Gluster Community Meeting - 2019-07-23
### Previous Meeting minutes:
- Recording of this meeting-
### Date/Time: Check the [community calendar](https://calendar.google.com/calendar/b/1?cid=dmViajVibDBrbnNiOWQwY205ZWg5cGJsaTRAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ)
* APAC friendly hours
- Tuesday 2019-07-23x, 11:30AM IST
- Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/836554017
- Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 01:00 PM EDT
- Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/486278655
Name (#gluster-dev alias) - company
* Ashish Pandey (_apandey) - Redhat
* Rishubh Jain (risjain) - Redhat
* Susant Palai (spalai) - Redhat
* hari gowtham (hgowtham) - Red Hat
* Sheetal Pamecha (spamecha) - Red Hat
* Shwetha Acharya (sacharya) - Red Hat
* Amar Tumballi (amarts/@tumballi)
* Sunny Kumar (sunnyk) - Red Hat
* Rinku Kothya (rinku) - Red Hat
* Sanju Rakonde (srakonde) - RedHat
* Deepshikha (dkhandel) - Red Hat
* Pranith Kumar (pranithk) - Red Hat
* Sunil Kumar (skumar) - Red Hat
* Kotresh HR (kotreshhr) - RedHat
* David Spisla - Gluster User
* Rafi KC - Red Hat
* Prasanna Kumar Kalever (pkalever) - RedHat
* Karthik Subrahmanya (ksubrahm) - Red Hat
* Arjun Sharma - Red Hat
* Kaustav Majumder - Red Hat
### User stories
Felix, is trying to setup a production server. asked for ideas to set it up.
storing large media and research files using replica/disperse vol.
a users issue was addressed with a patch. duplicate entry in volfile. [bug which talks about issue](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1730953)
* Project metrics:
| Metrics | Value |
| ------------------------- | -------- |
|[Coverity](https://scan.coverity.com/projects/gluster-glusterfs) | 71 |
|[Clang Scan](https://build.gluster.org/job/clang-scan/lastBuild/) | 59 |
|[Test coverage](https://build.gluster.org/job/line-coverage/lastCompletedBuild/Line_20Coverage_20Report/)| 69.7 (13-07-2019) |
|New Bugs in last 14 days<br>[master](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=POST&f1=creation_ts&o1=greaterthan&product=GlusterFS&query_format=advanced&v1=-14d&version=mainline)<br>[7.x](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=POST&f1=creation_ts&list_id=10353290&o1=greaterthan&product=GlusterFS&query_format=advanced&v1=-14d&version=7)<br>[ 6.x](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=POST&f1=creation_ts&o1=greaterthan&product=GlusterFS&query_format=advanced&v1=-14d&version=6)<br>[ 5.x](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=POST&f1=creation_ts&o1=greaterthan&product=GlusterFS&query_format=advanced&v1=-14d&version=5) | <br> 12 <br> 2<br> 5 <br> 0 |
|[Gluster User Queries in last 14 days](https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2019-April/thread.html) | 17 |
|[Total Bugs](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/report.cgi?x_axis_field=bug_status&y_axis_field=component&z_axis_field=&no_redirect=1&query_format=report-table&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&bug_status=__open__&longdesc_type=allwordssubstr&longdesc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&deadlinefrom=&deadlineto=&bug_id=&bug_id_type=anyexact&votes=&votes_type=greaterthaneq&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailtype2=substring&email2=&emailtype3=substring&email3=&chfieldvalue=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&j_top=AND&f1=noop&o1=noop&v1=&format=table&action=wrap&product=GlusterFS) | 335 |
|[Total Github issues](https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues) | 380 |
* Any release updates?
* 4.1.10, 5.8 and 6.4's packaging is nearly done. will release it in a day or two.
* 4.1.10 will be EOLed
* Release 7, merged some patches and some are pending due to centos regression failing.
* Blocker issues across the project?
* we have fixed the python issue with 5.7 and are working on 5.8
* Notable thread form mailing list
* webhook for geo rep by Aravinda
### Conferences / Meetups
* [Developers' Conference - August 2-3, 2019](https://devconf.info/in) -
Schedule Announcement: https://devconfin19.sched.com/
Event Open for Registration : https://devconfin19.eventbrite.com
Last Date of Registration: 31st July, 2019
Event dates: Aug 2nd, 3rd
Venue: Christ University - Bengaluru, India
Talks related to gluster:
Ashish: Thin Arbiter volume
Aravinda: Rethinking Gluster Management using k8s
Ravi: Strategies for Replication in Distributed systems
Mugdha: selenium for automation in RHHI
### GlusterFS - v7.0 and beyond
* Proposal - https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1rtn38S4YBe77KK5IjczWmoAR-ZSO-i3tNHg9pAH8Wt8/edit?usp=sharing
* Proposed Plan:
- GlusterFS-7.0 (July 1st) - Stability, Automation - Only
- GlusterFS-8.0 (Nov 1st) - <Open for discussion> - Plan for Fedora 31/RHEL8.2
- GlusterFS-9.0 (March 1st, 2020) Reflink, io_uring, and similar improvements.
### Developer focus
* Any design specs to discuss?
### Component status
* Arbiter - nothing
* AFR - metadata split brain has been fixed. gfid split brain is being worked on.
* DHT - nothing
* EC - data corruption worked by Xavi and Pranith.
* FUSE - Nithya sent a few patches to invalidate inode. mail to discuss this
* POSIX - nothing
* DOC - Man page bugs are open need to be looked into. glusterfs-8 doc has to be looked into(RDMA has to be removed) Gluster v status has RDMA which has to be looked into as well . tier has to be removed from man page.
* Geo Replication - The mount broker blocker issue is fixed. The [patch](https://review.gluster.org/#/c/glusterfs/+/23089/) is merged. Needs backport to release branches.
* libglusterfs - nothing
* Management Daemon : glusterd1 - nothing new. glusterd_volinfo_find() optimization
* Snapshot - nothing
* NFS -
* thin-arbiter - performance improvements.
### Flash Talk Gluster
* Typical 5 min talk about Gluster with up to 5 more minutes for questions
* For this meeting lets talk about Roadmap suggestions.
### Recent Blog posts / Document updates
### Gluster Friday Five
* Every friday we release this, which basically covers highlight of week in gluster.Also you can find more videos in youtube link.
* Who will host next meeting?
- Host will need to send out the agenda 24hr - 12hrs in advance to mailing list, and also make sure to send the meeting minutes.
- Host will need to reach out to one user at least who can talk about their usecase, their experience, and their needs.
- Host needs to send meeting minutes as PR to http://github.com/gluster/community
Sunny will host the next meeting.
* Who will take notes from the next meeting?
[Amar] Road map has to be worked on for the next 6 months to be sent by Maintainers.
### Action Items on host
* Check-in Minutes of meeting for this meeting