-changes
* [name=inessa] ENH: Reverse param in ordering functions: https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/14989
* [name=inessa] ENH: Reverse parameter in np.sort(): https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/14728
- `reverse` matches `sorted`, but array-api seems to [use `descending=`](https://data-apis.org/array-api/latest/API_specification/generated/signatures.sorting_functions.sort.html)
- It should be done "properly" unfortunately.
- PR can be closed on those grounds, however.
* [name=inessa] ENH: AVX implementation with intrinsic for small_correlate: https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/14497 – close?
- Considering its stalled and doesn't fit into the current framework, close? (Agree with mattis comment.)
- Close after meeting
* ENH: Add new numpy.ma.* aliases:
* ENH: push histogram calculations to compiled_base: https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/9910
* next NumPy Newcomers’ Hour – Thursday, June 30th, 2022 at 4 pm UTC
Speaker: Ryan C. Cooper
Topic: NumPy in the classroom
* in-person NumPy sprint at SciPy'22: July 16-17th
If you are attending the conference, please join us.
### Let's connect and keep the conversation going!
Join our **Slack** workspace: https://join.slack.com/t/numpy-team/shared_invite/zt-e2d24txg-w3Mq1OJZ2nEAAcGgQOoC0A
Sign up to our **mailing list**: mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
Follow us on **Twitter**: [@numpy_team](https://twitter.com/numpy_team)
Subscribe to our **YouTube** channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/NumPy_team
Please remember to archive this file by committing it to [github.com/numpy/archive/triage_meetings](https://github.com/numpy/archive/tree/main/triage_meetings)