2017/5/13 Meeting with Google News Lab
* MrOrz, Bil, Lucien, Hazel @ Cofacts
* Irene from Google News Lab
## Collaboration between First Draft and Google News Lab
### Tutorials and Resources
* [Tutorials on news literacy](https://firstdraftnews.com/resources/category/news-literacy/) - guides for verifying photos and videos. Verification guides with localized examples and languages.
* [Verification guides with digital tools](https://firstdraftnews.com/resources/category/verification/) - empowering journalists to fact-check using existing tools. Has a verification checklist built in a [chrome extension](https://firstdraftnews.com/launching-new-chrome-extension-newscheck/).
* [Journalist Guides](https://firstdraftnews.com/journalist-guides/) for journalists to properly verify and report things emerge in the social media.
### [Schema.org ClaimReview](https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/factcheck)
![Image from google search devdocs](https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/images/factcheck-example-result.png)
Actionable Item: Implement it. [(Github issue)](https://github.com/cofacts/rumors-site/issues/18)
### [First Draft's 7 types of mis- and disinformation](https://firstdraftnews.com/fake-news-complicated/)
In a scale that measures the intent to decive:
1. Satire or Parody - 諷刺、惡搞、反串
1. False Connection - 標題或圖片與內容不符
1. Misleading Content - 誤導、陷害之內容
1. False Context - 斷章取義、移花接木（上下文）
1. Imposter Content - 仿冒來源
1. Manipulated Content - 偽造、惡意改作、移花接木（內容本身）
1. Fabricated Content - 完全錯誤、意欲誤導或傷害之內容
The **intention** behind the misinformation:
Event based newsroom for the French election. Gathered several news agencies in France. Requires some effort for this kind of collaboration to persist in the long run.
### News lab summit 2017 @ Singapore
Invited newshelper as well.
## Efforts from Other Countries
### Turn Back Hoax (FAFHH) @ Indonesia
An NGO with 40,000 collaborators doing fact check!
It works in the following way:
1. Posts articles to be fact-checked to Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/fafhh
2. Discussions initiated in facebook group as simple as replying to a post
3. Volunteers summarizes the discussion into an article to post in [Turn Back Hoax website](https://data.turnbackhoax.id/#/result/web/@terbaru).
### Sure and Share Center (Thai)
Operated by MCOT (Thai state-owned public broadcaster), they owns a Facebook fan page, an official website and a LINE@ account. After fact checking, they also publish infographics and mythbusting videos in both their website and their LINE@ timeline.
They use 1-on-1 chats in LINE@ to collect rumors, and uses a custom keyboard app populated with prerecorded responses to respond to the message senders.
We are reaching out to them to see if they are interested in building a bot. If so, we can provide technical support to them.