# Chat Event: Learn-a-lang
Been pushing off learning that one lang for too long? Maybe it doesn't qualify for LotM status? Then \[name pending\] is for you!
This is perfect for languages which are too popular for LotM, or which have already been done a while back. But we're not discriminating, bring your fave lang along!
- Maybe it's *Jelly*, *Retina*, *J* or *APL* that you haven't gotten around to, but those are too popular for LotM.
- Maybe a 'legacy' language like *05AB1E* or *GolfScript*.
- Maybe you missed the LotM entry or want more practice for *Vyxal* & *Brachylog*.
- Maybe you want to get better at golfing in a mainstream lang like *Python* or *C*.
- Maybe it's a just not general purpose enough for LotM. Think `///`, Befunge, Canvas, Piet. But the event will be tailored to the problems it *can* solve.
Any which way, we've got you covered!
This is based off @cairdcoinheringaahing's CMC [here](https://chat.stackexchange.com/transcript/message/58764504#58764504):
> In a language you've never used before, calculate the n triangular number
We started discussing how to make this a recurring thing in the TNB [here](https://chat.stackexchange.com/transcript/message/58765023#58765023).
The general idea right now is to have an event where we're all doing CMC's in a pre-decided language.
If someone volunteers to teach it, there can also be a primer for X minutes before it officially starts. Or they can just be fielding preliminary questions or sharing golfing tips.
- We chatted about this in TNB & it had some support there. Is this something the rest of the site would want to do?
- Should we prioritize languages which aren't eligible for LotM \(again\)?
- [What should we call it?](link to CW) We'll vote on the name based on the ideas here once this thread stabilizes.
- What format should the event take? Will it be:
- problem-based, like BMG
- tutorial-based, like APL cultivation
- long-term, like LotM for a week
- If the language already has its own room, do we use its room, or do we use a separate room for this event? (or do we use TNB)?
- Which room do we use?
- Lang-specific, if it exists
- Event-specific: make a room for \[name pending\]
- General: TNB
- How often?
**Credits:** Thanks to @cairdcoingheringaahing for the inspiration and feedback on the draft. Thanks to @user for helping me write this up. And thanks to everyone else in TNB for riding along!